Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:26:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Bitcoins  (Read 599 times)
FakeTheReal (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:04:32 PM

Hi people!

I'm new to all of these and I was actually talked into signing up by my friend, so yeah I'm a noob :/. Do you guys have any tips on getting started?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 06:06:17 PM

Hello! Welcome to the forums! The first thing you should do is sign up at coinbase. You can check out my hub (http://hub.nahtnam.com), which has a lot of links that take you to my favorite sites!

BTW, Im the friend Wink

Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:07:21 PM

Do you guys have any tips on getting started?

- An online-wallet like blockchain.info is a good way to get started
- Best start by buying a small amount of Bitcoins first to learn how to use and securely store them, before investing a lot
- Avoid investing in altcoins, mining hardware and Bitcoin securities unless you really know what you are doing. Most of those are bad deals.
- Faucets aren't a good way to get started anymore, because the amounts are so tiny that it's not worth the time (and it's difficult to send those tiny tiny amounts)
FakeTheReal (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 06:28:14 PM

Hello! Welcome to the forums! The first thing you should do is sign up at coinbase. You can check out my hub (http://hub.nahtnam.com), which has a lot of links that take you to my favorite sites!

BTW, Im the friend Wink

- Best start by buying a small amount of Bitcoins first to learn how to use and securely store them, before investing a lot
- Avoid investing in altcoins, mining hardware and Bitcoin securities unless you really know what you are doing. Most of those are bad deals.
- Faucets aren't a good way to get started anymore, because the amounts are so tiny that it's not worth the time (and it's difficult to send those tiny tiny amounts)

Thank you !!! Cheesy
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 06:35:37 PM

BTW, Im the friend Wink

Thank you !!! Cheesy

No problem. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! The community is here for you!

kingsley

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:55:14 PM

You can buy bitcoins at Mt.Gox, VirWox or a bunch of other places. Some may need various verification steps. I'd not say avoid all altcoins. But I agree most are not worth buying.

In a digital world fiat is a dinosaur,
And while Bitcoin may just be four,
There's definitely very much in store,
As dollars fall and Bitcoins soar.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:11:05 AM

First off, welcome to the Bitcoin community as well as Bitcointalk.org. Secondly, you may want to set up a wallet, I recommend CoinBase for starting out in the BTC community. But, there are alternatives such as MultiBit which is more secure and you have complete control over you coins.

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:09:05 AM

Hi people!

I'm new to all of these and I was actually talked into signing up by my friend, so yeah I'm a noob :/. Do you guys have any tips on getting started?
Welcome to the community! Be careful keeping to much on exchanges or in shared wallets -- if your bitcoins are in your wallet, they stay yours, as long as your keep them secure. Good pass phrases for encrypting your wallet.
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:13:39 AM

Welcome
BarkinTree

Activity: 204

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:46:04 AM

Hi people!

we were all newbs at one point! i'd get to understand security concerns and how to use the qt client (and BACK IT UP), you got to keep those coins safe!
Hilppa

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:14:50 AM

Thanks, this was helpful Smiley
ruru

Activity: 139

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:15:19 AM

Welcome!

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: