Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:19:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee said about Ethereum  (Read 526 times)
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 08:20:03 PM

Lately, there are so many who make the speculation that Ethereum will beat the bitcoin price. Including John McAfee also said so and stated the possibility could happen. The smart contracts implemented by Ethereum have allowed companies to collaborate with Ethereum and join to build crypto into a faster payment system than any other system. What factors do you think might allow such speculation to occur?

Source : https://cryptovest.com/news/ethereum-is-central-reminds-john-mcafee/
To my mind John MacAfee's opinion worth nothing in crypto, I mean fundamentally, everyone remember his 'coin of the week' and it was clear for me that this man just speculate of his own holding, choosing 'dogecoin' as a week coin lol.

Game of Links

cyber~license©

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StickySteeez

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:20:48 PM

This is a madman. I would not listen to anything he says and I would just focus on sensible projects yourself. Do you own research and be comfortable in holding for a while.

Create Your Decentralized Life │ ESSENTIA │ One seed. Limitless opportunities (https://essentia.one)
mariangpalad

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:26:49 PM

Imagine if you are mcafee and you invested 100 million dollars in ethereum and you see your investments has fall to almost a half what would you do? ofcourse you are going to save the coin by giving statement like this,he is now in desperate moves because i bet he has tons of ethereum in his portfolio which makes him to hype the coin in the times like this.

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:30:07 PM

Lately, there are so many who make the speculation that Ethereum will beat the bitcoin price. Including John McAfee also said so and stated the possibility could happen. The smart contracts implemented by Ethereum have allowed companies to collaborate with Ethereum and join to build crypto into a faster payment system than any other system. What factors do you think might allow such speculation to occur?

He should have also mentioned that the smart-contracts offered by Ethereum pale in comparison to those offered by next-gen blockchains such as NEO and EOS. To create a smart-contract with Ethereum you need to use solidity, a clunky language that is difficult to use, and has almost no learning resources online. In order for ETH to really expand it needs to open its smart-contract functionality to the world, not just to the select few who want to learn solidity.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Valentina N

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

https://www.swanfinance.io/

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:54:40 PM

Hello! I don't know what think about it this all world and what think John but I have said it since I make a registrations here but I can repeat it here I din't agree with such funny price for ETH because I really had make an analyze and when projects based  on blockchain ETH  will be realized then ETH will hit 5000 and more + plasma protocols and etc. Good luck to all of us Wink Smiley!

Earn 20% interest in staked crypto with #SwanFinance 🦢
bosses

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:58:54 PM

I think that the Ethereum may well overtake Bitcoin on capitalization and go to first place but it will not be soon

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
OrcaTech

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:59:55 PM

It seems to me that John McAfee simply uses his influence in crypto world. After all, just look at one of his tweet and the situation on the market changes instantly. Therefore, he can say anything and his followers will spread this information around the world.
goyald2801

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:06:11 PM

i think btc and eth are not competitors .

in any case btc will be above eth ,

yes eth have competition from other alts , so in alts we can say eth is one of best option .
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:13:11 PM

i think btc and eth are not competitors .

in any case btc will be above eth ,

yes eth have competition from other alts , so in alts we can say eth is one of best option .

Depends on who you ask, but I think there's enough evidence that last year's Bitcoin craze was driven by Ethereum: suddenly it wasn't just about a digital peer to peer currency, but digital peer to peer businesses! And now the hype has died off... we just need to invent the next hype.

Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:32:10 PM

This speculation may arise due to accident factors, which incessantly attack bitcoin, among others:

1. Higher transaction fees that lasted long enough and only completed one month yesterday.
2. Disconnection of china support from bitcoin because they are more supportive of his own son 'Neo'.
3. Trustee doing bitcoin disposal at Mt.Gox.
4. Large whales often manipulate bitcoin prices.
5. The occurrence of a series of small sales with a very large number of transactions resulting from panic.
6. Still the circulation of small FUD which attacks new users in various social sites and probably still many other problems...

Megababa

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:40:26 PM

I sincerely look forward to a day when altcoins worth won't be tied to bitcoin's own.
If ethereum can surpass btc then it is definitely gon b a new dawn in the cryptoverse
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:43:08 PM

a lot of people predict eth will beat bitcoin price,, because of smart contracts or others reason
i know and i believe ethereum is big and i can said this is a giant project in this crypto industry,
but, personally i think eth will never beat the bitcoin price

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Ulanisohon

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:53:19 PM

I don't think that ETH will beat Bitcoin in the price. At least in the foreseeable future. At the same time, I consider the ether to be much more promising and I feel a tendency to the fact that the prices of these crypto-currencies are moving towards rapprochement.
In fact, it is very important that bitcoin somewhat lost its credibility against the background of other currencies and allowed younger, progressive, functional and applicable technologies to enter the market.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:04:52 PM

I agree on this and it was predicted last year that Ethereum will beat bitcoin on marketcap but on price i think it will get 5,000usd by this year and probably we could see all ERC-20 tokens will reach their designated price.

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:49:14 PM

I believe that John McAfee has gradually lost credibility in the market, due to the continuous accusations that have emerged against him as a person trying to move the market according to his convenience or dark agreements that presumably have generated huge profits for him.

I do not have any doubt that ethereum has enough strength to impose itself on bitcoin in terms of marketcap, but I find it technically difficult for it to displace it in terms of unit price, unless the bitcoin's fall continues in a way so drastic that it becomes cheaper than ethereum.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:51:59 PM

It seems john is trying to shill ethereum, maybe he has a large holding of it?
i don't think ethereum will surpass bitcoin, it's possible but there are a lot of coins/alts out there that is way better than ethereum.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:54:08 PM

To my mind John MacAfee's opinion worth nothing in crypto, I mean fundamentally, everyone remember his 'coin of the week' and it was clear for me that this man just speculate of his own holding, choosing 'dogecoin' as a week coin lol.
For some reasons there are some things that can be considered as important thing just like how bitcoin will compete with VISA if VISA has 196 TPS? John mcafee has tried to give his opinion from the scalability perspective. And how the scalability looks become an important thing to the future adoption. But sometimes john mcafee just like a shill.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ifirina

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:56:08 PM

LOL. Someone still trust him? He is not an expert for me. I think he will say anything for a few bitcoins.
Rodimill8

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:36:36 PM

I think that Ether can beat the cost of bitcoin only in cases of: switching to pos-mining, solving the scalability and security problems of smart contracts, hard fork and burn of tokens It's like a fairy tale.Therefore, unlikely, he will be able to beat bitcoin in price.
mysterecryptoooo

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:42:26 PM

It s always a possibility but if it would happen, i dont think it s gonna be soon. I really like ETH because i like Altcoins and all of them are based on ETH network. However, BTC is not gonna let that happen easily, plus i've heard that they are about to launch the lightening network which is gonna be huge

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-Bitcoin-lightning-network-and-its-benefits

▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮WORLDOPOLY▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬
First Augmented  reality game based on blockchain
JOIN OUR   ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: