Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When I received the token, should I sell it immediately, or what? How do I judge  (Read 3140 times)
Megashaw

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:28:59 PM

Remember this tokens gotten from bounties are actually payment for a service you rendered in which you invested your time and resources into. So it is not free but however if you feel the project has prospects of being big in future it is only normal for you to hold. But if it appears to be shitcoin or valueless as time goes on, you better dump ASAP.
Siriska

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:53:50 PM

Why you should sell all your tokens at once. Sell half, and leave half for storage in case the price increases. Think about your actions in advance.

kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:08:15 PM

Hey.. it is one of biggest questions. It is like to be or not to be.

Of course it depends of project and coins and your free time. I am at the moment holder. Wait for market to grow.
Tokens after ICO usually or down -50%, or +200% for a first hours and after get down.
With bounty is more complicated, usually when you receive bounty reward, prices already down..
So, it is really up to you what to do and when.  Tongue
Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:05:43 PM

Of course it depends of project and coins and your free time. I am at the moment holder. Wait for market to grow.
Tokens after ICO usually or down -50%, or +200% for a first hours and after get down.
With bounty is more complicated, usually when you receive bounty reward, prices already down..
Tokens came from bounty will a little bit late since investors would really be the main focus when it comes to distribution which means they do have the main opportunity on selling out first when tokens is already being listed into an exchange aiming for an easy profits for its investors but thats not always the case since even investors wont assure themselves that they would able to make profits anytime because not all coins would end up happily ever after  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
danielnamit

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:31:41 PM

When you receive a specific token, it is a good thing to first know its price and potential growing value in the future. If then, you can hodl it for a long time and it can makes you rich in the long run.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:12:53 AM

Eventhough prices are down when bounty rewards are received it can also rise with time when you least expect it,for me ,it is good to always reserve some coins when bounty rewards come received.

Pebryan

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:32:32 PM

do not sell it immediately. first consider their project first, if promising you should hold first, because at any time the price can soar high. of course you do not want to miss it
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:53:31 PM

it will really depend on the market situation, if you are an ICO investor and when you will sell the price is still far from the funds you spend then you should hold the coin and vice versa.

Barbatsutsa

Activity: 149
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:11:16 PM

Noone can tell you certainly the right strategy - the answer on your question is decided by each single coin - some should be sold immidiately, some - holded.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:31:59 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 01:55:02 PM by Bencus

It is hard to judge honestly. If the developer team and the envisioned product is good, viable and has future, I'd say hold your tokens. The real question is, if you sell into eth/btc, which one will increase steeper in this given market situation, where the bounceback is happening, the eth, btc, or the token itself? That is really hard to predict.
There is an other thing: scalping at early stages when hitting the exchanges. Coin value usually (but not always) have a spike when hitting exchanges, and that is a great opportunity to sell. You can buy back into the coin, or just be happy with the profit you made. It is up to you.
Just bear in mind what the current market situation is like, and take that into account.
Also, if you decide to sell, you dont need to sell all your coins at once. You can sell 25% at a time, or whatever your heart desires.
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:35:21 PM

Sell it immediately as long as it goes live within a exchange you dont even know its your last time to be able to sell those coins. Cause it will take months before it pumps.
Katabit

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:57:49 PM

Now is not the best time to sell. The market fell. I would have waited for a higher price. But if they are shitcoins, then do not wait until they fall even lower.

LEMbo

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:07:01 PM

Hodl till lambo
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:33:21 AM

I assumed that all bounty hunters read or do a research first before joining a campaign or some maybe not. Well, as a bounty hunter if you think that it is worth the hold, hold it! Because for sure if the project has a great future based on their concept it will go up. But based on my experience once I receive my bounty I immediately release it if it is near the ATH as we all know that tokens will be distributed to the investors first but I also have some that is still on hold because I made some research about it and probably just sleeping for now (I will not mention the coin  Grin)
dilandanmilea

Activity: 283
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:08:22 AM

I think if holding ICO tokens (which you already get) too long will be too risky. I am afraid that later the token will be of no value. You should monitor the development of tokens on the market, if the progress is good, then continue. If not, sell and buy another coin as an investment.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:45:21 AM

I think holding the coin will give good profit because i have experienced it, it is giving more value if you hold them for certain period of time. As company progress, the price will start increasing in the market.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:50:54 AM

Everything depends on the seriousness of the project, its degree of visibility, the development team, etc. Some projects go nowhere, others take a long time to have some visibility. Finally, a few rare projects make x 10 in a few weeks. By experience, I would say that I have always earned more by keeping my tokens rather than selling too early.
directhome

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:04:51 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 05:18:05 AM by directhome

I think before answering your question, we need to know how much in-depth research have you done on the ICO before buying OR you just bought it through some hear say rumors about them going to the moon.

My criteria of a good ICO is that:
1. It must be an existing business for a few years with a good model, and have even bigger feasible plans for the reason of doing an ICO.
2. Team composition and advisors are next that I look at, idea can be great but without a strong team, it wouldn't give me sufficient confidence that their plans can be executed without delays, that is if it's ever executed.
3. Next thing would be how unique their business plans are, I realised many ICOs are basically copying ideas from existing businesses, tweek abit and calling it theirs, hence it comes back to the point of why it must be a running business for at least a couple of years.

To end off, I would like to invite long term, serious investors to have a good look at DirectHome. We are an existing successful and profitable business looking to expand globally using our feasible business model, hence the ICO launch. Let me apologise in advance for only writing plain text in our announcement thread due to the restrictions of being a newbie 😓 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3167842.0
Alternatively, you may visit us at our ICO site at https://www.directhome.co. Thank you for your time and our team await you to join our community and grow together with us. 😊

Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/GFuo2kSlsXKPwGJVaR7zLA
Business: https://www.directhome.com.sg
ICO: https://www.directhome.co
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirectHomeSG
Tuturtinular

Activity: 1022
Merit: 152

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:22:13 AM

When I received the token, should I sell it immediately, or what? How do I judge its value?
help me !
guys!
If you want to immediately use it for a better purpose immediately sell it because to wait for prices to rise in the current conditions need patience.
Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:50:47 AM

It depends on you for example if you really need money sell it but if you don't need urgent fund wait and keep your coins for the price to go up before selling because most of the coins have good prospects
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: