Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you choose between wallet or exchange ?  (Read 957 times)
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:26:42 PM

I prefer long-term investments and I am keeping my coins in wallet. Exchange is for trading only. I don't thing that exchanges are safe enough to keep my investments there long time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
parkraol

Activity: 658
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:55:07 PM

I wouldn't stay away from just one app. Better use of wallet and exchanger 2 in 1. I'm currently using the mobile wallet of ethereum, erc20 and erc223 tokens. Its exchanger will come soon, built with a hybrid security exchanger. It's easy for me to get into this app because it's all right there, I can trade or hold easily. I'll just try it's exchanger and hopefully it's very advantageous to use. Using this type of wallet plus exchanger can easily keep up with the volatility of the coins when suddenly fallen off can immediately buy and holds. When making a decision to sell hassle free because it's already there.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:14:24 PM

I choose the wallet, because when you use wallet, you can sleep in peace and convenience
Also, when you keep your tokens in wallet, you could get tips from newly introduced coins as btc or eth hodler
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 10:23:38 PM

I'm using both : wallet for hodling and exchange for trading . I think sometimes we need to trade , because it can safe our funds from massive losses , or even give a profit . Hodling can give good profit too , but it require to much time to wait . Combining both methods is a much better as for me .
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:35:16 PM

what do you use wallet or exchange for?  Do you want to trade or hold ?
If you hold on a mid term or trade, you should use exchange. And hold your coin for security, you should use hardware wallet.
i rather choose both between exchanges and wallets because both are my storages,i make sure that i had an funds in my exchange so whenever i wanna trade i have a ready..and on my wallets so whenever i need to withdraw my convertion is ready..this is how i balance my whole funds for easy way of using.

I'm using both : wallet for hodling and exchange for trading . I think sometimes we need to trade , because it can safe our funds from massive losses , or even give a profit . Hodling can give good profit too , but it require to much time to wait . Combining both methods is a much better as for me .
We have the same principle in this cryptocurrency mate,we both uses this for our daily venture so what ever may happen were always ready,and were save on hacking because our funds spreads to many storages if ever we become victim atleast lessen than single
coinsfuture

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:56:59 PM

Actually, I hold the money to make them safe. I am scared of hackers, so I do not like to use exchanges. So, they are good for trading, yet a wallet is much safer.
Winterizing

Activity: 312

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 06:10:43 PM

Mostly of my tokens are stored in my wallet for holding because I think the market is still you and has plenty more room for growth thus, I'll just hold it. I often withdraw only what I need from my wallet if I need it.

Jennarro

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:13:53 PM

I further recommend sharing it 50:50 because both are not 100% safe if you want the most secure, is to store it in a hardware wallet like Trezor or Nano Ledger, then, your job is to keep the wallet out of reach of children or maybe your friends do not need to know
Paigeorg

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:20:22 PM

In the beginning I used exchanges but now I transfered to a personal wallet. Occasionally i use exchanges to purchase cryptos but then I transfer it to my wallet. If anything occures, I can transfer it to any of the exchanges cheaply and in a fast manner while if I hold all of my crypto on one exchange and there is high volume I have to wait for hours until the servers become operational again
riaruhs09

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:21:21 PM

at the time of holding the coin I prefer to keep my assets in my personal wallet because then I feel more calm. because in exchange there is often a problem and loss.

Daniel Brian

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:21:48 PM

I just want to use wallets because it is safer. its to much risky, If you search about it,You would found a lot of scam news.
babay_ko

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:23:00 PM

If i want to keep coins for a long time my choice will be on  hardware wallet,but if i want to trade day to day it will be exchange wallet of course.

Chris Hauer

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:23:13 PM

Personally i prefer exchange because i hold my coins for a short-term and trade it in right moment its price goes up a lot.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:29:57 PM

The best solution nowadays is to hold your coins because the market is down since it is just the beginning. I am sure the market will go up. So, hold and use a secured wallet

The best is yet to come!
xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:31:39 PM

To a large extent the main part I try to keep on an external wallets . but the money that I use to trade appropriately kept on the exchange
Enoch Lewis

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:37:33 PM

If you hold on a mid term or trade, you should use exchange. And hold your coin for security, you should use hardware wallet.
Yes, i think so, for a long term investment i dont sell my coins so i hold my coins in Exodus and Coinbase. If i buy more coins, they will continue storing in my wallet.
norman472

Activity: 284

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:09:09 PM

I choose wallet who using private key  it keep safe for saving , I will send to exchange when I want to sale it .

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!
DonaldTramponald

Activity: 301

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:00:18 AM

When I keep coins for long, I use separate wallets for each coin.  If I have a small number of coins, I keep them on stock exchanges.  But if you keep your coins on the exchange, then use not one, but several exchanges.  Choose top-end exchanges.

fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:15:56 AM

exchange wallet is not secure. you won't know what will the exchange do with your balance.
i suggest you if you are not trading and want to hold, just transfer back to your personal wallet.

magnum357

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:56:54 AM

I think i choose wallet for now wallet is good where ever your are you can used your money or buying items using your wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: