Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:42:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding under the radar ICOs  (Read 470 times)
Janejul (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:11:21 PM

Hi guys,

So, seeing that the amount of new ICOs are going insane, I am often thinking about which tactics you use to find new prospects?

The new ICOs are spending sick amounts of money on marketing and influencers, and it is becoming hard to distinguish good from bad.

The only real promising under the radar project I have found this month is Welltrado. I base that on a 5.0 rating on ICObench, and a double gold win at d10e. Trustworthy sources in my book.

However I don't want to spend all my allocated money for April on that one project. So guys. Do you know any upcoming ICO projects with great ratings and real-world backing that could be worth a look? I don't give a shit about bitcoin talk  hype. Give me something real, not bought by coin drops and affiliate bullshit!

crypto_lad

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:25:12 PM

Dunno man.

I have found Jack shit lately. It's a jungle out there. Bitcoin talk isn't very helpful. But I am starting to watch small YouTubers currently, the ones that are obviously not paid. Some of them spend an insane amount of time on research.

Welltrado_Kim

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 02:47:31 PM

I guess we have to work on getting above the radar 😎
But we kind of believe in "Don't oversell" - "don't hype" kind of mentality at www.welltrado.io
Janejul (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:14:30 AM

That's sad!

Not a single under the radar ICO, with some decent awards and ratings under their belt?
Share your wisdom guys!
Janejul (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:34:18 AM

I guess we have to work on getting above the radar 😎
But we kind of believe in "Don't oversell" - "don't hype" kind of mentality at www.welltrado.io

Hahahaha. You wish.
Maybe you guys should get better advertisers, I really want this one to succeed!
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

It takes a tremendous amount of time to analyze every ICO that pop every day. You can spend a whole week reading all the whitepaper, check the website, investigate the team and you have 10 more that appear on the pipe.

You need sometime go with your gut's feeling.

Danna_R

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:16:07 PM

It takes a tremendous amount of time to analyze every ICO that pop every day. You can spend a whole week reading all the whitepaper, check the website, investigate the team and you have 10 more that appear on the pipe.

You need sometime go with your gut's feeling.

But isn't that the reason why we got into this mess to begin with? Too much gut feeling - too little checking of independent verifiable facts?

I am usually checking

1. Are they real? - LinkedIn, etc.
2. Independent verification - award-shows etc. Don't matter if they actually win anything. Just that they are outthere.
3. Business model - can it live outside of crypto (CRUCIAL!)
4. Are they "chaaanging the world" - then you are out. get out. I want ICOs that actually happen. Not elephants in space.
5. Does the token model insure that I will make money? Tongue

Any stuff I forgot?
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:39:54 PM

Hi guys,

So, seeing that the amount of new ICOs are going insane, I am often thinking about which tactics you use to find new prospects?

The new ICOs are spending sick amounts of money on marketing and influencers, and it is becoming hard to distinguish good from bad.

The only real promising under the radar project I have found this month is Welltrado. I base that on a 5.0 rating on ICObench, and a double gold win at d10e. Trustworthy sources in my book.

However I don't want to spend all my allocated money for April on that one project. So guys. Do you know any upcoming ICO projects with great ratings and real-world backing that could be worth a look? I don't give a shit about bitcoin talk  hype. Give me something real, not bought by coin drops and affiliate bullshit!

I use multiple metods, but none of them can give you a common sense. For example recently i saw a project claiming to " cold fusion new elemets" . if one cant understand that this is disgusting scam and gives them money than no tool or advice cant help these kind of investors.

Right now i do not know much good projects, only good ones seeminlgy just ended.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
crypto_lad

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:52:56 PM

I use multiple metods, but none of them can give you a common sense. For example recently i saw a project claiming to " cold fusion new elemets" . if one cant understand that this is disgusting scam and gives them money than no tool or advice cant help these kind of investors.

Right now i do not know much good projects, only good ones seeminlgy just ended.

I found stuff like that pretty abundant. I am also curious to why on earth the damn stuff get's funded anyway? Catering to geeks with technological wonders seems to the gateway to golden rivers of money Wink
Again, I found jack shit - this month, and there is so many. Maybe that Welltrado thing, but I am bit sceptic about the "calculator". I don't know. Whatever. Looking at the bloodbath in the markets, I am bit edgy right now.
Welltrado_Kim

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 06:13:06 AM

I found stuff like that pretty abundant. I am also curious to why on earth the damn stuff get's funded anyway? Catering to geeks with technological wonders seems to the gateway to golden rivers of money Wink
Again, I found jack shit - this month, and there is so many. Maybe that Welltrado thing, but I am bit sceptic about the "calculator". I don't know. Whatever. Looking at the bloodbath in the markets, I am bit edgy right now.

Hey, just popping in to say you can go our Telegram about your calculator question https://t.me/welltrado
sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:47:07 AM

Hi guys,

are you interested in the abyss ICO ??
I think this project is very good, they got 23 expert rating in icobench, while welltrado only got 5 expert rating.
indeed this can't be the main reference, but it can help the investor to choose the best ICO.
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:58:40 AM

I suggest you know about CARDSTACK, which is a project that has implemented the open source code. This project is really excellent.
I'm going to invest some of that money. Grin

petrovkirill808

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:04:52 AM

the most reliable projects should be present on the site of the icodrops. in my opinion these guys are professionals in their field. the availability of a project on their site is a success in 80% of cases
CryptoLifeP

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:43:13 AM

Hi guys,

According to analysis tokens of exchanges give good gains. For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.
Danna_R

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:10:10 AM

are you interested in the abyss ICO ??
I think this project is very good, they got 23 expert rating in icobench, while welltrado only got 5 expert rating.
indeed this can't be the main reference, but it can help the investor to choose the best ICO.

Okay looked at Icobench. Indeed many ratings. Lots of bad ones though. But hey I guess that the nature with many ratings.

However as someone said earlier... How does this compute in the real world? Is there a need for this? Who are the competition?

Looking at this factors, this Ico will probably fail.  Steam, Origin, Uplay are enough. They have the money, they have the network and are deeply involved in publishing side as well. Also I have a hard time to see what crypto gain.

Sometimes it feels like ICOs want to build a separate world for crypto to live in. Every goddamn successful platform apparently needs an crypto equivalent. No matter how hard the playing field is.

Danna_R

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:19:28 AM

the most reliable projects should be present on the site of the icodrops. in my opinion these guys are professionals in their field. the availability of a project on their site is a success in 80% of cases

I really love Icodrops. They are non-profit, and help sort through alot of shit ICOs. However looking at the "ended" ICO section, many of their choices ends up not funding.

That to me reflects the other side of the coin, what they tend to like. What is in their interest is not necessarily what is in the market interest. So the narrow focus can sometimes be a bit of an disadvantage? Or is it just me?
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:25:01 AM

come on, do not just look and make a decision from the rating site alone. there's a lot of analysis you have to do and if you miss it, I'm sure you'll get stuck.
Janejul (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:53:17 AM

come on, do not just look and make a decision from the rating site alone. there's a lot of analysis you have to do and if you miss it, I'm sure you'll get stuck.

Of course not.
www.welltrado.io was pretty easy for me, because I have been investing in P2P lending platforms while also investing in crypto. Even contacted one of the partners(due diligence) , where I have already invested.

My biggest concern is if they can convince crypto - which let's realize it, is often first time investors, to try something new. I think most of them think investing in a crypto-index is smarter.

chicken Campus

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:02:01 AM

from my point of view, it takes a very long time to analyze every ICO that pops up every day. You can spend a whole week reading all white books, checking websites and investigating teams.
intellicorepress

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 11:23:22 AM

I suggest keeping an eye open (e.g. googling for) certain industries + "blockchain" or "ico". Projects with a solid foundation in an industry that is originally unrelated to blockchain tend to contain less hot air. (For even better results, exclude the keywords "disrupting" from your searches...)

To distinguish the good from the ugly, what Danna_R said.

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: