Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does FUD mean?  (Read 510 times)
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:41:35 PM

When you read and see FUD, is regarded as negative. Any news item that is not favourable is termed as FUD. If it is not a positive news or information as far the cryptocurrency is involved , it can be called FUD in general term. It is used for coins or FUD affecting cryptocurrency. For instance, when you read about the social media banning icos etc, that is a FUD... fear, uncertainty, doubt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klebsiella

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:35:49 PM

FUD means Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt commonly referred to describe fear based factors. Usually based on bad news which is not grounded in reality that spreads around social media that can cause the price of bitcoin to drop.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
nitrinto

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:45:00 PM

FEAR                     
UNCERTAINTY     
DOUBT                                                                                                 
many people create food, so that Nov values continue to decline.
onurgozupek

Activity: 1288
Merit: 592

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 09:00:10 PM

As everyone said FUD is the abbreviation of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubts. But in general FUD is the main point of crypto currencies. That's the way, whales make money. The release news to increase FUD and force people to sell at the dip. Then they sell the ones they bough while FUD period for higher prices...
eolitic

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:03:04 PM

As everyone said FUD is the abbreviation of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubts. But in general FUD is the main point of crypto currencies. That's the way, whales make money. The release news to increase FUD and force people to sell at the dip. Then they sell the ones they bough while FUD period for higher prices...

that's right, and honestly, i feel tired of big games the whales are playing with us Sad and mostly because lots of people follow this trick and we stuck with the red situation. i really hope it's going to end soon.
Jerrycryptofield

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:38:02 AM

FUD stands for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. The market of bitcoin is not good right now. The prices are quite low now there is fear, uncertainty and doubt in people’s mind.
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:59:03 AM

FUD is could be done intentionally by people to sway the market downwards or even by misprison a misinterpretation of the news if you will so for example let say you buy a coin amd start going down and you are waiting for it to go up you did your technical analysis whatever or you didn't you just bought on speculation or somebody told you buy this coin and starts going down instead of up and keeps going down what you will do is you'll start getting edgy you will feel fear now when news comes out and start saying things like doom and gloom like oh my God  bitcoin going down and this looks always money or this exchange go hacked that's basically spreading of FUD. People are causing Fear Uncertainty and Doubt
Cheenguboc143

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:02:05 PM

FUD means FEAR,UNCERTAINTY ,DOUBT
reboot24

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:05:35 PM

Fear, uncertainty and doubt

Fear, uncertainty and doubt (often shortened to FUD) is a disinformation strategy used in sales, marketing, public relations, talk radio, politics, religious organizations, and propaganda. FUD is generally a strategy to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information and a manifestation of the appeal to fear.

While the phrase dates to at least the early 20th century, the present common usage of disinformation related to software, hardware and technology industries generally appeared in the 1970s to describe disinformation in the computer hardware industry, and has since been used more broadly.
eolitic

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:11:20 PM

i agree with all the posts here, but i would also like to add that it's almost the same as in politics. It's mud-slinging or infowar. you can call differently, but the result is the same. and unfortunately, as in politics, ordinary people suffer from the whales' games.
"Don't let them fool ya" - Bob Marley
pxo.011

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:12:46 PM

fud means not true or hoax news, i donth know where do they find that word but someone tell me what is that means and other acronyms of bitcoin.
shibisu

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:54:24 PM

I do not really understand what FUD means? Who can explain? Tks
FUD is short for Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. Then when interpreted in everyday language is the spread of news that the truth is still doubtful and uncertain to give fear to the layman about the movement of crypto. The aim is to keep market prices falling sharply
durgeshjishri

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:05:42 PM

Simply it is

FEAR
UNCERTAINTY
DOUBT
Very correct,it exactly means this,and it is frequently used  term when the market is dripping.
Marlyn1

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:12:24 PM

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt are the factors that bring the price of bitcoin down. FUD usually makes someone sell his crypto even though it will make him lose some money.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:09:14 PM

FUD means Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.
It is the other word of 'bad news or issue' that affecting the bitcoin and cryptocurrency price on the market.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
marjon

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:31:41 PM

FUD is literally mean to Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt. It's starting to evolve when Bitcoin begun to claim it's popularity. Price manipulation, regulations and objections are some of the known FUDs leading Bitcoin price into unpleasant situation.
s.mahmood

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 02:34:49 PM

I m same as you.Before today I did not know what is FUD mean.But at now I understand what mean FUD.Thanks all.
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:50:44 PM

FUD stands for FEAR, UNCERTAINITY, DOUBT. Sometimes fud becomes the cause for declining the price of crypto currencies.The negetivity of social media or government towards cryptos are spreaded which is considered as FUD. It can be the real news which we won't be able to avoid or can be a negetive popular talk.
salinaangel

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:10:52 PM

FUD stands for FEAR, UNCERTAINITY and DOUBT. All these terms are closely related in crypto market. So, these three words are jointly called FUD.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:21:30 PM

FUD is a part of manipulation scheme of whales. FUD means, casting fear or bad news or fear of not selling.

When a group of whales wants to bring down the price of a certain coin, they cast FUD to make the coin owners drop the coin. So they can buy these coins on its very low price.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: