Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you choose between wallet or exchange ?  (Read 960 times)
pihipawal

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:10:04 PM

If it is ETH I think myetherwallet should be used. If you want to exchange I think it's a good idea to look for a quality trading platform such as bittrex, binance .... to keep bitcoin, eth or altcoin easy to trade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:09:59 PM

I would say diversify your investments on exchanges and wallets. I have seen many instances of exchanges getting hacked as well as wallets getting hacked. Therefore,  it's best to diversify the risk by keeping your coins at different platforms. Also, if you are frequent trader, then having some amount on exchanges is needed. But if you are a long term hodler, then go for paper or offline wallet. Online and desktop/mobile wallets are prone to hacking. It's better to go for big and reputed exchanges instead of online wallets when it comes to safe storage.
bekkioPEK

Activity: 356
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:20:07 PM

I personally do not like to keep coin on exchange, this is an unregulated market so no exchanges can give you guarantees or any refunds in case of hacker attacks. installing a wallet takes very little time and if you do not have an infected computer, you have a very good security. obviously some small amount for "dayly trading" is right to keep it in the exchange. the past is full of exchanges that have escaped with customers' money

kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:22:33 PM

both are good to choose as long as you are keeping your personal information and access key to it.
exchange wallets are good if you are doing trading almost daily or weekly, but if you are about to hold the coin for a long time you better use hard wallet.
or some wallet out of the exchange.
Franklin Pierce

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:22:10 AM

Maybe you need:
The TOP 5 BEST ALTCOIN wallets:
Cryptonator
Agama
Exodus
Jaxx
Coinomi
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:25:26 AM

I prefer long-term investments. I choose coins that are quite famous and sometimes I buy tokens during the ICO.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:33:26 AM

I don't think that there is any confusion, its obvious that whenever we have to trade then we use exchange else we keep holding our coins in wallets.

Gu_XiaoMing

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:09:20 AM

I think keep my coin in exchange is so serious, so i chosen wallet, hardware wallet, such as Ledger Nano S, maybe you know it is the best wallet for security and you must pay fee for using that wallet about $50-$80
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

what do you use wallet or exchange for? 
Wallet for keeping.
Exchange for selling.
Do you want to trade or hold ?
I want to do both.
If you hold on a mid term or trade, you should use exchange. And hold your coin for security, you should use hardware wallet.
Nice piece of advice. Most of the bitcoin that I've got, I just let it hold with my Ledger nano S (hardware wallet).

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:25:41 AM

use a hardware wallet for holding crypto. fine to keep smaller amounts on an exchange for trading but not for holding over an extended period
SkiOlya

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:30:43 PM

I expect full-fledged decentralized exchanges, with good volumes and high liquidity. Then you will not have to worry about the safety of funds on the stock exchange or purse, as it will be very convenient to trade from your own purse, which no one else has access to. I hope Alexander Ivanov will soon finish his DEX on the Waves.
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:46:37 PM

I choose wallet to keep my precious coin alive and i know it's 100% safe coz i'm hodling my private key. Well if you keep your coins in an exchange it's a 50:50 situation. If get's hack then all your money will lost forever. So do your analysis coz i gave my opinion already.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

what do you use wallet or exchange for?  Do you want to trade or hold ?
If you hold on a mid term or trade, you should use exchange. And hold your coin for security, you should use hardware wallet.

Wallet is always safer than exchanges. always choose wallet to hold. exchanges have many issues of safety, despite hacking, they can not guarantee their servers will always perform well. wallets are better, even for trading, unless, low amount to trade, avoiding fees.
roservelt99

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:39:57 AM

Giving some suggetion for you
The best exchanges for trading the majority of altcoins are EtherDelta, Binance, and Bittrex.
The best wallets for securing your coins are Ledger Nano S, Trezor, Coinbase.
guagua_ga

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

Using exchange or wallet depends on your aim. So i wanna suggest you: Coinomi is the absolute winner of altcoin wallets. Coinomi by far supports the most cryptocurrencies out of any wallet on this list. It has the shapeshift.io exchange built in and just works flawlessly. You get a clear overview of all your balances, and Coinomi combines this balance so you can see exactly how much your crypto is worth.
jackichan

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:00:23 PM

I recommend you about the wallet i love so much. It is Jaxx- a multiplatform multicurrency wallet. The private keys are stored on your device. It has a beautiful UI, is really sleek and easy to use, and has shapeshift built in. What's great about Jaxx is that it supports every major platform. Desktop clients available for Mac, Windows and Linux. Mobile clients available for iOS and android, and hardware wallet support coming soon.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:32:08 PM

I would say diversify your investments on exchanges and wallets. I have seen many instances of exchanges getting hacked as well as wallets getting hacked. Therefore,  it's best to diversify the risk by keeping your coins at different platforms. Also, if you are frequent trader, then having some amount on exchanges is needed. But if you are a long term hodler, then go for paper or offline wallet. Online and desktop/mobile wallets are prone to hacking. It's better to go for big and reputed exchanges instead of online wallets when it comes to safe storage.
That makes a lot of sense honestly. Anyone who has all their investments on exchanges really does not have anything because whatever happens to those exchanges will plainly affect all their holdings. The most secured way is having a decentralized wallet holding most of your assets except for those one may want to trade once in a while for the benefit one can derive from trading.

There is absolutely no way I can actually just put all the things that I have in one single place most especially when I do not have control over them. For the short or mid-term trade, it is always tempting to have some in the exchange so as to utilize the profit one can make from the fluctuations in the market. I have always believed in storing long term in cold storage since that is safer anyway.
blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:11:30 AM

I use both. I use wallet to keep my coins and token for long term and I use exchanges for trading.  I don't usually use an exchange to keep my holdings just to be safe.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:19:06 AM

what do you use wallet or exchange for?  Do you want to trade or hold ?

It depends to you.

Long Term HOLD  -  Best yo use the hardware wallets available in the market like ledger. Also good for acquiring split tokens during HARD FORKS. Most secured

Trading and Short Term HOLD - Better to leave it on exchange since you constantly change your crypto.  Remember that wallets provided by exchanges are considered HOT Wallet.

blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:37:49 AM

what do you use wallet or exchange for?  Do you want to trade or hold ?
I prefer to use the exchange to keep his Altcoin. If you follow Altcoin in thick portfolios or websites like coinbase, it's inconvenient when you need to transfer them to the exchange before you want to make a buy-sell so keeping them on the trade will make it easy for you to create a buy-sell.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: