Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Bitcointalk remove ALL Butterfly Labs' advertisements off their site Huh
YES!
no

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Bitcointalk remove ALL Butterfly Labs' advertisements off their site ???  (Read 1769 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:36:12 PM

Should Bitcointalk remove ALL Butterfly Labs' advertisements off their site Huh

[/quote]

[/quote]

You Be the Judge of that!

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:43:17 PM

Yes, months ago...
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:26:48 PM

Yes, months ago...

Grin agree!

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:39:31 PM

Thank you !your vote counts:!)

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:10:23 PM

Thank you !your vote counts:!) please keep on voting  Cool

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:16:21 PM

You're on a bitcoin forum.  The very idea of it is to be the master of your own money.  What should give you or anyone else the right to tell one company or a free forum what to do with their money or who to take it from?  Also if you own bitcoin you should be happy with BFL.  They have likely brought in many new people into the bitcoin sphere.  Granted those people got screwed but it's a good lesson and they will likely stick around and adoption is what makes it work.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:25:59 PM

You're on a bitcoin forum.  The very idea of it is to be the master of your own money.  What should give you or anyone else the right to tell one company or a free forum what to do with their money or who to take it from?  Also if you own bitcoin you should be happy with BFL.  They have likely brought in many new people into the bitcoin sphere.  Granted those people got screwed but it's a good lesson and they will likely stick around and adoption is what makes it work.

Good word Smiley thanks for your comments!

Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:41:34 PM

They should be removed although i doubt they will be.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:50:19 PM

There is no doubt at all he is right.

Look what happened with the pirate thing? The more warnings people got the more people sent him funds.

Also free speech and free market.

If anything maybe ban him for trolling a few retards? But seems a bit harsh...

Im all for free speech :0) Thats why we are all here! Thanks for ur comment.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:51:31 PM

Thanks for your comments and votes  Grin  Wink

ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:59:20 AM

But how will the admin collect his paycheck then???
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:28:59 AM

No, its free income for Bitcointalk, but please put this sign exactly above and below the ads "DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM BUTTERFLY LABS"
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:18:23 AM

No, its free income for Bitcointalk, but please put this sign exactly above and below the ads "DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM BUTTERFLY LABS"

True that Smiley i like the way your thinking  Grin Cool DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM BUTTERFLY LABS"

please keep on voting
Thanks

Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 12:06:31 PM

Nah, most people in this forum know BFL's history right?
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:12:19 PM

Most people yeah. But, not everyone. I think the advertisements should be deleted. But, keep thier history on the forum because people can then research into them.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:35:51 PM

Most people yeah. But, not everyone. I think the advertisements should be deleted. But, keep thier history on the forum because people can then research into them.

We need to inform fellow brothers in the BTC race and warn against butterfly labs. I truly Hope butterfly labs redeem themselves and give back to the brothers who bought into there promises. We all have a right to our own opinions and BFL as well BUT if BFL is truly honest and have integrity, they WILL make it up to the costumers who invested in there company?

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Delete the ads please Smiley, my friend almost got scammed....
jason44

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:09:26 AM

They should have been removed months ago. But they won't be, because it generates revenue.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:56:03 AM

This is taken from a different topic, but its still pretty relevant, let me highling a few things.

I'm confused why people keep bringing up the ad revenue as Theymos' "source of corruption". The forum's wallet is public, and you can see that those ad BTC aren't being spent, wouldn't he need to be benefiting from BFL's advertising payments in order for it to be corrupting him? Approximately 25% of the forum's ad revenue is split between the forum's 36+ Staff members. Looking at the last ad auction, had Inaba not bid, the person who would have got his spot bid .75 BTC less per spot than him. That x 3 slots = 2.25 BTC less that the Ad auction would have raised, had Inaba not recieved any slots. 25% of that would have been used for Mod Payments, split at least 36 ways. Do you really think that Theymos is being corrupted by the extra .015 BTC that Josh's ad purchase gave him? Something just doesn't add up on that front.

I was wrong about the percent, its a bit less than that, and also, that was months ago at a lower BTC price, so even less so relevant. The point is, I'd be willing to bet that rather than the extra few dollars that Inaba's ads generate, the reason BFL advertising is still allowed, is because theres no reason not to allow it. For the same reason Inaba hasn't received a scammer tag, is because BFL isn't a clear cut scam. I find it funny people are so gungho about censoring BFL, but should someone else be censored there is hell to pay.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:39:43 PM

This is taken from a different topic, but its still pretty relevant, let me highling a few things.

I'm confused why people keep bringing up the ad revenue as Theymos' "source of corruption". The forum's wallet is public, and you can see that those ad BTC aren't being spent, wouldn't he need to be benefiting from BFL's advertising payments in order for it to be corrupting him? Approximately 25% of the forum's ad revenue is split between the forum's 36+ Staff members. Looking at the last ad auction, had Inaba not bid, the person who would have got his spot bid .75 BTC less per spot than him. That x 3 slots = 2.25 BTC less that the Ad auction would have raised, had Inaba not recieved any slots. 25% of that would have been used for Mod Payments, split at least 36 ways. Do you really think that Theymos is being corrupted by the extra .015 BTC that Josh's ad purchase gave him? Something just doesn't add up on that front.

I was wrong about the percent, its a bit less than that, and also, that was months ago at a lower BTC price, so even less so relevant. The point is, I'd be willing to bet that rather than the extra few dollars that Inaba's ads generate, the reason BFL advertising is still allowed, is because theres no reason not to allow it. For the same reason Inaba hasn't received a scammer tag, is because BFL isn't a clear cut scam. I find it funny people are so gungho about censoring BFL, but should someone else be censored there is hell to pay.

Thank you for joining in and posting SaltySpitoon Smiley i see your calculations and maybe you should charge them 5btc to advertise on the forum Huh
BTC is only getting bigger and bigger and NewBies' are joining in every day, So… don’t you think NewBies' and other brothers should be warned, we need to protect them from these companies Huh I’m not trying to be Mr. BTC’supper Hero but…I believe the best thing BFL should do is… try to make it up to the customers and recompense them with either BTC or Free GH/s with their new Hosted Mining Servers Huh The customer is NOT always right! but… don’t Promise one thing and then LIE and LIE to them about when their product will arrive  and them you receiver you rig a year later.
Butterfly Labs has made money off lies and lies and lies and lies and lies and lies and more lies. Just saying!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: