Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I shut it down tonight boys.  (Read 5066 times)
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:19:36 AM

What's your hash rate?

Even at $0.2 kW/h the most expensive electrcity in the world I can still gain a tiny profit mining ETH.

As i said earlier, one can get now $0.4 earning per the very good GPU card (let's name it 1070) a day on ETH paying $0.1 for electricity. It's a huge  profit for one i suggest, you can purchase all ya want on it. Ya will have still THE PROFIT as much as $0.07 per the very good GPU card in a day if your electricity costs $0.2
Good for ya.
But if  ya owned a bit older GPU's - ya know - it's a total fresh losses instead of earnings from it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:21:07 AM

Even when mining will be no more profitable for me, i wouldnt shut it down. So maybe you make no profit for some weeks, but do you instant sell your coins to pay your bills? When im mining, im holding everything i mine and sell it when the price is high. So when mining is not profitable, i just continue to mine and hold the coins. But when its really to much minus, i can recommend you, to buy cryptocurrencies for the money you would pay for the electricity cost of your mining rig.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:28:41 AM

There is no connection in coin price rising and mining.

Coin price is one of the 2 PRIMARY factors in mining profitability.
Electric cost is the other one.

And GPU costs is the third Smiley But I was talking about different things.
Only current coin price is matter. Is mining profitable or not.
Some said about mining into  the long time box - it is a bullshit. If current prices low - it is better to buy coins instead of mining them.
If current prices are high - it's better to  mine.
It's just simple for me.

yes by logical wise point of view there is nothing wrong with it Smiley

Unless the miner is cash rich and can afford to substain paying off bills and investment cost and sell when the coins price goes up (more of investment)

For other miners whom need to get rid of coins to pay off bills etc, it might not be good for everyone

Yep, that's it.  And we are talking here about miners having another income.  Those who not are obliged to  sell all they mine now to  pay the bills and buy  some food for eating. They could not wait for their mined coins price increasing
dimpsk

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:35:54 AM

Even when mining will be no more profitable for me, i wouldnt shut it down. So maybe you make no profit for some weeks, but do you instant sell your coins to pay your bills? When im mining, im holding everything i mine and sell it when the price is high. So when mining is not profitable, i just continue to mine and hold the coins. But when its really to much minus, i can recommend you, to buy cryptocurrencies for the money you would pay for the electricity cost of your mining rig.

That's right, agree with this. Of course if your farm is fully automative and do not requires some time for tuning and support. Otherwise it's better to shut it down right now than still get such profits and waste such time.
Sharcade02

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:41:22 AM

By the look at the current price movement, I think you'll be waiting a more longer. Holding and waiting for the price to get back are for those who big investment, with the bloody market right now and we still don't know when it'll end, I think OP is making a good decision.
dimpsk

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:48:57 AM

By the look at the current price movement, I think you'll be waiting a more longer. Holding and waiting for the price to get back are for those who big investment, with the bloody market right now and we still don't know when it'll end, I think OP is making a good decision.

Agreed with. Money should be counted.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:52:11 AM

if you pay that much for power you are really better off just selling that GPU on eBay and just buy ETH directly.

After fees and taxes you won't net that much and are better off just buying ETH and holding.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:20:58 AM

OP already turn back on his Rigs, I guess he still survive despite of blood bath

I turned em back on but Im switching back to Monero. The difference in revenue is negligible but the power demands are less than half that of neoscrypt. 6950 is only using 50W, and R9 270X is only used 80-100. With Neoscrypt the 6950 would use over 100W and the R9 270X would use a staggering 180W.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:09:32 PM

OP already turn back on his Rigs, I guess he still survive despite of blood bath

I turned em back on but Im switching back to Monero. The difference in revenue is negligible but the power demands are less than half that of neoscrypt. 6950 is only using 50W, and R9 270X is only used 80-100. With Neoscrypt the 6950 would use over 100W and the R9 270X would use a staggering 180W.

Lol ... And the market is worse now than it was when he turned them off.   Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:20:25 PM

the blood bath is going down and down.

i don't see a bright future. rather the contrary.

Anyway, i've already sold 3 of my gpus, and got almost 35% profit over the money that i paid. Continue mining if you want. It's a total waste of time.

You want to mine and hold? that's right. But have you considered what will you do if the market does not recover in lets say a year now?? are you going to hold and pay big bills from your pocket getting no profit at all???

Sorry, that's not my shit. i would never accept that.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
gotminer

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:28:52 PM

You want to mine and hold? that's right. But have you considered what will you do if the market does not recover in lets say a year now?? are you going to hold and pay big bills from your pocket getting no profit at all???

If that's what it takes, sure.  I never expected anything in crypto to be a overnight, short-term thing.  I'm not only looking a year down the road.  I'm looking 10-15-20 years down the road as well.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:14:53 PM

Anyway, i've already sold 3 of my gpus, and got almost 35% profit over the money that i paid. Continue mining if you want. It's a total waste of time.

Good job for you. The first miner here that open his eyes and realized their are much better investments than mining and also value his time he can spend else for better profits.

I'm about to dump my gpus on people like gotminer that thinks mining is still the best investment ever.

I do pay 25 cents for electricity so at my rate mining is a total waste.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:37:54 PM

if you pay that much for power you are really better off just selling that GPU on eBay and just buy ETH directly.

After fees and taxes you won't net that much and are better off just buying ETH and holding.

Since the difficulty of ethereum increases and value reduces we see huge blow on mining GPU. If you want to wait and make the long term profit means always you can able to get the profit later.
For urgent selling it will work any people now.
If you think there is no profit after value raises means only you need to sell it out. Else keep mining the cheap coins with the potential.
gotminer

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:43:00 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 07:40:17 PM by gotminer

Good job for you. The first miner here that open his eyes and realized their are much better investments than mining and also value his time he can spend else for better profits.

I'm about to dump my gpus on people like gotminer that thinks mining is still the best investment ever.

I do pay 25 cents for electricity so at my rate mining is a total waste.

You won't be dumping them on me as I'm not currently purchasing gpu's.  Lol ... Never said it was the best investment ever, so don't start putting words in my month, you fucking degenerate.  Grin  My mining farm is a small portion of my crypto related investments.  P.S. My electricity is more than 3 times cheaper than yours ... LOL  Grin Grin Grin

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:25:44 PM

There is no connection in coin price rising and mining.

Coin price is one of the 2 PRIMARY factors in mining profitability.
Electric cost is the other one.

And GPU costs is the third Smiley But I was talking about different things.

Hardware cost has ZERO effect on profitability, the effect there is on "time to achieve 100% ROI of the money invested".

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:28:04 PM

What's your hash rate?

Even at $0.2 kW/h the most expensive electrcity in the world I can still gain a tiny profit mining ETH.

Keep in mind the OP mentioned that their rig had a HD 6950 (ancient Terrascale card) and a R9 270 (low end for mining at all but at least it's GCN).
I doubt they were mining ETH on those cards, don't think the R9 270 had a 4GB option and the ETH miners don't tend to work on pre-GCN cards at all.

20 cents/KWH isn't the most expensive electric in the USA, much less the world - but it's certainly a lot higher than the US average.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
dimpsk

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:05:23 PM

What's your hash rate?

Keep in mind the OP mentioned that their rig had a HD 6950 (ancient Terrascale card) and a R9 270 (low end for mining at all but at least it's GCN).
I doubt they were mining ETH on those cards, don't think the R9 270 had a 4GB option and the ETH miners don't tend to work on pre-GCN cards at all.

20 cents/KWH isn't the most expensive electric in the USA, much less the world - but it's certainly a lot higher than the US average.

I still dont catch what the point to have tiny profit and be proud of that. Thats a bit weird.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:54:32 PM

The point to a profit - even small - is that it's money you would not have HAD otherwise.

Also, the OP specifically stated "hobby miner".

dimpsk

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:43:41 AM

The point to a profit - even small - is that it's money you would not have HAD otherwise.

But you waste a lot of time for it.  Is not better and profitable to click some sites and buttons in the internet? Cheesy
realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:18:32 AM

But you waste a lot of time for it.  Is not better and profitable to click some sites and buttons in the internet? Cheesy

Why would it waste time? A miner is something you configure and leave alone. It mines while you are sleeping ffs.

Doing paid-to-click websites is less profitable because it demands your full attention the whole time. You could have instead spent that time learning a useful skill. Something is seriously off with the way you think. I highly suggest you take time to stop and meditate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆