Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread permanence and a safer way to allow updates in auction threads.  (Read 609 times)
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:51:26 AM

I was having a discussion with Goat and came up with an idea for Auction threads.

How about allow the OP to update the original post, but make the update take place straight after the original text so that the users can see the progression from the original to amended text.

Also I think the other marketplaces where people sell stuff should have this permanence too.

I wonder if such areas should have a type of permanence, like the auction threads? Or would that be overkill?
i personally think all selling areas should not let someone change something without a history of what was changed.

Well locking all posts like the auction threads would be a good start, if the OP needs to correct something they can update with a new post in that thread.

A better solution would be to create a section that could be appended to the original post so all the thread goers can see it, but also see it is in addition to the original post.

Example:

Quote from: Post #1
I am selling a fox for 2,000 btc.

And then an amendment to the original post:
(The important part being they cannot modify the original post at all, only append.)

Quote from: Post #1
I am selling a fox for 2,000 btc.
----
Update to Post #1:
Sorry its not a fox, but rather a goldfish.

I wonder if that could work because it would allow all newcomers to be up to date from post 1 instead of having to read the entire thing.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:38:36 PM

This does sound like a good idea. Another one would be to color in red what has been changed (including new text) from the original post. Deleted text could be struck through.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:10:46 AM

Or there could be a button or a tab to view post history.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:33:09 PM

This

or

Or there could be a button or a tab to view post history.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: