Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:04:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you choose between wallet or exchange ?  (Read 960 times)
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:05:23 AM

I would choose wallet over exchange when it comes to safety of my fund. I will even go a step further ti keep my fund cold. The option available to cryptocurrency user and investor is amazing. The tech made it possible tovbe in charge of your money!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:07:16 AM

Generally speaking, if the amount is big, then I choose local wallet.
Because if the exchange happens to steal an event, then this is a very troublesome matter.

BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:08:21 AM

I choose to use the wallet, because you always have an added advantage when you use a wallet unlike an exchange where you have to be careful of phishing links, password, 2fa, and so on.

The best is just a wallet, if you are fortunate to use an erc wallet, then you could even get more erc 20 tokens, hodlers airdrop won't meet you in a jiffy either.
Always use a wallet for ETH,
Use Blockchain for BTC
veraro

Activity: 966

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:26:31 AM

I think the wallet should be used always. Every exchange can be hacked or same unexpected things can happen and you lost your money. Of course if you make trading you have to keep tokens on exchanges, but you should withdraw your profit.

ooxtcoo

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:34:01 PM

They cannot be compared because they have different purposes. Exchanges are more profitable to trade, wallets to hold.      
QuinlanDeclan

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

what do you use wallet or exchange for?  Do you want to trade or hold ?
If you hold on a mid term or trade, you should use exchange. And hold your coin for security, you should use hardware wallet.
Wallet use the secure coins and it is easy to use when I buy the coin then I uses the exchange.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:47:46 AM

I will buy some BTC in my wallet and hold it for a long time!

Other digital cryptocurrencies will be traded on the Binance exchange because the encrypted currency will make a profit in the short term.

HPQ.IO

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:54:31 AM

It depends on the amount... For huge amounts wallet (better hardware) is the only choice.
For small amounts just for regular trading exchange will do. But when stop trading for some time it is better to transfer to wallet as exchanges may have problems as we can see...
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:58:15 AM

If you hold on a mid term or trade, you should use exchange. And hold your coin for security, you should use hardware wallet.
I agree with your opinion. The small amount of money should be on the trading floor, it will help us to trade faster.
Large amounts of money should be left in cold wallet. I think that would be the safest place to keep your money. We can prevent hackers using cold wallets. Although the price of a cold wallet is quite expensive it can help you keep a lot of money, even if the security is higher than the bank.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:02:28 AM

Of course your own wallet is much more safer than exchange, so if you want to hodl it is essential to put your funds in your own wallet.

Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:31:38 PM

They cannot be compared because they have different purposes. Exchanges are more profitable to trade, wallets to hold.      

This is good perception. Go in exchange when you need to trade in highest exchanges but for cold wallet for secure keep. Hodl is the best when planning for long term investment. This how it differs, but the main point are to make profit both the two.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 02:44:44 PM

There are a few good exchanges, but a lot of investors have been having problems with these exchanges. So you can't trust these exchanges. I would prefer wallet to hold my coins. In fact, I have been using MyEtherWallet for some time and holding coins without any problem.

emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 02:50:22 PM

There are a few good exchanges, but a lot of investors have been having problems with these exchanges. So you can't trust these exchanges. I would prefer wallet to hold my coins, I think it is safer than exchanges. In fact, I have been using MyEtherWallet for some time and holding coins without any problem.

hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:01:28 PM

I choose both, for long-term storage, I use Wallet, use less exchange! For safety reasons!
afterdark

Activity: 395

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:05:36 PM

All the coins and tokens that I keep for a long time are stored on the hardware wallet. Those coins that I use for current trade are stored on exchanges. It seems to me that this is quite safe and convenient.
RonaldDuncan

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:39:23 PM

I think these both are good but mostly people choose the wallet so i suggest you to invest in MYETHERWALLET.
realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:46:52 PM

Strange question. If you want to trade, hold on exchange, but remember about risks of breaking, and scamming. If you'r more as investor, then hold on wallets, because it's much safer, than exchange, but still can be hacked. So better hold on few different wallets.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:58:02 PM

I prefer keeping most of my funds in my wallet unless I'm trading at the current time. Only time I'll leave funds on exchanges is when I want to dodge payment for depositing funds on the exchange and paying again to withdraw my funds. But it's safer to keep your funds in wallets than being stingy and losing everything to hackers...lol
oyeade56

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:13:32 PM

As I do say, the choice  to choose depends on the type of coin you have and it's value in the market.
edison benzamin

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:15:51 PM

I often divide the property into two and store it in a cold wallet
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: