Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help I can't get into my blockchain wallet!!! REWARD .2 BTC  (Read 3974 times)
superdork (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:07:47 PM

I have bitcoin in a blockchain wallet which I haven't accessed for a while (since shortly after the big crash a few months back) and now when I go to log in blockchain will not accept my password, and a red box pops up that says "Error Decrypting Password. Please check your password is correct" (sic)

1- I never changed my password
2- I had yubikey two factor enabled. I have since disabled it and tried to log in with just my alias and password (and/or with my identifier and PW) and it will not let me into my wallet.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

Is is possible to see if someone cleaned me out? I know when the last transaction I processed was.

PLEEEEASE HELP!!

The support desk sent me the following response:

I am sorry to hear of these transactions that you did not initiate. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as blockchain.info. By design, Blockchain.info never has access to users' accounts or bitcoins. If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your bitcoins are safe with blockchain.info. There is also no way to reverse a bitcoin transaction. In the future, to ensure your account is protected with an extra layer of security, always enable two factor authentication. I wish more could be done to get your funds back to you, but the nature of bitcoin makes it nearly impossible.

Reward of .2BTC will be paid out if you help me get back into my account (and there is enough to cover the reward left!!) * reward will be split if more than one person helps me actually regain use of my account
** reward only if I get in because of your help

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

(or if you just want some good karma!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:22:05 PM

I have bitcoin in a blockchain wallet which I haven't accessed for a while (since shortly after the big crash a few months back) and now when I go to log in blockchain will not accept my password, and a red box pops up that says "Error Decrypting Password. Please check your password is correct" (sic)

1- I never changed my password
2- I had yubikey two factor enabled. I have since disabled it and tried to log in with just my alias and password (and/or with my identifier and PW) and it will not let me into my wallet.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

Is is possible to see if someone cleaned me out? I know when the last transaction I processed was.

PLEEEEASE HELP!!

The support desk sent me the following response:

I am sorry to hear of these transactions that you did not initiate. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as blockchain.info. By design, Blockchain.info never has access to users' accounts or bitcoins. If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your bitcoins are safe with blockchain.info. There is also no way to reverse a bitcoin transaction. In the future, to ensure your account is protected with an extra layer of security, always enable two factor authentication. I wish more could be done to get your funds back to you, but the nature of bitcoin makes it nearly impossible.

Reward of .2BTC will be paid out if you help me get back into my account (and there is enough to cover the reward left!!) * reward will be split if more than one person helps me actually regain use of my account
** reward only if I get in because of your help

Did you happen to create a backup of your wallet?  If so, the private keys can be extracted from the backup and loaded into a new wallet to give you access to the bitcoins that were in the old wallet.
superdork (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:37:23 PM

Did you happen to create a backup of your wallet?  If so, the private keys can be extracted from the backup and loaded into a new wallet to give you access to the bitcoins that were in the old wallet.

Yes I did. Several actually.

I have attempted to restore them and it prompts me to input a password but blockchain will not accept my password, and a red box pops up that says "Error Decrypting Password. Please check your password is correct" (sic)

Is there a different procedure that I can follow to access the bitcoins in that wallet? How do I load the private keys into a new wallet? How do I find the private keys?

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:46:54 PM

Yes I did. Several actually.

I have attempted to restore them and it prompts me to input a password but blockchain will not accept my password, and a red box pops up that says "Error Decrypting Password. Please check your password is correct" (sic)

Is there a different procedure that I can follow to access the bitcoins in that wallet? How do I load the private keys into a new wallet? How do I find the private keys?

Assuming you haven't forgotten (or remembered incorrectly) your password, the easiest way to deal with it would probably be to install MultiBit and import it there:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_movingAWallet.html
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:26:06 PM

I had this happen to me a few days back, I asked blockchain support to remove 2fa and then I logged in Successfully with just my password.  Perhaps their 2fa is getting corrupted somehow.

NB I used the "Reset Two Factor authentication" option on the login screen
superdork (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:53:22 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED thru blockchain helpdesk.

Thanks for the help.

I wound up restoring a backup which has my funds YAY!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: