Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon auctioning their 55nm chips  (Read 8106 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:07:23 PM

We learned a lot from our experiences with Avalon Gen1 chips. now we make the whole process much more smoothly, include packaging, testing, shipping and overall operational methods. Also,  we have new employees recently.

Of course, do not need to worry about the chips sell. We are offering design support and chip discounts for a number of "moved on" customers. I think you will see the first batch of their mining machines soon. Also, we will not waste a cent on losers.

Beyond that, we also perpared private facilities and resources for maching production. But now, we are focus on chip production, open-sourced machine design, enterprise class mining center design and deployment solutions. If there are any unpredictable issues with our partner, we can offer them OEM machines immediately in the worst case. Due to lack of end-user service resources, we may try to avoid retail mining machines directly.

So now you are hiring new employees, but in the spring/summer you didn't want to employ 1-2 people for customer service.

You say that you don't want to waste a cent on losers. Maybe you should say that to burnin who lost 20k euros because of your fuck ups. You do have a lot of guts to say that and also a lot of disrespect towards your customers who raised your company to where it is now.

I'm glad that you are prepared with private facilities, but aren't you afraid of the mights shady people who threatened you and your family? It seemed like a big issue this summer, but not anymore. Very weird.

Also why are you posting this and not BitSyncom who was the spokesman for the last period. Does he have too many bad ratings?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:43:56 PM

The Klondike has been finalized and is hashing. So, if the chips are pin compatible and package compatible, it should just take some minor tweaking to make it go.

However, considering that Avalon delays almost killed the Klondike to begin with, I doubt anybody in their right mind would trust Avalon...unless some real financial incentive was on the table, i.e. some chip discounts.

my understanding is that:
1) the klondike used hard-to-find/expensive components
2) the avalon gen2 chips may be the same size, but have a different pinout that likely requires a slightly re-traced PCB.

I dont have PCB experience, but have quality fab options available if there is a good simple design

With all due respect, I think you are demanding quite a lot from an open source design that was essentially done for free, with no corporate/funding support.

I'm sure we can find plenty of stuff to criticize about just about every design out there, from BFL, to KnC, to ASICminer, and just about everything else. Nothing is 100% optimal.

I would love to see a Klondike 2.0. Mine are happily hashing away as we speak.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:57:50 PM

Decentration is one for the most important spirit of Bitcoin, so we still stick to chip selling

With all due respect, fuck you for using decentralization as a sales point for your Gen2 shit that doesn't even compare with Bitfury's products.

Bitcoin doesn't need your shit chips to help with decentralization.

"we stick to chip selling" ?! Fuck dude, you screwed that up so royally with Gen1 that you deserve nothing less than complete shunning and boycotting by this community for uttering that moronic statement.

Fire that criminal shit-bag Yifu, and maybe you'll have a snowballs chance in hell of starting to redeem yourself and the name Avalon that has become as reviled as Butterfly Labs here.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO BUY YOUR GEN 2 SHIT with BitFury and KNC demonstrating how to "do it right" and treat their clients well.

Please just go away and take your shitty Gen2 crap with you.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:11:21 AM

Decentration is one for the most important spirit of Bitcoin, so we still stick to chip selling

With all due respect, fuck you for using decentralization as a sales point for your Gen2 shit that doesn't even compare with Bitfury's products.

Bitcoin doesn't need your shit chips to help with decentralization.

"we stick to chip selling" ?! Fuck dude, you screwed that up so royally with Gen1 that you deserve nothing less than complete shunning and boycotting by this community for uttering that moronic statement.

Fire that criminal shit-bag Yifu, and maybe you'll have a snowballs chance in hell of starting to redeem yourself and the name Avalon that has become as reviled as Butterfly Labs here.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO BUY YOUR GEN 2 SHIT with BitFury and KNC demonstrating how to "do it right" and treat their clients well.

Please just go away and take your shitty Gen2 crap with you.

He used that decentralization shit on his Gen1 and worked very well. It seems that he ran out of ideas to promote his products. Maybe you should read here ngzhang: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg3514262#msg3514262 to see how big was your fuck up with the chips.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:44:32 AM

ngzhang, Honor the tradein and refund people for their loss because of your pre-mining with their equipment.

After that you have the right to call loser anyone you like. Practice in the mirror first.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:41:45 AM

Clean up your past messes before you start making new ones.

Many people believed you would honor the trade-in program, and sent in their FPGAs that they could have kept and mined with, believing they would receive Avalons early, and at a steep discount.

Instead most received nothing.  You STOLE their FPGA boards that they could have been mining with all this time had they not chosen to trust you.

Resolve your old mess before you go making new promises.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:49:00 AM

Clean up your past messes before you start making new ones.

Many people believed you would honor the trade-in program, and sent in their FPGAs that they could have kept and mined with, believing they would receive Avalons early, and at a steep discount.

Instead most received nothing.  You STOLE their FPGA boards that they could have been mining with all this time had they not chosen to trust you.

Resolve your old mess before you go making new promises.

ngzhang fucked this community but now he asked everyone to "move on". If anyone persist that they should clean up the messes, he call them "losers". let's give ngzhang a negative feedback to warn future Bitcoiners:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=38132

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 10:46:20 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 11:11:39 AM by Wesly

Thank you for all encouragement and inspiration above, there is no doubt Avalon project will not grow up without your criticisms.

Decentration is one for the most important spirit of Bitcoin, so we still stick to chip selling, rather than maching making or self-mining, this is our belief but needs the joint efforts of the whole community.

"criticisms" = "encouragement and inspiration"?  What are you?  LeBron James?  You guys are so out of touch with the Bitcoin community it is not even funny.  What's with all these double/passive-aggressive talk?  How can you expect to regain people's trust when you called your previous paid customers that you screwed over losers?  If nothing else, you guys are the one who is responsible for creating these money/bitcoin 'losers'.

You must be hurting for business to have to come crawling back here asking for more money?  And auctioning your chips off with ZERO bid.  Because of your major screw-ups you are now forced to prepaid for overprice, under-performing silicons that you can't sell and trying to keep alive developing the next gen before you run out of money.

Don't give us the BS about "decentralization" (can't even spell it right, let alone know the meaning) and "spirit of Bitcoin", and therefore you are not self-mining.  The reason you are not self-mining is because it is unprofitable by the time you can mass-producing your miner with your inferior chips for a reasonable cost, the constant 40%+ difficulty (soon to be 80% as KnC release their B2 and again in December when HF release B1/B2) increase every 10 days is killing any chance for ROI even with free electricity and you know it...   Besides, even when time is good, it is hard to scale as can attested by ASICMiner.  They learnt real quick it is much more profitable and less headache to pass on the hot potatoes (miners) to the next suckers/'losers'.  If a large and resourceful company with all these profits from previous batches can't built miner (at cost without any markup) profitable, how can you expect an individual to pay for miner with huge markups from you, board builders, assembler using your underperforming chips?  If you don't know that then you are an even bigger fool than you are or think we all are.  But I bet you are smart enough to know that don't you?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:25:41 PM

Time to BOYCOTT Avalon.

Time to BOYCOTT BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
shep80

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:38:23 PM

Putting issues of the past aside for a brief moment....

Why would anyone buy these chips when options like bitfury are available and much more efficient?

I would very much like an answer from Avalon team on how their chips are better than bitfury. Please answer this for me.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:14:02 PM

Putting issues of the past aside for a brief moment....

Why would anyone buy these chips when options like bitfury are available and much more efficient?

I would very much like an answer from Avalon team on how their chips are better than bitfury. Please answer this for me.

cheaper? bitfury chips are $15-25 right now for 1.7-2.5GH speeds. Avalon chips are around $6-8 for 1.1-1.7GH speeds

so in terms of GH/$ avalon would be about 20-40% better option. however there is higher cost for power use, pcb area, and add't components

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:36:27 PM

ngzhang, Honor the tradein and refund people for their loss because of your pre-mining with their equipment.

After that you have the right to call loser anyone you like. Practice in the mirror first.

+1

I will not buy another Avalon product until they make it right by us. We have lost almost 350 BTC so far with our Avalon Batch 3 purchase. Avalon doesn't seem to give a fuck and keeps on trucking like nothing happened. Avalon built their next generation of products on the wallets of everyday users and miners of the community. They mined for months (or sold it out the back door).... that was hardware THAT WE PAID FOR! This whole situation is such bullshit, I hope someone sues the shit out of Avalon.

I wouldn't mind being a co-plaintiff if anyone wants to PM me about something like that. I am ready to try to form some type of legal action against Avalon. Class action lawsuit perhaps? I kept thinking maybe they'll make it up to us, but at this point it looks like its not going to happen.
isnowblind

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:47:16 PM

Hi,
I am still waiting for my funds to be returned by Tradehill / Jered Kenna from the first time Tradehill closed its business. About 6 months ago I sent an email to Tradehill, Jered responded, confirmed my account balance and requested a BTC address so he could send the funds. He said he would send out the funds but never did. I have sent multiple gentle 'reminder' emails to both his address and the info address but have never received a response.
Has anyone heard from him or received funds recently?

Thanks

eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:40:41 PM

Why are these fuckers not scammer tagged? is that not happening anymore?

aneutronic

Activity: 175

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:54:46 PM

^THIS^
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:01:04 PM

Because as BFL they can't get a scammer tag if they are late on shipping, but i think there should be a scumbag tag special for them. And they refunded some money too.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 03:09:23 PM

They probably donate to forums... So no harm no foul.
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:42:16 PM

Negative rate them:

Added negative ratings to their profiles:

Bitsyncom:
Trust Page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=68196
Profile Page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=68196

ngzhang:
Trust Page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=38132
Profile Page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=38132

xiangfu:  
Trust Page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=46727  
Profile Page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=46727

leoragraves666

Activity: 227

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:44:00 PM

This is a bit harsh, don't you think? They never stated in their terms of service a 100% delivery date if I am correct. They are crooks for mining with equipment for months before delivering, but it is our fault for trusting them. Forum has nothing to do with that, it is just a platform for exchanging information.

PC & Mac repairs
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:46:24 PM

This is a bit harsh, don't you think? They never stated in their terms of service a 100% delivery date if I am correct. They are crooks for mining with equipment for months before delivering, but it is our fault for trusting them. Forum has nothing to do with that, it is just a platform for exchanging information.

They stated a delivery timeline for chips.  That's a 100% delivery date within a certain timeline.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: