Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I shut it down tonight boys.  (Read 5066 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:18:48 AM

The point to a profit - even small - is that it's money you would not have HAD otherwise.

Also, the OP specifically stated "hobby miner".

But you waste a lot of time for it.  Is not better and profitable to click some sites and buttons in the internet? Cheesy

Why would it waste time? A miner is something you configure and leave alone. It mines while you are sleeping ffs.

Doing paid-to-click websites is less profitable because it demands your full attention the whole time. You could have instead spent that time learning a useful skill. Something is seriously off with the way you think. I highly suggest you take time to stop and meditate.

It's not basically "set it and forget it".

If you are making like 5 cents a day per GPU, is it worth it?

Most likely the fan can wear out. How much is a replacement? $20-45?

You can also burn a Molex or SATA cable and start a fire? Fairly common with the amount of power going thru that PEG connector

The current market value now is higher than in the future. Every day that you keep it mining for 5 cents it might depreciate another 10 cents
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:26:02 AM

It's not basically "set it and forget it".

If you are making like 5 cents a day per GPU, is it worth it?

Most likely the fan can wear out. How much is a replacement? $20-45?

You can also burn a Molex or SATA cable and start a fire? Fairly common with the amount of power going thru that PEG connector

The current market value now is higher than in the future. Every day that you keep it mining for 5 cents it might depreciate another 10 cents

Exactly but i don't think your words will make trolls less mindless, trolls will always be mindless and they will likely mine at loss and say they are making million dollar per card hehe, they dont understand about cost at all cause most trolls just will steal their parents credit card and buy anything they need to keep their mining computers on for the sake of "hey, I'm a mindless troll" hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:46:26 PM

The point to a profit - even small - is that it's money you would not have HAD otherwise.

But you waste a lot of time for it.  Is not better and profitable to click some sites and buttons in the internet? Cheesy

Why would it waste time? A miner is something you configure and leave alone. It mines while you are sleeping ffs.

Doing paid-to-click websites is less profitable because it demands your full attention the whole time. You could have instead spent that time learning a useful skill. Something is seriously off with the way you think. I highly suggest you take time to stop and meditate.

Where did you get your crystal ball? 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:57:40 PM

If you had even one  rig  you did not say that. Even properly configurated rig with a good watch dog needs some attention. Also you may want to switch  mined coins to increase profitability,  search that coins from a bunch of shitcoins like some funny boys suggest here. It becames a big full time job Wink
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:05:07 PM

My rig has been running for 2 months straight with no problems (Win 10 and 5x R9 290). The only problems it has ever given to me have been because of my "awesome" overclocking. Also, mining still gives you some ez profit.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:07:15 PM

Even theres no need to check out a crystal ball  Grin We can already presume on mining difficulty and the basic commodity or factors that would really be needed on mining which do increase its price too which would really have a common result which is not really worth of to mine.If you do mine just for hobby then its your choice but you are really totally paying up the expense of electricity or maintenance rather than on making money out of it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:09:36 PM

Even theres no need to check out a crystal ball  Grin We can already presume on mining difficulty and the basic commodity or factors that would really be needed on mining which do increase its price too which would really have a common result which is not really worth of to mine.If you do mine just for hobby then its your choice but you are really totally paying up the expense of electricity or maintenance rather than on making money out of it.

Agreed, it should be pretty obviously for everyone.  If one had some brain.
gotminer

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:35:22 PM

Sorry, but I don't agree with you at all.  Every single month I calculate my net income (if I were to cash out mined coins for USD at that given point) and every month it's double (worst month) or triple what I paid in electricity.  At various points when I feel the time is right, I trade shit coins for btc, but I haven't traded btc for usd in several months.  And even when I did take some profit in USD back in December, it was very little.  You both can say whatever you like, but my numbers look just fine. 

I wouldn't get into mining as a hobby personally, but at this point, I would continue to mine as a hobby, if it ever came down to that.  Maintenance doesn't cost money unless your shit is breaking down all of the time and/or you don't know how to properly configure your rigs.  Research doesn't cost you anything other than time, and you'd better be constantly doing that whether you're mining or just buying coins.

Asic resistant proof of work projects are dependent on gpu mining to secure their networks.  You better go check yo-self  Grin Grin Grin 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:52:59 PM

Sorry, but I don't agree with you at all.  Every single month I calculate my net income (if I were to cash out mined coins for USD at that given point) and every month it's double (worst month) or triple what I paid in electricity.  At various points when I feel the time is right, I trade shit coins for btc, but I haven't traded btc for usd in several months.  And even when I did take some profit in USD back in December, it was very little.  You both can say whatever you like, but my numbers look just fine. 

I wouldn't get into mining as a hobby personally, but at this point, I would continue to mine as a hobby, if it ever came down to that.  Maintenance doesn't cost money unless your shit is breaking down all of the time and/or you don't know how to properly configure your rigs.  Research doesn't cost you anything other than time, and you'd better be constantly doing that whether you're mining or just buying coins.

Asic resistant proof of work projects are dependent on gpu mining to secure their networks.  You better go check yo-self  Grin Grin Grin 

This topic is not really that relative anymore since ETH basically doubled from its low when this topic was created.

If you are making double your electricity then yes it's worth keeping it running. But when ETH was below $400 and people were making 10 cents profit daily after electricity then you might as well turn it off and sell the rigs.

But since this is crypto a lot can change in a short time.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:08:44 PM

in both directions. Well I told you trolls to buy the coins, if you listened then you profited 2x minimum.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:23:19 AM

Notice silence from the op lol that fool never shut down just trolling u guys lol

if you kept mining and held you still made out like a bandit
gotminer

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:25:04 AM

My rig has been running for 2 months straight with no problems (Win 10 and 5x R9 290). The only problems it has ever given to me have been because of my "awesome" overclocking. Also, mining still gives you some ez profit.

Same here.  I have my Vega rig on Windows 10.  It has locked up a few times in the past several months.  All of my Nvidia rigs are on SMOS.  Zero problems there.  Awesome remote monitoring.  Console view from any internet connected computer or my phone.  Email alerts if anything goes down. All rigs are on switched pdu's, so I can cycle the power on any of the pdu outlets from my phone or any internet connected computer.  

I would have my Vega rig on SMOS if it was supported, but when Win10 works so well with XMR-STAK, I don't really care.  Hashrate monitor and auto restart of XMR-STAK, if the hashrate dips to a certain level.  

And these idiots talk about not being able to go on vacation, because they have to baby their rigs constantly.  They just don't get it.  Probably not high level tech people.  A bunch of fucking noobs that got their mom to buy them a new puter for Christmas and tried to engineer a make-shift mining rig out of it, is what I'm thinking.

realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:31:36 AM

If you had even one  rig  you did not say that. Even properly configurated rig with a good watch dog needs some attention. Also you may want to switch  mined coins to increase profitability,  search that coins from a bunch of shitcoins like some funny boys suggest here. It becames a big full time job Wink

Foolish boy. Did you really say mining is a "big full time job?" Do you carry your pickaxe and mine with it all day?

If you had even a clue of what you are doing then you will know that a well configured (not "configurated") rig will run for weeks without problem. Do you switch algos/coins daily? The answer is no. Only newbies who don't know what they're doing will follow whattomine's daily profitable coin. Go back to school dad you're drunk.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
gotminer

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:32:18 AM

This topic is not really that relative anymore since ETH basically doubled from its low when this topic was created.

If you are making double your electricity then yes it's worth keeping it running. But when ETH was below $400 and people were making 10 cents profit daily after electricity then you might as well turn it off and sell the rigs.

Well I don't mine eth.  But I did buy a shit load of eith at $400 last month.  If it ever dips below that, I'll buy more.  I'm not in the camp of mining vs buying ... I started mining back when gpu prices were reasonable and I also invest usd into buying coins when I see blood in the streets.  So my mining experience is much different than someone who is just now wanting to get into it.  That's why I'm such a dick to people who say mining isn't worth it.  For me, shutting down my rigs at a slight down turn in overall profitability is a stupid move, especially when my worst month was double what I spent in electricity.

GPU mining doesn't equal mining eth ... Not that simple, my friend.

ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:50:22 AM

My little hobby rig cannot find a coin to mine thats profitable. Even with $0.06kWh electricity Im losing money from this point on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

My electricity is far more expensive than yours and yet I continue mining and gaining profits. I think it entirely depends on the coin you mine and not the rig. Closing your rig I think is not the wisest move. Mine coins which you believe have better future and hold it in your wallet.

Bulitt (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:36:23 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 06:50:55 PM by Bulitt

Just so everyone knows I did re-start the rigs about 5 days after OP. After the Monero hardfork the difficulty shift lets my GPU miners be profitable again. As of this point, combined with a miniscule amount of day trading, Ive officially achieved ROI of the initial investment (a power supply) as well as paying for all the electricity used so far. I am now approaching the levels of value that I would have gotten if I just sold the used GPU on kijiji. Its only taken about 6 months and one dead GPU fan to achieve this. As of now Im basically at the "break even" point. Im actually considering buying a used i7 motherboard/cpu/ram to replace my gaming PC's system so that I can throw the 8 core FX processor at mining 24/7.

(Cryptonight V7)

AMD FX 8320 - 6 threads - 380H/sec - 110W

Profit per day $ 0.3159
Mined/day XMR 0.001866
Power cost/Day $ 0.1584

MSI Gaming X RX 580 8GB - Intensity 992 - 690H/sec - 160W

Profit per day $ 0.9383
Mined/day XMR 0.004597
Power cost/Day $ 0.2304

Asus R9 270X 2GB - Intensity 512 - 430H/sec - 140W

Profit per day $ 0.5267
Mined/day XMR 0.002865
Power cost/Day $ 0.2016

Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 1GB - Intensity 256 - 150H/sec - 120W

Profit per day $ 0.08127
Mined/day XMR 0.0009994
Power cost/Day $ 0.1728

Real world stats from the pool has me doing 0.01096173 XMR in the last 24hrs
antminerguruguy

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 08:49:37 PM

Shhhhh DONT TELL THEM THE SECRET  Grin

What secret!
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:00:24 PM

Just so everyone knows I did re-start the rigs about 5 days after OP. After the Monero hardfork the difficulty shift lets my GPU miners be profitable again. As of this point, combined with a miniscule amount of day trading, Ive officially achieved ROI of the initial investment (a power supply) as well as paying for all the electricity used so far. I am now approaching the levels of value that I would have gotten if I just sold the used GPU on kijiji. Its only taken about 6 months and one dead GPU fan to achieve this. As of now Im basically at the "break even" point. Im actually considering buying a used i7 motherboard/cpu/ram to replace my gaming PC's system so that I can throw the 8 core FX processor at mining 24/7.

(Cryptonight V7)

AMD FX 8320 - 6 threads - 380H/sec - 110W

Profit per day $ 0.3159
Mined/day XMR 0.001866
Power cost/Day $ 0.1584

MSI Gaming X RX 580 8GB - Intensity 992 - 690H/sec - 160W

Profit per day $ 0.9383
Mined/day XMR 0.004597
Power cost/Day $ 0.2304

Asus R9 270X 2GB - Intensity 512 - 430H/sec - 140W

Profit per day $ 0.5267
Mined/day XMR 0.002865
Power cost/Day $ 0.2016

Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 1GB - Intensity 256 - 150H/sec - 120W

Profit per day $ 0.08127
Mined/day XMR 0.0009994
Power cost/Day $ 0.1728

Real world stats from the pool has me doing 0.01096173 XMR in the last 24hrs

Surprised people still are mining with the Cayman series GPUs. I still got one of the Radeon 6990 which was a beast back in the BTC and LTC mining days.

You can actually mine EXP or MUSIC with it at 26Mhs. Only issue is instead of using 150Watts it uses 350Watts.
If I recall it's 40nm technology instead of the current 16nm hence not so bad.
swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1235

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:04:52 PM

My 1060 3gb cannot mine etherum anymore, but at least my amateur computer mining which consists of different 1060 3gb and different 1050 ti is making me 1450 sol/s second mining Zcash, I make about 0.0165 Zec daily and this is my best option so far.

I don't like to change the 1050 ti to mine Ethereum which they can and 1060 to mine Zec, I prefer all cards to mine the same coin although a bit less profitability.

No reason to shut down anything while using Nvidia cards, they are very power efficient, this amateur computer of mine with an electricity cost of 0.09 consumes only 36 dollars and makes 111 a month, so a total of 75 dollars for month. Yes it is very little amount but it is net profit.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:13:23 PM

If you have to shut down your miner 'cause you aren't making a profit, you are doing something wrong.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: