Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Activity, Merit, Politeness, fMerit, Imagination, Virtue, Coins, Karma, Posts !!  (Read 1336 times)
Walter789

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:51:10 AM

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that "fMerit" word. Yeah newbies are gonna say "Fuck Merit" and that gives you fMerit point - did you people know that?

fMerits = [total sMerits + number of times you said "Fuck you merit system" ]*Your current rank  Grin Grin

April fools to everyone out here reading this and thinking "whats wrong with me profile??"

Why is this post earn merit?  Where is justice for this?  Lol  Tongue
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 10:26:31 AM

I guess it is part of an April Fool's joke as there are no buttons to click to add those "FMerits", "Politeness", "Imagination" and the rest unlike the Merit system. I got to say that the joke got me as I was scrolling through some threads and I noticed a lot of new stuff under Activity and Merit, first thing I did was to visit the "Meta" section and find out there are no official announcement about the system. Also I take a quick look at my profile page and there was nothing new. I was shook at first but its all good now. Nicely done Smiley

I have checked the forum for an announcement too but could found nothing in Meta section besides this topic.

April fools but are you sure?

fMerit - how many times you said something bad about Merit system.
Coins - special coins issued by Bitcointalk (ICO soon)
Karma- you will get karma (+ or -) for bad or good behavior on the forum
Imagination - issued by moderators, no rules attached as for now
Politeness- never try to argue with staff or other people

This is how I think it is. Do you think that I am right?  Wink

selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:37:36 AM

I logged in and was afraid, what does it mean. Nice joke, 1st april I forgot Cheesy. ¨
This is not a joke and is real as confirmed by the admin. You better not laugh at his decisions or your politeness meter will go down. Smiley I think I was little harsh on you so sorry (actually I do not want my politeness meter to go down as well). It would be interesting to see other members removing the harsh words they used in past posts to improve their polite score. Smiley

But Merit is also good joke and could be removed after 1st April, haha Cheesy

Of course, it will be removed. Wait for 1st April 2019. Why should members have all the fun on single day ?
Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 10:41:51 AM

I think if someone here makes a nice joke, they might be rewarded.
Cakalasia

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:55:56 AM

Posts and Activity was the only requirement for rank up-gradation. And few months ago Merit was introduced as a requirement. Now today I am surprised to see lot of stuff under my stats     

I also surprised to see that under in my stats, and I don't have idea on what is the purpose of this.
The other said it's a joke because this day is the April fools, I'm gonna wait after this day if it's really joke.
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:17:53 AM

Whether it's a joke or not I also confused what is the mean reason for these having a stat, well, let's see what will happen after this implementation by sir theymos.
Frankly speaking, those new rule system implemented did not absorb in my mind what is the purpose. lol
Hopefully, it brings us a fairly way of rank up system.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
█████████████████████████
████████▄████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:46:04 AM

I guess it is part of an April Fool's joke as there are no buttons to click to add those "FMerits", "Politeness", "Imagination" and the rest unlike the Merit system. I got to say that the joke got me as I was scrolling through some threads and I noticed a lot of new stuff under Activity and Merit, first thing I did was to visit the "Meta" section and find out there are no official announcement about the system. Also I take a quick look at my profile page and there was nothing new. I was shook at first but its all good now. Nicely done Smiley

I have checked the forum for an announcement too but could found nothing in Meta section besides this topic.

This is how I think it is. Do you think that I am right?  Wink

I guess you are right, especially on fMerit. I noticed this new order a few hours after I made a new trade on how the Merit system has fared so far, and my fMerit stood at around 300 at that time. A few hours later it pumped to over 700. I feel like I walked myself into some trouble. Now I know that Merit is the best thing ever in this forum. Smiley
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:52:52 AM

Based on your understanding about fMerit. I really don't think that it is the basis of fMerit. So it means that you said something bad about Merit 128 times? And why the hell I have 166 fMerit in my profile? I haven't said anything bad about Merit, Seriously.
Actually, I don't know if guys also noticed it. My fMerit points decreased in unknown reason. Earlier I have 327 fMerits but now I only have 166 fMerit points.

Here's my proof.

Edit. What the  Huh Now its back to 327  Huh
It makes me feel like I really need to find out how the equation works, because I have no idea how it fluctuates (or it is just a bug that's why is decreased earlier).

404 Not Found
Mr.Spider703

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 12:01:58 PM

all can be
I have nothing not is changing
if this system will remain on a permanent basis, then the credit will get even harder, the one who gives it will see how you feel about the forum
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:07:03 PM

Based on your understanding about fMerit. I really don't think that it is the basis of fMerit. So it means that you said something bad about Merit 128 times? And why the hell I have 166 fMerit in my profile? I haven't said anything bad about Merit, Seriously.
Actually, I don't know if guys also noticed it. My fMerit points decreased in unknown reason. Earlier I have 327 fMerits but now I only have 166 fMerit points.

Here's my proof.

Edit. What the  Huh Now its back to 327  Huh
It makes me feel like I really need to find out how the equation works, because I have no idea how it fluctuates (or it is just a bug that's why is decreased earlier).

My fMerit is down again to 313.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:17:29 PM

My fMerit is down again to 313.
Your fMerit points are now 934. I really wonder how it change. Sir theymos said that the equation is "simple" but it seems like even my math professor won't be able to solve such a equation like that.
There's something we still didn't know about this new rank requirement. Better to keep updated about it or else I'm gonna missed something.

Well, let's just find out what will happen next. I'm really getting excited about this new system.

404 Not Found
Mr.Spider703

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 12:19:14 PM

the system is apparently simple, the more you write messages, the more drops or rises fmerit
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:25:32 PM

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that "fMerit" word. Yeah newbies are gonna say "Fuck Merit" and that gives you fMerit point - did you people know that?

fMerits = [total sMerits + number of times you said "Fuck you merit system" ]*Your current rank  Grin Grin

April fools to everyone out here reading this and thinking "whats wrong with me profile??"

LOL    I know it , when I first opened, I was surprised if this is a new rule again and I went straight to the meta section and I found this thread. Cheesy
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:49:15 PM

No wonder my thread keep on deleting by them. So it is pure April fools day
Really being fools by them Grin
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:52:01 PM

Maybe it's just a joke from sir Theymos but IMO I still think that it's real and will remain forever in this forum. Don't you guys think Theymos spend a lot of time and his IQ just to create a joke like this? I don't think so. LOL. Anyway, I still don't understand all these stat, especially fMerit, it seem like really difficult to calculate although Theymos said it's easy to calculate Smiley)

NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:58:05 PM

Definitely an April fools joke, as comparing with some of my friends on Bitcointalk the stats make no sense. It's a nice gimmick though.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
almtu

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:01:39 PM

Only theymos can do such unexpected things and ofcourse it could be not just a joke but it could be necessary. I look forward that it is all about NEW THINGS TO MAKE THE FORUM GREAT AGAIN.
ningning08

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:21:09 PM

Is this real or part of April Fools? Please enlighten us. I an overwhelmed with the new stats and I want to increase my politeness as well. Please please please. Lol
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:39:10 PM

Posts and Activity was the only requirement for rank up-gradation. And few months ago Merit was introduced as a requirement. Now today I am surprised to see lot of stuff under my stats     

I also surprised to see that under in my stats, and I don't have idea on what is the purpose of this.
The other said it's a joke because this day is the April fools, I'm gonna wait after this day if it's really joke.
The fact is those stats have not shown in user profile. Why is that? Good signal for big joke in April the first. Imagine how the system works without stats attached in profiles. Basically, ideas behind new rank system, which has not presented clearly by now, are really terrible.
I guess after this post my imagination will decrease a bit, but I don't care because I believe that all those stats will disappear when we jump to 2nd of April.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:03:29 PM

Well done theymos  Grin, you got me!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: