Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:30:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I close an old account?  (Read 566 times)
jherrerob (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:28:26 AM

I had an old account on this forum forum and I wanted to change my username, I saw no way to do it so I created this new account (sorry if there was any other way to do it).

What I would like to do now is to close the old one, I don't want nor need to have two accounts, but I don't see how.

Any help would be appreciated.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:37:44 AM

You can't close it. Change the email to random and password and never come back to it is the only option.

very simple and positive reply no need of old account now cheers  Grin

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:41:34 AM

Delete all your posts and pm's first. Then change to random email and random very strong password. That way if your account got hacked it will never be used to scam.

Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:19:17 AM

Why you want to close an old account? Why not use that account instead of this....

MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:25:05 AM

Why you want to close an old account? Why not use that account instead of this....
he don't like old account username so create new one account  Wink

btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:43:47 AM

He could change the displayname, though. No one ever looks for the username.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
jherrerob (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:20:39 PM

He could change the displayname, though. No one ever looks for the username.

I didn't saw how either. It was a non editable field on my profile.

fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 03:06:10 PM

Your old account have how many posts ?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
jherrerob (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:55:19 PM

Your old account have how many posts ?

I don't remember exactly, not many. I have been more of a reader than a contributor.

Anyway, I've already followed the advice to change the email address and the password so we should leave it at that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: