Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: rig.cards - remote rig monitoring and notifications by email and Telegram  (Read 12088 times)
rig.cards (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:17:46 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2022, 11:35:22 AM by rig.cards

Hello everyone!

I've created a service for remote rig monitoring. First of all I made it for my own rigs but after time decide bring service to public because it's really useful   Cool

It called RIG cards and available here: https://rig.cards

Basic functions:

• Status of rigs with info for GPUs (temperatures, fan speeds, frequencies etc.) Data for each rig present on its own "card" (as I called it) where you can monitor params just looking to the website
  • Hashrate monitoring
  • Notifications to e-mail or Telegram messenger about different events like:
    - Rig don't respond / Rig online again
    - Temperatures of GPU out of range or back to range (limits can be set for each rig individually)
    - Lost GPU on rig
    - Rig was rebboted
  • Mobile-friendly version of the website, so you can easily check your rigs from smartphone
  • Rig rebooting on events like: overheating GPUs, low GPUs temperature, losing GPU on the rig
  • Remore rig reboot
  • Able to set personal temperature color ranges for rig

Soon:

• Hashrate monitoring Ready! notifications which corresponds to it (will be later)
  • Summary card with short status for all rigs, total hashrate, calculated profit, possible troubles
  • Actions like reboot on different events (for example, reboot when lost GPU) Done!
  • Other impovements (you can see more detailed tasklist below)

Here is some screenshots of service main page:

My main goal was to make easy in use service which main function is rigs monitoring and not so monstrous as some others.
I'll be happy to get any feedback, suggestions etc.

So, how it works?

First you need to register on the website and download client application that you then will launch on the rig system.
Client app is just Windows Powershell script (like advanced .bat-file), so it's opensource, you can check contents and be sure so there no any viruses or other bad things. It's a text file. Also here is Virustotal report. Besides it uses library from well-known Open Hardware Monitor to get info from GPU sensors.

View of client window:

Next you can add new rig from web-interface or during first launch of client app. Choose rig name, set number of GPUs, and temp. limits if wish.
BTW if you already added rig you can download preconfigured client for needed rig and just launch on system.

For launch the client app start the start_client.bat file (shortcut for this file you can then add to start on windows boot)

adding rig from web

adding rig from client app

Every two minutes client app sends rig data to server. If in 2 min period not received any data from rig, it will marked with "yellow" status (like warning). After next 2-3 minutes if still no rig activity - rig will marked as Offline "red" status and you'll get notification about it through choosen channels in settings.

Also each time when server got data from rig we check given parameters and if something wrong (for example lost GPU or overheating) we also send notification to you (of course if you enabled it).
Temperature limits you can set globally for all rigs (Account - Your Profile - Global settings) or for each rig individually by clicking coghwheel icon for rig you need.
Moreover depends on temp. levels values will be colored, so just taking a look you can check is there everything good with your rigs. You can set you own temperature ranges for each color.
Here is also nice trick with low t° limit: in most cases if something happens with miner on rig (unexpected close, can't connect to pool) GPUs stop working and their temperatures going down. So if find the appropriate value you'll receive notification of low temp and it will mean that GPU don't work normal!

How different statuses looks like:

Here is notifications examples (e-mail and Telegram):

For using client app you need to have .NET Framework 4.5 and Powershell 5 on your rig systems (Win 10 have them by default, on Win7 usually need to install).

Client has auto update function, but in next releases I add setting to disable auto update if you wish.

Hashrate monitoring

Details about hashrate monitoring you can find in post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3217706.msg50950818#msg50950818

List of supported miners:

• Claymore's Ethereum Miner
  • PhoenixMiner Ethereum
  • SRBMiner Cryptonight
  • EWBF Equihash Miner
  • Ethminer
  • T-Rex
  • TeamRedMiner
  • NBMiner
  • GMiner

Ask if you want to see miner that don't added yet  Wink

How much?
💲 Price is 1$/month per rig.
1 rig is always free.
https://rig.cards/pricing

Any new user gets $2 as welcome-bonus for  full features trial.
And of course it is don't touch your miners. It just collect info from hardware sensors to show you on web and send nortifications if any.

And here some info also.

Known issues and bugs:

• It's beta now so I don't except appearing bugs, I'll try to fix asap.
  • Notification about unexpected rig rebooting doesn't work (not implemented yet, thinking about better algorithm for it) done
  • Not working with P102-100 or P106-100 — it depends on mode of NVIDIA drivers, solution you can find below in FAQ
  • As I see, there no longer any issues here
    On first launch of start_client.bat on Windows 10 if you unpacked client.zip by Windows Explorer you'll get Windows SmartScreen warning about unknown app - it's normal, be sure you can launch it without fear (and again link for Virustotal report). There are no warnings if you will unpack zip with Total Commander for example or any other filemanager. As I understood, windows generate such warning every time if you first time start newest .bat which was downloaded from somewhere. And after some time if there no problems, app will be added to their database. You'll get SmartScreen warning only once, on the next launch of app you don't get warning.

To Do list:

• Hashrate monitoring Done! and notifications (will be later)
  • Notification for unexpected reboot event done
  • Rig uptime and date/time of launch (for each rig on its card) done
  • Sort & order of rigs' cards done
  • Sort & order for GPUs on rig
  • Summary card with short basic information about all rigs, total hashrate, existing problems and other
  • Adding features to Telegram bot (like getting info for rig at request)
  • Addition Languages (russian and others)
  • Actions (like reboot) on different events, possibility to launch bat-file on event
  • Tasks from server to rig (reboot, shutdown)
  • Logo and favicon for website
  • Dark/night theme (maybe even posibility to set your own background image)
  • Integration with sonoff-tasmota devices through Mosquito servers (MQTT)

FAQ

How I can use Telegram bot?
Telegram bot is here: https://t.me/rigcardsbot
To start using you just need to send your secret key to him. Key can be found at Account - Your profile - Profile - Secret key
At this time bot can only send notifications to you, but in future I wish to add some functions

Is it possible to send notification to few Telegram accounts at the same time?
First make group in Telegram with few people. Then if you open screen with bot info, at the menu you can choose Add to group. After adding to group send next service message to bot:
/secret your_secretkey_here
Now bot will send notifications to group!
Here more info.

How much I need to pay for using service?
From May 20, 2022 the price is 1$/month per rig.
1 rig is always free.
https://rig.cards/pricing
Any new user gets $2 as welcome-bonus for  full features trial.

It's totally free. But if service come popular I will need to charge for it (to pay for servers and other stuff). But even in this case it will very cheap, 1 USD per month per rig for example (I don't thought seriously about it yet)

GPU NVIDIA P102-100 or P106-100 not showing
It's depends on mode of NVIDIA drivers works. By default it work in TCC mode and because of it Open Hardware Monitor library that I use to get info from sensors can't get these parameters. Solution is simple - switch drivers to WDDM mode.

Attention! With some new version of drivers, the described method no longer works.
An alternative method of grabbing info for such cards has been introduced (in most cases, you will not be required to make any actionsl). Details here.

According to the official NVIDIA website:
To change the TCC mode, use the NVIDIA SMI utility. This is located by default at C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI. Use the following syntax to change the TCC mode:
Code:
nvidia-smi -g {GPU_ID} -dm {0|1}
Code:
0 = WDDM
1 = TCC

So you need go to the C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI directory and from command line run such command for every card pointed it "number" (GPU_ID)

Or (but I'm not sure  'cause I haven't such GPUs) to switch all GPUs on the rig to WDDM mode you can run
Code:
nvidia-smi -g -dm 0

Time on rig cards is wrong
By default time on new accounts in UTC timezone. You can set your timezone at Account - Your profile - Timezone

How often data refresh on the page with rig cards?
For now data refresh every 30 seconds (but remind, rigs send data every two minutes). If needed you can refresh it immediately with refresh icon on the navbar. After 20 minutes of idle you session will stopped.

How is coloring the GPU temperature values? Is it possible to change it?
This coloring is not relating with temperature limits that you set for rigs to get notifications. It just for visual usability. It is possible to set your own temperature ranges for each color.
Default temperature ranges is:
1-35 °C - blue
36-60 - green
61-70 - yellow
71-80 - orange
81 и вышe - red

How I can enable the log file?
Logging is disabled by default. If you need it you must turn on it manually.

To enable log, you need to put -Log 1 into start_client.bat batch file.
Or, it can also be activated by editing the config.json configuration file, adding the parameter "log": 1

Details you can find here.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:07:30 AM

Quoted

Here is some screenshots of service main page:

So, this thread is the only way to know all of the features of its services?
Checked on your website, it only showed login form and one only Nav Menu to register.

Good job, but may I'll try when next features added.

Soon:

• Hashrate monitoring (I'll plan to add Claymore, EWBF miners first) and notifications which corresponds to it
  • Summary card with short status for all rigs, total hashrate, calculated profit, possible troubles
  • Actions like reboot on different events (for example, reboot when lost GPU)
  • Other impovements (you can see more detailed tasklist below)

Good Luck  Wink
Sgsg666

Activity: 113

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:51:52 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 09:29:52 AM by Sgsg666

Can you add miners into the list as well?

Xmrig (https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig)
Xmrigcc(https://github.com/Bendr0id/xmrigCC)
Castxmr(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2256917.0)
Xmrstak(https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak)
Xrig(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3058014.0)
Srbminer(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167363.0)

Thanks a ton for this!

edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3264773.0
rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:29:20 AM

Geraldo
Thank you for quoting!

So, this thread is the only way to know all of the features of its services?
Checked on your website, it only showed login form and one only Nav Menu to register.

Of course I'll add some pages with description and instructions some later. At this time I focused first of all on functionality of the service.
Anyway all described above features are working

Good job, but may I'll try when next features added.

You can try now already  Wink It's very useful even with existing features at the moment.
Just need to download clientapp and start it on your rig (if you already registered of course).

And I really need feedbacks, so will be great if you can try it Smiley

rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:39:16 AM

First of all I need to implement support of most popular miners like Claymore or ewbf and check is it will worked fine (hope it will be on next 2 weeks).
Only after that I will consider adding other miners. But it depends on possibility of such miners provide data about their work (like Claymore can do through API).

And I remind that in more cases there are no need to monitor miner software exactly. Parameters of GPU usually can show is everything works fine or not. Anyway hashrate monitoring is musthave too and I'll work on it.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:09:30 PM

I use the most popular teamviewer software for this purpose.  Monitoring of all systems of my rigs I carry out through hardware monitor. There's more information. But I support the efforts of people like you to make other people's lives easier. Perhaps in the future you will need to pay attention to the problems of beginners with the settings of the equipment. Then you can make money on this software.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:42:20 PM

I use the most popular teamviewer software for this purpose.  Monitoring of all systems of my rigs I carry out through hardware monitor. There's more information. But I support the efforts of people like you to make other people's lives easier. Perhaps in the future you will need to pay attention to the problems of beginners with the settings of the equipment. Then you can make money on this software.

Teamviewer it's solution, yes, and I also used it. BTW which hardware monitor you use?

But such service as rig.cards is more comfortable even for me. Hope I'm not beginner already Smiley
Try to explain why it useful:

If you have a ten rigs for example, to check is everything fine with them you need to connect to each rig and check it. Or you need to have dedicated PC in same network with installed software that will collect data from rigs through lan.
In both cases you need to connect using teamviewer and check status from time to time.
And what if you rigs located at the different locations?

With my service you can open website from anywhere and watch status of you rigs on single webpage (even from smartphone when you walking on the street). Moreover you even don't must do it, 'cause if something happens wrong you'll receive notification about it.

Anyway it's interesting to hear how other people monitor their rigs.
rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:44:04 PM

So, any new feedbacks?

Maybe anyone can tell how you monitor your rigs? Which software you are using and other things?
It give me more understanding how to develop service.
rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:43:22 PM

UPDATE

• Now you can see time when rig was started and also its uptime
  • Notifications about rig reboot (even if rig didn't go offline)

Client app updated to v0.5
BTW it's autoupdated

Hope everything working fine, but if there appears any problem - just let me know!

And of course I'll be very appreciated for feedbacks
rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:02:00 AM

UPDATE

Added feature for sorting rigs.
On the navbar you can find an icon for it.

For now you can sort your rigs by:
  • Name
  • Adding time
  • User sorting

User sorting - you can simple drag and drop rigs' cards and set order you like. After each move of cards the new order will be saved for you account.

Which kinds of sorting should I add in addition to the existing?
Any feedback are appreciated!
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:25:11 PM

Good work...
I connect some of my rigs on Your monitoring software, and works well.
I hope to see some management functions like Claymore Monitor (pool switching etc...)
batat89

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:18:42 PM

Add dstm's Miner Wink
rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:40:33 PM

Good work...
I connect some of my rigs on Your monitoring software, and works well.
I hope to see some management functions like Claymore Monitor (pool switching etc...)

Thanks for feedback!
First of all I'll want to implement hashrate monitoring and after it will possible to think about miner management
rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:49:12 PM

Add dstm's Miner Wink

Of course, when I'll launch feature for hashrate monitoring dstm will be added as well.
unlocknetwork

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:47:01 PM

Is it possible to make a telegram bot notify without a website? is it possible to buy a telegram bot code from you?
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:33:35 PM

I use teamviewer to control my Riggs. I can monitor the work of my rigs on the pool. I'm more interested in the ability to remote control and change settings. I understood that your software is created only for monitoring. It's not enough for me. I may be wrong, but you have not convinced me of the need for your service.
rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:51:42 AM

Sorry for late reply, guys
so...

Is it possible to make a telegram bot notify without a website? is it possible to buy a telegram bot code from you?

Hm, what you mean "without website"? Any bot has own server side. It's a server between user and Telegram servers. Client app send to my server data where it check for some conditions and if need connects to Telegram server to send notifications.
Webinterface is needed to manage rigs (like add, delete or any other).
It's not possible to buy it. But why u ask it? Service is totally free for now!

I use teamviewer to control my Riggs. I can monitor the work of my rigs on the pool. I'm more interested in the ability to remote control and change settings. I understood that your software is created only for monitoring. It's not enough for me. I may be wrong, but you have not convinced me of the need for your service.

As I said some messages before:
Teamviewer it's solution, yes, and I also used it if I need to make some settings on rig, but not for monitoring.
And such service as rig.cards is more comfortable and useful
Try to explain why:

If you have a 10 rigs for example, to check is everything fine with them you need to connect to each rig and check it.
Or you need to have dedicated PC in same network with installed software that will collect data from rigs through lan.
In both cases you need to connect using teamviewer and check status from time to time.
And what if you rigs located at the different locations? Or you riding on subway for example and everything you have it's mobile phone?)

Monitoring on pool? Is it possible on pool to check is your GPU are not overheated for example? Or maybe some cooler fans stopped?
And even if your rig turned off by some reason pool will send message to your mailbox only it 20-40 mins.

With my service you can open website from anywhere and watch status of you rigs on single webpage (even from smartphone when you walking on the street). Moreover you even don't must do it, 'cause if something happens wrong you'll receive notification about it!

Finally it's not a necessary to persuade you  Roll Eyes You just need to try it and you'll understand yourselves how it is usable  Grin

rig.cards (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:10:11 AM

UPDATE

Client app updated to version 0.7

There no visual changes but added some inside functionality for the large service update in next few days.
vmozara

Activity: 190
Merit: 59

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:24:39 PM

Ok, every time I read your topic, I say ok i wll try but i never try. Today I finally set rig.cards on one of my rigs for test, and i am happy! Thanks! I will put this on all my rigs.
vmozara

Activity: 190
Merit: 59

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:31:52 PM

Suggestion: Put uncofigured download client link before logging in. Now i have to log in to rig.cards on each rig to download, which takes precious time Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: