Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Token distribution using KYC verification  (Read 893 times)
sycaburatan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:17:05 PM

several bounty projects, are now beginning to implement KYC on the distribution of their tokens
when I send my identity card is this safe? could it be misused?
Your ID might be sold to someone else in the darkweb,that is why we shouldnt be sending any of our IDs  or if you still want to get your rewards send fake IDs of yours so your privacy or identity wont be put at risk.I dont really like to participate to any of these bounties because i could have lose my own privacy and my id can be used to anything illegal.

nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:28:32 PM

Of course it can be misued,or sold to other people without you knowing it,that is is why it isnt advisable to send your IDs with these unknown people because you will never know what will happen to your IDs,if these people sell it to the deepweb im sure you are going to be in a big trouble especially when your ID has been used into frauds and identity theft.

cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:35:27 PM

Yes it can be sold to the other people especially in the deepweb where most of the illegal things can be sold,your identity and privacy might be put to risk if you did send it to these ICOs that is why it isnt recommended to participate with these campaigns because you could lose everything you have when these people did something wrong with your IDs always think 10x for your to be sure if it is worth the risk.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
Wallytred

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:43:34 PM

The problem is not only in your ID's, but in a fact that You open your identity to unknown organisation. I believe there are many other ways to prevent bots and double accounts. KYC seems very strange procedure in case of crypto.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:50:15 PM

KYC requirements is ok for as long as they accept voter's ID too. I once joined on 1 program and got rejected because I don't have passport ID. Not all goes traveling. And if they need investors they shouldn't be that strict.
muncuss

Activity: 741
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:52:06 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 12:02:39 AM by muncuss

You don't know what will happen, best to avoid that type of bounty. Still many bounty available without kyc. some project safe not mean all is safe. well if it's worth the risk then up to you.
you talk about airdrop, right? btt bounty give you more than airdrop, and it's not required kyc. for me bounty with kyc is big no-no. we work for them then why they can't just pay us only because kyc
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:54:37 PM

KYC verification is for the safety of you and the project mate, they are using kyc so that they will know where you are from and about you because they are banning some country to their bounty or ico. But also depends on the project mate
anthinguy21

Activity: 280

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:57:40 PM

It is essential for KYC to invest in ICOs because if one buys too many Tokens of the project, it will lead to manipulation of the exchange rate. Therefore, KYC is mandatory, limited to a maximum of 10 ETH. For Bounty, I do not think it is necessary because the total Token issued to Bounty is always below 5%.

Janademir4

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:55:53 AM

several bounty projects, are now beginning to implement KYC on the distribution of their tokens
Yes that is a risk, there are some good icos around but taking into account that most of those projects are scams that are never going to become successful at all then I will probably avoid sending any kind of documentation to them this mean that you'll probably be unable to join many bounty projects out there but in my opinion your personal information is a lot more valuable than just a bunch of tokens.
then what if we have sent identities and after that just found out that the bounty project is a scam? whereas we have already sent our identity? how to identify the good or bad of each bounty project?

AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:09:22 AM

I think this all misguided issue for Bounties campaign. KYC means "Know your customer" not for bounty participant.
I also a little bit skeptical about KYC for bounty. KYC should be for INVESTOR. Because of the bounty participant, not an Investor.
Personally, I avoid several bounties which need KYC when claiming the rewards.

KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:12:53 AM

As long as the ICO project is legit or not a scam then it is safe for us to pass our required identification documents so therefore we must ensure that the ICO is not illegal because once we failed to verify the legitimacy of the project facilitators in which we have given them our identifications and personal details then the possibility that it might be use in illegal activities is huge.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
nhattori27

Activity: 387

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:17:18 AM

I don't feel confident about it, so I am not interested to participate in bounties that require KYC verification. It is not safe at all. There are many instances of misusing of personal information.
CageMabok

Activity: 1022
Merit: 836

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:07:29 AM

I think the KYC formulis can be used by certain parties to steal our data,I strongly agree with his existing KYC reduce double account,In addition I was afraid with there kyc this even in stolen our data

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Mr.Freeman

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:32:57 PM

Now the KYC even several projects have passed: KYCLegal, VeriMe. And all of them say that their data should not be given for free, but sold. And we simply become hostages of payments of rewards or earnings on investments.

OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:15:51 PM

And all of them say that their data should not be given for free, but sold.

A very strange expression, it looks like a trick from a darknet. Perhaps, you meant a fee for their services, not that they will sell our data  Grin It's illegal anyway, or I misunderstood you

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:03:11 PM

i think it won't be misused.
now i ask you, how about the investors who invest in the ICO that require KYC to participate ?
Many investors wouldn't want to invest their funds in ICO if their identity is going to misused by the ICO organizer.
barhavsky

Activity: 798

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:06:54 PM

at this time almost all ICO requires its investors to do KYC to be able to follow ICO even bounty participants are now required to do KYC to get the coins.
Although a little worried about our misused identity that can harm us but KYC becomes an obligation to get the coin.

rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:10:53 PM

I do not understand the need for a bounty hunter to send documentations for KYC. It is a ploy for the managers to deny paying bounty hunters. You can send and be hopeful that it will not be used for dubious  purpose. My brother pray.
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:03:30 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 08:06:10 PM by South Park

Yes that is a risk, there are some good icos around but taking into account that most of those projects are scams that are never going to become successful at all then I will probably avoid sending any kind of documentation to them this mean that you'll probably be unable to join many bounty projects out there but in my opinion your personal information is a lot more valuable than just a bunch of tokens.
then what if we have sent identities and after that just found out that the bounty project is a scam? whereas we have already sent our identity? how to identify the good or bad of each bounty project?
If you have already sent out your information and your documentation to the ico developers of a particular coin then there is nothing to do except hope that they are honest people that is precisely what we were trying to avoid by using cryptocurrencies, to try to avoid trusting in other people to manage our information and our money, I find it very high ironic that we are falling on the same pattern of banks and if that is the the case then there is no point for cryptocurrencies.
kris679

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:33:28 PM

I think that you can trust!
They do it to get rid of the feces and pay real people and not all the money in one pocket, I think they have enough earnings so you do not have to cheat with other people's documents!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: