Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:17:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The FBI Warns About Scams On Crypto Users  (Read 489 times)
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 01:51:55 PM

Wish they say how much money was stolen from plastic cards;) They warns not the right place) If they would warn about future ICO's I would even support them)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlzec

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:54:59 PM

SCAMs are everywhere not just in crypto .
even crypto scam is easy to guess for experienced investor .

however hacking is diff issue , still here hacker need to guess your key which is impossible so they can only go with phishing links or malware .

so just be alert nothing to worry apart from this .

I agree with you, my friend. Because this space is a new opportunity for fraudsters, they are making all kinds of fraud to get the money of inexperienced investors. China has sought to find a solution to the 'ICO' by completely banning it. The actual dissolution is neither prohibitive nor informative. An effective control mechanism must be established for the real solution.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:53:10 PM

'Fraud Technical Support' by the FBI Internet Crime Compaint Center (IC3) the agency released a public notice regarding the increase in fraudulent activity. By 2017, they receive 11,000 complaints with a total loss of $ 15 Million.

IC3 notes that criminals act as security, customers, or technical support representatives who offer to resolve the issue. And when contact is formed, they go to their plan.

From my own opinion Decentralization is associated with cryptos and because of this decentralization Bad people is using this to launch and fraudulent activities in the shed? until this time that some countries and governments are trying to show some ligth on the shed this fraudulent act is halted for a mean time but not totally rid off for me regulation is needed the most to prevent this fraud to happen just like doing ICO's and the identity of those developers and team is not revealed its a* red flag already dont just Invest think first before you do any transaction with money Involved  because money is hot. at the end of the day Youll be the one to lose because of your own recklessness.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:58:09 PM

'Fraud Technical Support' by the FBI Internet Crime Compaint Center (IC3) the agency released a public notice regarding the increase in fraudulent activity. By 2017, they receive 11,000 complaints with a total loss of $ 15 Million.

IC3 notes that criminals act as security, customers, or technical support representatives who offer to resolve the issue. And when contact is formed, they go to their plan.

This is nothing! Why they don't publish how many non-crypto complaints they got and what is the loss there. I'm sure that the numbers will be x100 the crypto losses!

They are making it to scare people who are still staying away from crypto. If you don't have common sense and you are greedy as f, you will be scammed anyway.
Exactly ! Media is just following the orders of those big whales who want to create a panic in the market. This why  the media keep coming up with these kind of news which creates a negative impact on the people. The bews might be true but then what is not so corrupted in this world. Hackers and criminals are spread all over the world. The crypto community is effected with the same crimes as in the real world. Why do media keep on blaming crypto for this whereas it's the people who does this and should be blamed for.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
torotot

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:50:14 PM

I think it cannot be for it is impossible to engage crypto the decentralized place by the government agency FBI. What is the point of decentralized if government full control this system. Full control for I think if FBI will enter this world then little by little the whole power of government will slowly manipulate this system. That is how I think what will happen in the future.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:27:57 PM

To prevent is better that to be scammed, so be vigilant in engaging in ICO. People that are choosing to participate in ICO should've already knew what lies ahead. You will not be scammed if you are in total knowledge with the ICO you are entering. This is nothing to worry about, if you people are scared to buy tokens in ICO then you should just wait for it to hit the exchange and bought it their, just simply as that.
News like that are like spreading FUD in the potential investors or to the growing crytpo community. Why not post something that are good in the eyes.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:20:23 PM

I don't think we should have a free system that will be devoured of fraudulent activities at this tage of cryptocurrency development. Bitcoin is currently doing well and many icos projects will try to emulate the success it has achieved and because of this scamers will like to take advantage of it to scam others that may like to invest in idea projects.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:37:07 AM

Nice move by fbi. Scammer must be lock up in jail. Hunt them, they also hurt the growth of crypto. They need to hunt developer who male a fake promises and fake project. They also must hunt the impersonate person in telegram. I think its easy for fbi to get them. Many ico is scam nowadays. Collected money then dissappear.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:35:18 AM

Exactly, FBI is doing good in order to protect the community from these scams, when compared to previous year, this year scams reduced a lot. So FBI should open a claiming report so that they will trace those companies.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:37:40 PM

I was shown screens of a Telegram channel today, showing the converstion going AFTER the ICO (won't call names here) directors were arrested. It's pathetic, people simply refuse to believe it calling news FUD etc.

heidikim

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:39:18 PM

'ICO' processes that collect resources for the development process of crypto money can be controlled and countermeasures against fraud can be taken. But to fully control and control the crypto money is against the logic of this business, and if this happens people may give up investing.
skinomanl

Activity: 196

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:23:07 AM

It would be better if they caught them or filtered them, but did not warn them. All the same, there will be deceived people, so this is not a way out of the situation, but warned means armed.

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
matrix50

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:28:52 AM

I hope that all scammers will go to jail.
stiucsib86

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:35:30 AM

Its a good sign. But ppl need to really do their own research to prevent getting scammed in the first place.
jeda2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

It's good news to be alerted. If fraudulent groups can be detected, it would be nice to punish them. Of course, if this is necessary for a legal arrangement, it must first be done.
Elseye

Activity: 378

ApolloX

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:17:12 AM

I assume that in more than 50% of occasions that a fault of people themself - they are basically too greedy and they believe in everything the read in the net.

Shamsher19

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:27:44 AM

The number of scam in the space has increased drastically and this is a concern, if one look at the number of ICOs that has ended a scam and the ways people are losing their tokens in their wallet and also several ICO websites that were hacked, I think that $15 million mentioned is very conservative
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:38:40 AM

FBI is also and always part of investigating a lot of ICOs which has a big fund on them, since many people are involving of money laundering, this is the first step they will do, perhaps they have received thousands of complains about ICO and money scamming on cryptos.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:48:17 AM

FBI is also and always part of investigating a lot of ICOs which has a big fund on them, since many people are involving of money laundering, this is the first step they will do, perhaps they have received thousands of complains about ICO and money scamming on cryptos.

Good for them. I do not know if they will eventually pursue all those scammers though, to me it might not be worth all their resources just to catch a few people. In the long run, better to just spend education and make people aware of how to practice good security over the internet. What makes me always surprised is how people have thousands of dollars and they just trust some guy who tells them to give them their password or private key. That really shows that crypto users do not really know crypto.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:00:16 PM

I was still scared to hear this news, I read the news several times, and I've had this case but I was lucky not to lose money. I am very poor with little capital to invest in the Crypto market. If I lose my family probably will be hungry. I thank you for bringing this news to everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: