Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:27:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you choose between wallet or exchange ?  (Read 960 times)
megaflux7

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:28:14 PM

You are right, it is always advisable to keep your  mid and long term hold coin in a wallet where you hold your private keys than an exchange that can be hacked anytime but for short term trading, you have no choice than put it on the exchange.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
001Blockchain

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:28:54 PM

I am keeping most of my coins in my wallet for staking and master nodes, then upon reaching the target price for a certain coin, I transfer it to an exchange to trade. Upon conversion to BTC, I keep it in my Ledger Nano S hardware wallet for safekeeping and long term profit taking.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:52:22 PM

Never keep your coins on the exchange for a long time. I recharged 2 ETH to the CM exchange in November last year, and the CM exchange disappeared a month later. Now I only turn the coins into the exchange when trading.
That's the risk if you keep an asset on the exchange. Very risky, especially if the exchange is hacked. So you better keep it in another wallet, especially wallet, either offline or online. Use wallet exchange if you need it for trading.

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:02:29 PM

You should keep your altcoins in your wallet if you are not trading them. It is a good opportunity to keep your funds safe. Exchange is less secure than wallet. They may get hacked or suspended by the government.

I agree with you, in exchange your funds will not be safe because of the security measures some of the exchanges doesn't have that full watch in your funds, unlike in your own wallet where you can store your funds and have a watch on that.
lucy5632

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:53:39 PM

Usually I store cryptocurrencies on the exchange, which is convenient, for quick transactions.of course, if are optimistic about the long-term, do not intend to sell, I will put the crypto currency in my local wallet.
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:28:05 AM

If you are very active in buying and selling products over the internet via Cryptocurrency then I will say keep your money in the exchange as it will be easy for you to do the work. I will suggest not to keep your whole amount into the exchange as there are more chances of fraud and many scams are active these days over it as Cryptocurrency market is growing day by day. If you want to hold a coin, keep it a wallet. If you believe in active trading then keeping some asset in the exchange is a better option for you.
girirohit957

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:30:25 AM

I prefer my hardware wallet to keep my coins , exchange are risky to keep too much funds , I tranfer funds from my hardware wallet to exchange whenever I want to trade , till then my coins are secure in my hardware wallet. 
koleskok

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:19:55 PM

Well so all the coins and tokens that  I keep for a long time are stored on the  hardware wallet... Those coins  that I use for  current trade are  stored on exchanges.
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:24:19 PM

I will like to manage my coins in my own wallet. I will know that i am holding my own destiny in my hands. I will manage the safety of the wallets with the best care i can muster and will not be a target of attack because the size of fund in the wallet like exchange which is attacked because of their holding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: