Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:02:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After FB, now Twitter. Is there any effect to us and what should we do?  (Read 1110 times)
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:27:57 PM

It is forbidden not to talk about crypto currency and not information about it in these social networks, but advertising ICO and crypto currency. This prohibition is aimed at cleansing these networks of fraudulent advertising and can not inflict any harm to the crypto currency itself. At the price of crypto currency, this also should not be reflected. On the contrary, this will help to strengthen confidence in the crypto currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:52:02 PM

Source: https://twitter.com/CryptoBoomNews/status/978741085953503232

It was just announced that Twitter has confirms ban on crypto ads starting from today. It follows the steps took by FB earlier.
Google is going to do so in June.

Is there any effect to us?
And what should we do aside of keep calm and do not rushed into panic selling?

We gotta fight for this. But how?
What's your opinion?

There is nothing to do twitter is a centralized social media site and they can do whatever they want with their site, what we must do? The same we have always done to adapt to the new circumstances, new cryptocurrencies will need to find another way to promote themselves among people, it is difficult right now to think about what can be more effective than advertising in those platforms but at some point someone is going to discover another way to bring new investors to projects still in development.
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:34:57 PM

It was just announced that Twitter has confirms ban on crypto ads starting from today. It follows the steps took by FB earlier.

What's your opinion?

The popularity drop by just little but there always a way how to promote or advertise crypto even they banned this already in twitter and facebook actually i can't believe that they can ban this in social site because it run in online world like google so to create a new site here is easy to do about or related to crypto so they can't stop crypto to become more popular so OP don't overthink and think your business here

CryptoPricer

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 10:51:55 PM

If anything, this is positive news for the cryptocurrency community. Most cryptocurrency advertising on those platforms are for ICOs, and lots of them are scams.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:01:32 PM

It will not affect the coins since they are only spamming using ADS, I didn't tried to invest or click those ads anyways so i think most people do that also. What important in advertising crypto is the community support so if i can find them in medium, reddit or here then there is a big chance that it likely become successful because there are supporters.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:06:38 PM

There have been many countries in the block chain that have banded together to Sue Google, twitter, Facebook's unfair competition!

The law will give us a reasonable result in the future!
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:06:47 PM

Until now there are still a lot of bitcoin bans in circulation, and the number of negative news about bitcoin will certainly affect the bitcoin plunge, but we must stay calm because it could have been a drama that took place to take huge advantage of the declining bitcoin price.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:14:19 PM

The news already dropped weeks ago. The policy just officially went into effect. It only affects the ability to buy cryptocurrency or ICO-related ad space from Twitter. Nothing is really going to change, except you'll stop seeing scam ICO ads promoted in your feed.

The market has already been selling off for months. Where have you been? You'd wait until now to panic sell? Grin

Dude you're so late with the news. Than ban should NOT be a problem. Not even a bit. All the scams getting removed is a very good thing.

It doesn't matter either way. The big problem isn't paid promotion; this is just so Twitter and other companies can give the appearance of doing something. The real problem on Twitter is copycat accounts replying to threads by real accounts. They litter the threads with scams -- "send me 0.5 ETH, get 5 ETH back!" -- and people actually fall for it. The amount of dumb money in this space is truly incredible.

Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:20:44 PM

Any negative news around the globe will affect the market , these are major advertising firms too and having a ban in these sites is a big thing as you will loose the power to advertise to the users who are using social media, they have come to this decision because many scams are advertised using these platforms and have made millions of dollars and it is hard for anyone to identify which is a good one and which once are not which forced them to come to this conclusion.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:26:37 PM

What's your opinion?

yes, of course, if true, its decision to give effect to crypto world, just like when google, facebook and yotube banned crypto.

but I read, that CEO tweeter jack Dorsey specifically for bitcoin, he commented positively, even he said the next 10 years bitcoin would be the biggest crypto.
My assumption, it seems CEO is banning crypto ads, but not for bitcoin.
nellakarisma

Activity: 582

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:26:51 PM

if there is a definite effect for all of us who invest in cryiptocurrency world. both trading and so forth.
such as the price on the down.
I was forced to sell my coin even in a state of loss. in order to meet the daily needs .
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:54:14 PM

They can ban ads on their platforms, but people will keep talking about Crypto-Currency, sharing news, ICOs, referral links... There are millions of users on these platforms, it's impossible to follow all these peoples actions. The effect I see is that Crypto-Currency loses some "legitimacy" with mainstream's sector, it can be considered more "marginalized" by this segment. Anyway, nowadays, who is worried about what mainstream thinks?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:55:52 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 06:26:05 PM by fanbeila

No bitcoin has never been dependant on such social medias for its survival.I t might hurt ICOs very much which in turn would hurt Ethereum which is mostly used for raising funds.Bitcoin has already reached almost major section of people and now such bans would make no differences.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
88jewel

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:02:54 AM

Just hold on on what we believe, that is what we can do for the development that is happening. It might be good to eliminate scam and it might also affect bitcoin but the good news is its part of the process of transformation or revolution in the world of currency. People are just too scared to get out of their convenience or simply what they are used to.. like the use of real money however if the trend is for crypto currency to fit in the market, it will happen no matter what.
Janademir4

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:09:29 AM

What's your opinion?

this news is very shocking cyberspace, especially for the bounty hunter, but what to fear? I think for advertising using video there are still many service providers similar to youtube like vimeo and others and for blog there are other provider sites such as medium, stemit and others

gtx1060aa

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:47:26 AM

I consider that if to technical support of twitter begin to write 50000-100000 people that they against the ban on advertizing of cryptocurrency that twitter will shortly think of withdrawing this ban daily!
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:51:00 AM

I dont see why it will affect us too long. Its only for ICO's and reality is we don't really NEED to advertise ICO's on either platforms, its just a plus when its done. Bitcointalk should be the only place to market and advertise ICO's anyway  Wink

Campaign Manager (2018)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:42:23 PM

The current dip is just continued inhertia from the $20k bubble bursting. I mean im not going to say news like these have 0 impact, there are many noobs still holding bitcoin, and when they read this they may triggered.

In my opinion we are near capitulation. Once I saw some clueless women talking about the "death cross" in bloomberg it made me confident that we are getting near unreasonable FUD levels. $6660 may be bottom and were we rebound towards ATH.
simonova

Activity: 69
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:59:23 PM

What's your opinion?

It will affect the prices of all coins but the effect will be temporary. Biggest impact will be on new coins that will now have hard time promoting their projects to new investors. I think bitcointalk may be benefited because of this and we can see more such campaigns here for new coins.
tramadols

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:04:40 PM

What's your opinion?

I don't know what else will happen, when twitter prohibits crypto. presumably at this time that makes bitcoin down mainly on ethereum. but on the other hand, I read the news about the lawsuit that will be done by three countries, china, korea and germany. his news to these 3 countries will sue the google, and facebook for having banned crypto. yes, hope this is true.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: