Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:14:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would people want to adopt Bitcoin as a payment option?  (Read 2140 times)
thuat86

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:57:54 AM

We live in a world where we are bombarded with choices and the same goes for payment methods. We currently have a veriety of different payment methods, like : Credit Cards / Debit Cards / PayPal / Payment processors /  Charge cards / Prepaid cards / Phone and mobile payments / Money orders / Online Banking ePayments (OBeP) / Cheque and Crypto currencies.

looking at the wide selection of options on the table, would you be able to motivate people to adopt Bitcoin, over any of the other options?

What sets Bitcoin apart from these other options and how would you differentiate between these payment methods and Bitcoin? What makes Bitcoin better?

Let's discuss.  Wink

The existing payment methods are based on central actors and charge a high fee, especially regarding international transaction. Bitcoin, in reverse, is low fee, fast, no care of local or global payment. Of course, I mean using bitcoin for big amounts of payment like car, hotel, etc, don't pay for coffee or piazza.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ufalo3

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 04:05:21 PM

people would want to adopt bitcoin as a payment option because it has so much potentials to offer compared to the other means. it is faster and easier. Bitcoin is the future and those who accept and adopt its use make the right choice.

It is simply very convenient, especially for those people, who spend a lot of time online. It is very comfortable for them to make various financial operations, using the cryptocurrencies.
AiBBio

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:16:21 PM

The first thing is volatile nature. Moreover its independence and decentalized nature, asset of investments and more others advantages.
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:17:51 AM

The first thing is volatile nature. Moreover its independence and decentalized nature, asset of investments and more others advantages.

It's easy, fast, and seure for me. Sending and recieving money is as fast as you never thought and for me it's more secured without thinking that your account might be compromised.
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:13:30 PM

I want bitcoin can be payment option because its digital asset. Bitcoin already known in many country and i think if bitcoin can be payment option, we can travel to others country without worrying about money if we holding bitcoin

I will be also only glad if I can use Bitcoin as the currency. It will be very comfortable for me to buy the stuff online as I leave the house rarely and spend much time by computer.
loloos

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:42:21 AM

it has shown a more stable price in recent months than in history, but even this is quite volatile. Until Bitcoin or another more stable regulated cryptocurrency comes into existence - mass adoption for payment will be limited.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:51:34 AM

Are you serious here?

Imagine a payment method that changes every single minute, that will be really bothersome. If that is not bothersome for you, then imagine paying something that you bought online, the exact amount using Bitcoin. Then sudden changes takes place, if that will not affect you, the seller will and I don't think that will be a good trade for them. If people wants Bitcoin to be a payment method since it has the efficiency but the thing is that it is volatile, it is a better investment rather than a payment method so if they want it, they should find a way to make it stable.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 01:03:36 AM

Bitcoin offers unique services aside what the other digital forms of payment do. Bitcoin is decentralized and as such allows its users to have the absolute control over their transactions, thus, there is the elimination of third parties which sometimes slows payment. Due to the distributed ledger which stores every verified transaction, there is transparency in Bitcoin payment which can eliminate corruption which is seen with the old forms of payment.

DavidNiva

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:09:44 AM

What about time? if i do a bank wire , it will arrive in couple days, and not working sat and sunday. with bitcoin it takes 30 mins, and with LN will takes 5 seconds.
What about fees? if i do a bank wire from usa to china i will pay a lot. with bitcoin i will pay couple cents.
What about security? bitcoin are mine, usd/eur/punds not, absolutely not. you borrow them to bank.
the advantages of bitcoin with the existing currency are very many, very realized by business people, so that entrepreneurs will choose the easiest, cheapest, and safest way to make every payment transaction, bitcoin is always a very attractive choice, we must realize that the world of trade between countries is very requires bitcoin to make payments by replacing the current dollar role.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:26:58 AM

Many people want adopt bitcoin as payment option because bitcoin have change price every time, but if bitcoin could raised up to higher price many people could take profit, when bitcoin price have drop maybe they have think more again for adopt bitcoin as payment option.
I think users who adopt bitcoin for currencies are not too interested in the fluctuating changes in the price of bitcoin and allow you to profit. they actually like stable prices because it will provide safely for their transactions so they don't get lose, I think many people adopt bitcoin for currency because of anonymous factors
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:27:27 PM

People want Bitcoin as the payment option. Because using bitcoin is safe and simple. And some people consider Bitcoin to be the future of the digital currency. I think so. Because of which most people prefer Bitcoin as a payment.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Futureglory

Activity: 96
Merit: 2

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:36:08 PM

Many of us have use this system for long and have some quite experience before joining bitcoin and I can testify is very safe, easy and affordable and much efficient using bitcoin ahead of these ones as payment option.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:57:34 PM

We live in a world where we are bombarded with choices and the same goes for payment methods. We currently have a veriety of different payment methods, like : Credit Cards / Debit Cards / PayPal / Payment processors /  Charge cards / Prepaid cards / Phone and mobile payments / Money orders / Online Banking ePayments (OBeP) / Cheque and Crypto currencies.

looking at the wide selection of options on the table, would you be able to motivate people to adopt Bitcoin, over any of the other options?

What sets Bitcoin apart from these other options and how would you differentiate between these payment methods and Bitcoin? What makes Bitcoin better?

Let's discuss.  Wink

Of the various things you say only bitcoin is the most special payment option, it is also reliable in transactions, and that is the reason because only bitcoins can provide broad rights / full access to anyone who uses it, to control their money whenever they want.

emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 07:01:34 PM

The main advantage of bitcoin is its anonymity. You can send and receive payments from all over the world within minutes and you can remain anonymous. Nobody would know about you.

sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:42:47 PM

Let's discuss.  Wink
These are smart and trusted ways of payments but before one can use one of these methods, he or she must have filled a number of forms for creating or registering such a method. Again, which ever method of payment you are using, you may only make the order but will never be able to execute it on your own. I prefer bitcoin payments because I can sit at home and buy bitcoin into my wallet without gaveling to walk to someone’s office to create a  bitcoin wallet.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:56:13 PM

Let's discuss.  Wink
People want to adopt to bitcoin as a payment of transaction because we are live in a 21st century that the main thing about it is the technology that helps people to make there way of living much easier so that bitcoin is one of the tool that makes our way of living easier and much faster.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Sobocirevo

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 12:08:44 PM

For many reasons.. like there were no hidden charges, less hassle, you don't have to bring huge amount of money to avoid getting robbed by- for security reason...its decentralized also there were no other people to meddle on the their transaction.
In my opinion, the main reason is that it is cheap, easy, safe and faster than using a bank. In addition, peer to peer factors are another reason for using bitcoin, because there is no wish for anyone to know about transactions because it involves two parties.
Umaga. G

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 01:20:42 PM

The main reason why people should adopt to the use of bitcoin as an option for payment is that, it presents a fast peer to peer system where no third party is needed before the transactions are made. With bitcoin, there are less transaction fees involve and the transaction is fast and secure.
AltcoinTradingSignal.com
Copper Member

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 06:31:50 PM

There are many reasons why we need Bitcoin as a payment method. The first reason is its market share. Currently, it is sitting at 50%+ market share. This means easy access to most of the users.

Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 10:36:29 PM

People want to adopt bitcoin as a payment option because of transparency and reduced charges incurred when transacting using blockchain. However,the bitcoin transactions is very fast ,and people can purchase goods and service within a stipulated short time compared to when transacting using traditional financial system.
On the other hand,every transactions on blockchain is clearly written in blocks,and at the same time,every transactions on blockchain does not reverse,and this is one of the reasons people are comfortable using bitcoin as a payment system.
However,the decentralized nature of blockchain makes it possible to protect ones privacy to a reasonable extent ,and this is one of the reasons people likes using bitcoin as a payment option.So,bitcoin being a decentralized currency that that integrate the basic features people want,people are tired of depending on banks and big institutions for cross broader payments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: