Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:16:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tysat is misusing the trust system  (Read 894 times)
odolvlobo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:41:45 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 06:53:47 PM by odolvlobo

tysat, a moderator, gives people negative trust for reasons that have nothing to do with trust. Here are his reasons for not trusting users:

"Posted a new altcoin called "bitcoin" but it's a scrypt version instead of SHA256"
"Posting altcoin stuff in the newbie section"
"Sells Bitcoin Robot which doesn't actually make you BTC, ... Portfolio is valued in $ instead of BTC, this is what caused the issues."
"Necros super old thread for no reason"
"Sells accounts"
"Thread necro'er"
"Necro'd 2 month old post"
"Necro'd a 2 year old post"
"Necro'd 8 month old thread"
"More speculation in the newbie section"
"Necro'd alt-coin thread in the newbie section that was 4 months old"

As you can see. None of these have to do with trust or scams -- he just doesn't like the post or that someone responded to an old post.

edit: fixed tysat's name

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:09:46 AM

That sort of usage is allowed. Trust ratings aren't moderated.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:40:27 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 03:00:04 PM by tysat

Tysat, a moderator, gives people negative trust for reasons that have nothing to do with trust. Here are his reasons for not trusting users:

"Posted a new altcoin called "bitcoin" but it's a scrypt version instead of SHA256"
"Posting altcoin stuff in the newbie section"
"Sells Bitcoin Robot which doesn't actually make you BTC, ... Portfolio is valued in $ instead of BTC, this is what caused the issues."
"Necros super old thread for no reason"
"Sells accounts"
"Thread necro'er"
"Necro'd 2 month old post"
"Necro'd a 2 year old post"
"Necro'd 8 month old thread"
"More speculation in the newbie section"
"Necro'd alt-coin thread in the newbie section that was 4 months old"

As you can see. None of these have to do with trust or scams -- he just doesn't like the post or that someone responded to an old post.

Digging up and replying to old posts is a red flag for sketchiness or someone who doesn't understand how forums work, usually it's the second.  If that's the case the trust rating is used to get their attention, and I'll remove after talking with the person via PM.

EDIT:
I feel pretty confident in my ability to defend any of the feedback I've left as well, and if I can't defend the feedback then it will be removed.  Feel free to challenge me on anything specific and I'll let you know the reasoning behind me leaving it.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:42:34 PM

hmm. i necro a thread every now and again. seems a bit harsh.

i would be upset if i got bad trust for that.

I'm not doing it for everything, just spammy ones really.  Plus I'm removing the trust feedback if someone talks to me about it.

Edit:

Also, why do most people write Tysat instead of tysat?  Seems like everyone is blind as to what I use  Grin
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 06:46:08 PM

At least they don't write TySat-1.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:52:36 PM

Call me insane, but it seems tysat is using it as more of a note taking place for sketchy activity then for trust, why not have a checkbox to make it as such. A checkbox that say it is a note and has no real bases on the trust activity cause until these people say or do something. Cause if tysat did that to me I would also be mad, look at my trust feedback it mostly trolls who I have called out and then when I go to make deals it hurts me sometimes.

i have asked for a neutral setting for ages, i think it is only not being done cuz i was the one who thought of it. it is clearly needed.

I am not much better so until like John K or Badbear ask for it, we might as spit into the wind.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:56:32 PM

Giving tysat negative feedback now... for being a Packers fan.
gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 07:01:32 PM

Giving tysat negative feedback now... for being a Packers fan.

That is a fair use of this "system".

But I doubt Thermos will add you to his default trust anytime soon.

lol Thermos Grin

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:20:44 PM

HOLY SHIT!  A TALKING GOAT!!!!!

*faints*
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 08:03:47 PM

Call me insane, but it seems tysat is using it as more of a note taking place for sketchy activity then for trust, why not have a checkbox to make it as such. A checkbox that say it is a note and has no real bases on the trust activity cause until these people say or do something. Cause if tysat did that to me I would also be mad, look at my trust feedback it mostly trolls who I have called out and then when I go to make deals it hurts me sometimes.

i have asked for a neutral setting for ages, i think it is only not being done cuz i was the one who thought of it. it is clearly needed.

To me, not putting anything in risked BTC should be a neutral trust rating.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:11:09 PM

No, it shouldn't. Say I trade with a newbie, and I ask her to send first. She "complies", sending me a blockchain link that displays an irrelevant transaction, hoping for me to send the goods without noticing. I catch this scam: I risked nothing, but this newbie is not to be trusted.

This is just one of many reasons for no risked BTC to be negative or positive.
odolvlobo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:17:27 PM

No, it shouldn't. Say I trade with a newbie, and I ask her to send first. She "complies", sending me a blockchain link that displays an irrelevant transaction, hoping for me to send the goods without noticing. I catch this scam: I risked nothing, but this newbie is not to be trusted.
This is just one of many reasons for no risked BTC to be negative or positive.

"Risked BTC amount is money that the person could have stolen or did steal."

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: