Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:16:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "The 1 million dollars story" or fraud from Okex/Okcoin  (Read 19820 times)
Steplish (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:55:13 AM

And else, maybe someone knows good jurist at the crypto-currency area?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mr777
Copper Member

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:42:37 AM

Guys, maybe someone have ideas, where can I try to apply for the dissemination of information about this incident. Maybe some mass-media may be interested in this material? Forums, blogs, bloggers? People should be aware of such cases. Everyone can become a victim.
You can contact the owner of the post because actually, I find this story very useful.

What do you mean?

His mean you need to contact the owner for more details.
Steplish (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:30:34 AM

Guys, maybe someone have ideas, where can I try to apply for the dissemination of information about this incident. Maybe some mass-media may be interested in this material? Forums, blogs, bloggers? People should be aware of such cases. Everyone can become a victim.
You can contact the owner of the post because actually, I find this story very useful.

What do you mean?

His mean you need to contact the owner for more details.

I'm the owner
ClaraFowler44

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:02:35 AM

I'm the owner
Oops! I have a bit of a username error. So sorry!
I also look forward to sharing with those who have encountered such incidents or frauds.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:51:17 PM

This is exactly the reason why I do not put all my eggs in one basket. Putting one million dollars in any exchange is really risky, there is no way knowing if they will steal it like what happened here or not. If I had one million dollars to actually trade, I would probably put them in like 10 different exchange websites and even save some aside in a ledger or something and do what I do very slowly with very little amounts while keeping my coins safe in my ledger.

Exchange websites are shady as hell but also lets give them the benefit of the doubt when it first happens because they may think you are stealing from yourself, they need to make sure its really you. However this one goes way beyond that so its valid.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:37:12 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 11:48:20 AM by darewaller

-snip
Worst of it all is that we never take actions against online scammers, I don’t really know why, maybe that’s because they can’t be traced or because we don’t know. Well, it’s still possible for them to escape. They can leave their building and move to another location, or it can be that they have put up a fake address on their website, quite possible. As for me, this can be a scam.

Most of these scam projects starts off like a good one and will literally gain people’s trust. And when they have been able to gain the trust of people and managed to have gotten millions of dollars invested in their care, they will come up with a stupid fake news to make away with the money.
Steplish (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:48:04 PM

One more story about Okex here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4771928.0

Maybe, does someone else has a story about Okex/Okcoin?
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 05:02:16 PM

On the other end of your fantastic trade, someone sold you really cheap Ethereum. But the problem is if there is really another human trader involved (a fat finger trade).

I think the exchange has no problem releasing the ETH you bought cheap if only there is someone that has sold you that. I think this is the problem when exchanges fake trading volumes or trades. They just sold you air and no ETH to give to you which is rightfully yours.

Steplish (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:18:06 PM

On the other end of your fantastic trade, someone sold you really cheap Ethereum. But the problem is if there is really another human trader involved (a fat finger trade).

I think the exchange has no problem releasing the ETH you bought cheap if only there is someone that has sold you that. I think this is the problem when exchanges fake trading volumes or trades. They just sold you air and no ETH to give to you which is rightfully yours.

We can assume a lot. Even if the Okex was engaged in own machinations - these are their problems.
There are guesses that in this situation hacked the trading robot Okeech. Therefore, they offered a bribe, because they were own money and they could offer them. At the same time, they certainly do not make any statements, because if they admit to being a hack, then big investors will begin to withdraw their money from accounts ...
Steplish (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:05:07 PM

Else one story about the fraud of Okcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4802995.0
Now is popular in mass media.

Dear Mr. Feng Bin, if you see this message, contact me, please.
Steplish (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:41:53 PM

Hello, dear users. At last week we have one more article about Okcoin. For this time, the group of investors, who had huge losses on Okcoin, accuses the founder and CEO of Okcoin Mr. Xu Mingxing. More detail you can read here: https://www.caixinglobal.com/2018-09-12/chinese-bitcoin-tycoon-xu-mingxing-questioned-by-police-101325058.html
gembirdprivate

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

Hi, everybody. Today I would like to tell your “The 1 million dollars story”. This story happened not only with me, but also with many others. I am sure that there are many people experienced similar fraud.
All crypto miners and traders are linked to some sort of crypto exchanges. I personally work with many of them, and always there are some troubles. Today I would like to write about crypto exchange OKEX (https://www.okex.com/), which is a branch of Okcoin (https://www.okcoin.com/).

Let’s start the story.

14th of January 2018 there was a big market sell of ETH (with the volume of 100 000 ETH). This volume pushed the price down (see the graph). On the second graph with 15 min — interval, you can see that the deal didn’t happen at once, but there were several big sells.

Graph 2 - ETH/USDT – 15m

This time I bought 1045.33...ETH for 0.002 per unit. I had the order to buy 10000 ETH and this order was activated partially (see screenshot below).

I also add screenshot with my account balance.

Immediately after that, I tried to take out part of ETH balance, but it was blocked (see picture below).

When I tried to withdraw 10 ETH, it was also blocked, even though that quantity of ETH I did have before the purchase of 1045 ETH.
After these unsuccessful attempts to withdraw money my account was completely blocked. Then  I tried to contact to customer support to explain the situation, but they simply ignored all my messages.

I messaged to customer support both of OKEX and Okcoin, but there was only silence. After some time they called me. Unfortunately, it was really hard to speak to Chinese in English, because of their accent. Thus I asked them to write me in order to make communication simpler. They ignored. During the call representative of this exchange offered a deal: «we can leave you with 145 ETH (about 160 000 dollars), and the least 900 ETH (around 1 million USD) we will take away». They pushed me to accept this offer, but there was no explanation why should I give them a present of 900 ETH, if I did everything according to the exchange’s rules. No explanations at all. After this, they started to ignore all my messages and calls. I also tried to contact through social networks, but they continued to ignore me.
        During my attempts to contact to exchange representatives I made some trades in order to diversify risks.

A little bit after, 23rd of January my account had been completely blocked. I loose opportunity to manage my orders. Several days later, my account was unblocked but all my orders were canceled (on the screenshot only first page is showed).

Take into account the numbers in blue rectangle (available balance). They cleaned also my history of withdrawals. Below there is a screenshot of ETH withdrawals history before this story.

and after blocking my account.

After the canceled active orders they also did steal my funds from balance and it happened to look as in the next screenshot:

One month later after previous phone call I finally get a new call from technical support. This time they argued based on one of their rules — see screenshot below. No explanations what exactly I did wrong, only reference.  More interesting fact is that this rule about futures trading and not cryptocurrency (coin) trading. You can find it in the chapter about futures trading rules. (https://support.okex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000611372-OKEx-Futures-Trading-User-Agreement) There were no explanations about this fact again.

After this representatives started to ignore me completely. Nobody answers my requests to technical support or directly to the company representatives. Moreover, I lose money in equivalent to 1053 ETH.
        In the history of transactions with ETH you can see that ETH just vaporized. The last transaction was 21st of January — that time I had 988 ETH on my account. Then my valance became to equal to 22 ETH. See the screenshot below.

The same situation also happened to other assets.

Taking into account volume of ETH which was sold during the price drop, I can conclude that there are many people like me who got ETH for low prices. I am sure that I am not the only one, who was frauded by the exchange. I hope that somebody would read my «1 Million Dollars Story» and share his/her own story (or contact me). Moreover, I am sure that there are much more people which were frauded by OKEX on a smaller amount of money. I am kindly asking everybody, who experienced fraud and larceny from OKEX, please contact me and share your story. Only together we would be listened and would have the opportunity to something. Otherwise more and more people will be new victims of this exchange.
        You can find many articles and posts writing about how hackers steal XXXX amounts of BTC or altcoins. But after this story, I have a question. How many times money was stolen simply by exchanges itself? Maybe all that stories are not about hackers?

P.S. if you also experienced some kind of fraud from other exchanges, please share with us.

I am also adding the link to tech-media, where you can read about this story.
https://ain.ua/2018/03/20/ukrainec-obyavil-o-krazhe-1-mln".ua/2018/03/20/ukrainec-obyavil-o-krazhe-1-mln

And English version of the article: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3YnVyYIQ3QE6ji5QbFDNVgqLN0MZnUT/view?usp=sharing

The story is good, I liked everything.
What do you think, how much will it pay off?
yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:38:28 AM

Read my story as well:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5112049.msg49826895#msg49826895
Hong Kong police was investigating.
Steplish (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:52:34 PM

Read my story as well:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5112049.msg49826895#msg49826895
Hong Kong police was investigating.

Hi, I can't open the link for your topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5112049.msg49826895#msg49826895
Can you give me another link or tell me your story, pls!? Or maybe send a text file with your topic... Maybe i haven't access to the topic
yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:24:22 PM

Yes I don´t know why its necessary to be logged in to read my thread. But here the copy, paste:

Okex robbed over 4 Bitcoins from me, Hong Kong police department investigating.

I tried with
1. Phone support
2. Chat support
3. Mail support
I am still waiting for following withdraws requested:
BTC 2018-03-05 00:54:31 withdrawal -3.68650000 0.00042000 0.00000000
BTC 2018-03-05 12:06:20 withdrawal -0.63150000 0.00068300 0.00000000

My case is classified as Crime Alleged to Occurred Outside Hong Kong.
The location of the company, OKEX situated at 255 Gloucester Road, was visited from the Hong Kong local police and confirmed to be a false address and no such company was found.

The last e-mail I received from okex was the following on 17 juny, 2018!
"Dear user ,
Our team are working on it , please wait patiently .
best regards"
I had about 20 e-mails conversating with them. All they have done was put off the case.
Steplish (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 08:09:11 AM

Yes I don´t know why its necessary to be logged in to read my thread. But here the copy, paste:

Okex robbed over 4 Bitcoins from me, Hong Kong police department investigating.

I tried with
1. Phone support
2. Chat support
3. Mail support
I am still waiting for following withdraws requested:
BTC 2018-03-05 00:54:31 withdrawal -3.68650000 0.00042000 0.00000000
BTC 2018-03-05 12:06:20 withdrawal -0.63150000 0.00068300 0.00000000

My case is classified as Crime Alleged to Occurred Outside Hong Kong.
The location of the company, OKEX situated at 255 Gloucester Road, was visited from the Hong Kong local police and confirmed to be a false address and no such company was found.

The last e-mail I received from okex was the following on 17 juny, 2018!
"Dear user ,
Our team are working on it , please wait patiently .
best regards"
I had about 20 e-mails conversating with them. All they have done was put off the case.

wow, what was next? Police are investigating this case now?
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:33:56 PM

Woah, I read the whole story and I am really astonished. I would be in huge panic if I were in your place. Never trust these Chinese people.
I guess you have all the required prrofs you need to file a complaint against the exchange. I would suggest that send the screenshots to the exchange and tell them that you will file a complaint against them.
This should fear them and they might return the balance to your account. Do this and wait for a response and if nothing works out then you should definitely file a complaint.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Steplish (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:53:50 PM

Woah, I read the whole story and I am really astonished. I would be in huge panic if I were in your place. Never trust these Chinese people.
I guess you have all the required prrofs you need to file a complaint against the exchange. I would suggest that send the screenshots to the exchange and tell them that you will file a complaint against them.
This should fear them and they might return the balance to your account. Do this and wait for a response and if nothing works out then you should definitely file a complaint.

Thanks, I'm thinking about it. Not easy to find good jurist in crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: