Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling for a loss to buy cheaper crypto?  (Read 380 times)
Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:59:09 PM

Everyone recommends hodling but what do you think about selling cryptos at a loss to buy other cryptos for cheap? You might be able to profit from a more volatile altcoin, especially with all the big coins going down for some time now.

But then again, it might be a little late for that, what do you think?
If you plan to buy coins of such cryptocurrencies as Ethereum or Bitcoin, then I consider it a good idea. Yes, you will risk much more, but you will be able to get significantly higher profits.
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:16:21 PM

It's better to HODL. If you're interested in any other good coin, risk some money on them.
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:25:24 PM

Everyone recommends hodling but what do you think about selling cryptos at a loss to buy other cryptos for cheap? You might be able to profit from a more volatile altcoin, especially with all the big coins going down for some time now.

If thats your favourite coin why buy other cryptos that is cheaper? Instead sell your coin low now and buy it on lower price it will make you gain more holdings although not in profit ,because someday it will bounce back and youll get out their your extra income. Its my favourite time when the crypto is downtrent especially on sunday afternoon the bitcoin always go down and thats the time other altcoins follow, so i sell it on saturday then wait for the lowest price in sunday or monday, so thats why im able to gain more token.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:42:24 PM

It's too late. What will happen if the coin that you have bought it by cut loss your previous investment goes down? That's not good, never try to do that. It may better to hold your amount and then try to sell them when you can minimize your losses rather than put into another coin that still becomes speculation about how the coin will be going to.

tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:45:17 PM

You can do without problems....when there is a so bearish market almost all crypto are down.. so when there will be a very bullish market all crypto will rise again and if you have the right one the % are higher...
Rostock

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:47:24 PM

Well, to change Bitcoin or Ethereum to other altcoins is about the same price as it was in December 2017. The ratio the remains. Has fallen not what the one coin, and the entire Market.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:48:05 PM

This isn’t a bad idea but i think it also depends on the coin you are holding right now and its amount. If you think that you can profit from selling it at a loss to purchase a cheaper one, then go but just make sure that the coin you are buying now won’t be another lose. If we take a closer look at the market, almost all coins are down and bitcoin value has a huge influence on that. My move on this situation would to just hodl and wait because soon it will recover. I have taken a huge risk on holding a coin, selling it for a cheaper one would be a much greater risk and i am not willing to take it. But that is just me.

erasheed28

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:55:38 PM

that is actually one of other techniques to get profit during this kind of market which is a bearish one, re-investing is a good option specifically for those traders with less potential alts that wants to shift to top alts during those dips.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:11:46 AM

Theoretically,that should work ,But the problem is if you don't know how to analyze charts you might end up selling to But at lower point then price explode .that happened with many people Before.

zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:38:06 AM

i THINK it depends on whart coins do you have. If they are really bad, you need to sell them to buy some good ones. But if the coins are good, you had better hold them for a long time to earn more money.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:45:31 AM

It would probably be a bold move if you do that and the risk is also higher, but it will definitely give you more reasonable profit if you made the right choice on where you would re-invest your capital. In the end it will always be up to you, pretty sure you'll learn something from doing it.
regexlove

Activity: 608

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:39:58 PM

I think this is a silly act since you can not make much money on it and you can not be sure that after the sale of coins in a decline the market will not turn in the other direction  Cheesy
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:45:55 PM

It's absolutely RIGHT decision I think.
The first rule of smart trader - is a risk management. You must know when you have to stop your loss and close  position.

MeongElek

Activity: 418

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:47:10 PM

The market is falling and the price is cheap. Do you believe in low prices going back up? If you believe in it, you can buy it at a very cheap price now. And I think you are not too late.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:50:34 PM

I do agree. Sometimes just holding is not the only option. You might have to let go your investment and suffer a little bit of loss. If you keep on holding your investment, you might miss the opportunity to invest on other coins which might otherwise have given you higher profit than you could have earned with your current investment.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:09:15 PM

I do agree. Sometimes just holding is not the only option. You might have to let go your investment and suffer a little bit of loss. If you keep on holding your investment, you might miss the opportunity to invest on other coins which might otherwise have given you higher profit than you could have earned with your current investment.
If you arent sure towards into your decision if you would pull out or not then you should not rush up but if the time comes that you do have intuition or do see an opportunity on making money then do this at your own risk.Selling out on a loss and investing into a new coin for potential profits that might even breakeven your loss or even profit you more than on you expect then its already up to you.Making decisions would always vary based into ones experience.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
GlennChristopher

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:14:51 PM

I think you should look for good projects not cheap coins. These Alts have a very good future in my vision, these projects deserve a research. Do check these out:

THC
ICX
NANO
TAU

Some of them are at good price.
GlennEfrain

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:36:17 PM

ARK, EOS, DRGN and PRG. These are looking confident and quickly growing. I think it rests on what you go for, these are cheap projects and some of these projects have a high chance of booming, PRG and EOS are my Fav among these. They deserve a check.
upbit

Activity: 392
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:00:09 PM

Now is not the time to sell, as the market of coins comes out of the drawdown and shows growth, wait a couple more weeks and see that your coins will also show growth.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: