Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:02:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum wallet not showing funds  (Read 434 times)
Perditor1633 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:33:58 AM

I recently decided to upgrade computers and sent BTC from my old BTC Core to an Electrum wallet on the new machine. I confirmed the address about seven times, twice with a second person, then hit send. I then went to my new Electrum wallet and put in the amount to be received about 1 minute later. As of 12 hours, I still don't see it in my Electrum wallet, but checking on blockchain, I see that the transaction has been confirmed >60 times. I have the most recent build directly from the Electrum website, running on a Mac. Anyone have any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 10:45:06 AM

I then went to my new Electrum wallet and put in the amount to be received about 1 minute later.

You don't have to enter the amount you want to receive.
This is an additional feature.
Did you only rely on this to check wether you received your amount?

Did you check the total balance and tansaction history? Is it completely 'ignoring' your transaction?

As of 12 hours, I still don't see it in my Electrum wallet, but checking on blockchain, I see that the transaction has been confirmed >60 times. I have the most recent build directly from the Electrum website, running on a Mac. Anyone have any suggestions?

Try the following:
Open electrum, goto the console ('View' -> 'Show console') and type in:
Code:
ismine("YOUR_ADDRESS_HERE")

This should return true if the address was generated within your wallet.

Perditor1633 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:00:04 AM

I then went to my new Electrum wallet and put in the amount to be received about 1 minute later.

You don't have to enter the amount you want to receive.
This is an additional feature.
Did you only rely on this to check wether you received your amount?

Did you check the total balance and tansaction history? Is it completely 'ignoring' your transaction?

As of 12 hours, I still don't see it in my Electrum wallet, but checking on blockchain, I see that the transaction has been confirmed >60 times. I have the most recent build directly from the Electrum website, running on a Mac. Anyone have any suggestions?

Try the following:
Code:
ismine("YOUR_ADDRESS_HERE")

This should return true if the address was generated within your wallet.

I don't see anything in the History tab and the Receive tab has the status as pending for those requested funds.
I don't see any drop down to access the "console" - there are only 3 tabs, History, Send and Receive. in the Right lower corner there are four icons. Network (I'm connected to three nodes.) Seed (where I can enter my password to review my seed info) Preferences (I don't understand most of this) and Password (where I can change my password.)
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:28:46 PM

I don't see anything in the History tab and the Receive tab has the status as pending for those requested funds.
I don't see any drop down to access the "console" - there are only 3 tabs, History, Send and Receive. in the Right lower corner there are four icons. Network (I'm connected to three nodes.) Seed (where I can enter my password to review my seed info) Preferences (I don't understand most of this) and Password (where I can change my password.)

Click "View" (at the top) and then "Show Console".

I'm not sure what you mean by a "seed"/"password" - is this under the "wallet" section? Could you take a screenshot of your electrum window.

Also, could you take a screenshot of the address the money should be in and either post it here or send it to me via PM, along with the TXid/address in text so I can check it has been fully confirmed and that's not the issue.

Also try connecting to other servers from the "network" panel (though, to me, all the servers seem to be in sync correctly).
bob123
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 12:56:14 PM

Does the address you have sent the funds to appear in electrum (receive- or address tab?) ?

I guess you missed it:

Try the following:

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 04:37:56 PM

Did you double-check the bitcoin address from electrum where you send your bitcoin from bitcoin core?

Maybe you put a wrong bitcoin address that is why no pending transaction or confirmed transaction in your electrum wallet.

Since you said your electrum wallet is connected to 3 nodes it means that your wallet is running fine.

There are 2 possibilities maybe you put a wrong bitcoin address or you use a fake electrum wallet.

Can you clarify if where did you download the electrum wallet and put the bitcoin address you use for receiving bitcoin from bitcoin core here, so that we can find what actually the reason for not showing transaction in your electrum history and let me know if what version of electrum wallet you use?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:40:34 PM

2. Make sure any firewall on your Mac don't block Electrum.
If that green circle appears which means it is completely sync with the network which means theres no firewall blocking electrum.
I have same question too if the address being used to sent out funds is listed on view addresses tab.If not then he input the wrong address.

There are 2 possibilities maybe you put a wrong bitcoin address or you use a fake electrum wallet.
I wast aware with that fake electrum wallet,if theres one then it might be a reason but the thing always comes to my mind which this would be an error in inputting the address because its very impossible for those funds not to be credited or doesnt show on the entire history of transactions in electrum.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:09:21 PM

2. Make sure any firewall on your Mac don't block Electrum.
If that green circle appears which means it is completely sync with the network which means theres no firewall blocking electrum.
I have same question too if the address being used to sent out funds is listed on view addresses tab.If not then he input the wrong address.
Yes, it would be stuck on "syncronising"... or "not connected" otherwise.

I wast aware with that fake electrum wallet,if theres one then it might be a reason but the thing always comes to my mind which this would be an error in inputting the address because its very impossible for those funds not to be credited or doesnt show on the entire history of transactions in electrum.
There are fake versions of every piece of software if it's widespread and lucrative enough to do.

@OP, can you hash the installer and check it with the has from electrum.org and the github repository?

I recently decided to upgrade computers and sent BTC from my old BTC Core to an Electrum wallet on the new machine. I confirmed the address about seven times, twice with a second person.

Were you speaking it to them or were they just referencing the two? IF it was the first, then if you put a capital instead of a lower case for example, that'd throw off the send. It wouldn't throw it off by too much though as there last 7 digits of the address for bech32 for example are a checksum so the transaction should hopefully run into an error. EDIT: I tested this and it does produce an error when the checksum fails with an "Invalid Lines Found" error.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:50:41 PM

I recently decided to upgrade computers and sent BTC from my old BTC Core to an Electrum wallet on the new machine. I confirmed the address about seven times, twice with a second person, then hit send. I then went to my new Electrum wallet and put in the amount to be received about 1 minute later. As of 12 hours, I still don't see it in my Electrum wallet, but checking on blockchain, I see that the transaction has been confirmed >60 times. I have the most recent build directly from the Electrum website, running on a Mac. Anyone have any suggestions?
OP, I think the problem could be from the electrum wallet if you didnot provided the wrong address as your receive address because you're not the first person to have this issue, someone also complained about not receiving his/her bitcoin acouple of days either https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1841106.0

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Ayanamirs

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:52:07 PM

Are you sure your Electrum is legit?

Did you check the PGP signature?
Perditor1633 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:52:30 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 12:06:30 AM by Perditor1633

Does the address you have sent the funds to appear in electrum (receive- or address tab?) ?
Yes, the address I sent my BTC to is in the Electrum application, and the receiving address was inside of the receiving tab, right where it says: "Receiving address:"

I guess you missed it:

Yep totally missed it (not used to a Mac) but then found it. I did an ismine("address") in the command line and it said true for the address I copied from electrum. I'm 99.9999% sure I used the right address. I checked it multiple times and had my wife check it forwards and backwards.

Can you clarify if where did you download the electrum wallet and put the bitcoin address you use for receiving bitcoin from bitcoin core here, so that we can find what actually the reason for not showing transaction in your electrum history and let me know if what version of electrum wallet you use?

I downloaded Electrum from https://electrum.org/#download.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:16:26 AM

Yes, the address I sent my BTC to is in the Electrum application, and the receiving address was inside of the receiving tab, right where it says: "Receiving address:"

I guess you missed it:

Yep totally missed it (not used to a Mac) but then found it. I did an ismine("address") in the command line and it said true for the address I copied from electrum. I'm 99.9999% sure I used the right address. I checked it multiple times and had my wife check it forwards and backwards.

I downloaded Electrum from https://electrum.org/#download.

Has it still not come through?

If not, could you use a separate computer and try to restore the wallet from its seed.
You could also get the raw tx info and import that into electrum by going to tools -> load transaction and then use one of the options. Load from blockchain allows you to put the tx in there and the client will pull the relevant info from the blocks. From text allows you to import it from the raw transaction hash.

There used to be a bug in electrum that was supposedly fixed that included this (it was in the transition from python 2 to 3) but there might still be issues related to that bug that might have appeared. You might want to open a bug report on this though it might be difficult to isolate this new bug.
Ayanamirs

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:45:37 AM

Your receive address now starts with bc1?

You send to a starts with 1 address?
Perditor1633 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:20:41 AM

OP, I think the problem could be from the electrum wallet if you didnot provided the wrong address as your receive address because you're not the first person to have this issue, someone also complained about not receiving his/her bitcoin acouple of days either https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1841106.0

I found a recommendation in that topic, which recommended trying different networks. I think ultimately I was connected to an out-of-date server that I had drawn weeks ago when I first downloaded Electrum wallet. When I toggled the auto-connect off and restarted I was paired up with a fresh server upon turning auto-connect back on.

Here are the exact steps I followed to get a resolution:
1. Go to network, and de-selected the automatically connect to network.
2. Force quit Electrum
3. Restart Electrum
4. Go to network, re-select automatically connect to network.

After that, the transaction posted immediately. Thanks
bob123
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 11:32:33 AM

Does it still appear in the receive-/address tab?

Yep totally missed it (not used to a Mac) but then found it. I did an ismine("address") in the command line and it said true for the address I copied from electrum.

Just to make sure i understand you correctly:

• You have sent BTC's to address X from your electrum wallet
  • This address X is visible under receive-/address tab
  • ismine("X") returns true

If you can answer all of those questions with yes, then can you please try to execute the following command:

Code:
listunspent()

This should return all UTXO's available.
Look at the list you get and search for your address/amount received. Do you see any transactions/coins related to your address X ?

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 12:07:08 PM

Does it still appear in the receive-/address tab?

Yep totally missed it (not used to a Mac) but then found it. I did an ismine("address") in the command line and it said true for the address I copied from electrum.

Just to make sure i understand you correctly:

• You have sent BTC's to address X from your electrum wallet
  • This address X is visible under receive-/address tab
  • ismine("X") returns true

If you can answer all of those questions with yes, then can you please try to execute the following command:

Code:
listunspent()

This should return all UTXO's available.
Look at the list you get and search for your address/amount received. Do you see any transactions/coins related to your address X ?

You are not reading the whole thread OP said that he found a solution that solved his issue.
Check the post above your post for reference and hope you guys read the new post before you reply if the problem is solve or not.  Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:13:04 PM

I found a recommendation in that topic, which recommended trying different networks. I think ultimately I was connected to an out-of-date server that I had drawn weeks ago when I first downloaded Electrum wallet. When I toggled the auto-connect off and restarted I was paired up with a fresh server upon turning auto-connect back on.

2. Force quit Electrum
3. Restart Electrum

Hahaha. I thought so since there is no transaction history appearing in your electrum wallet. Hmmm but do you have any idea how this occur? I never encounter this kind of network connection failure. Can you please post here the link to the thread on where do you get that guide? Thank you

bob123
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:26:29 PM

You are not reading the whole thread OP said that he found a solution that solved his issue.
Check the post above your post for reference and hope you guys read the new post before you reply if the problem is solve or not.  Wink

I guess my eyes aren't that good anymore. Somehow completely overlooked that Roll Eyes

Perditor1633 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:32:00 AM

2. Force quit Electrum
3. Restart Electrum

Hahaha. I thought so since there is no transaction history appearing in your electrum wallet. Hmmm but do you have any idea how this occur? I never encounter this kind of network connection failure. Can you please post here the link to the thread on where do you get that guide? Thank you

I think it was the fact that I had left my Electrum running for two weeks played a part. The problem is, my Bitcoin Core crashed and I had to download the WHOLE blockchain again before I could access my BTC, so I sat around waiting for that to happen.

The link is in the quoted section that I pasted within this thread.
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4316

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:39:47 AM

I think it was the fact that I had left my Electrum running for two weeks played a part.
Possibly also just a "bad server" that wasn't updating properly... I think the fact that you got connected to a different server and everything started working supports this theory.

As for leaving it running for weeks... Generally, a simple shutdown and restart of Electrum can fix a lot of network issues. That sort of thing fixes like 99% of most IT related issues! haha Tongue

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████