Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:27:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The collective Mastercoin-explorer, Mastercoin-ruby and Mastercoin-wallet topic  (Read 19552 times)
ASIC-8Tile

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:07:33 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 11:47:10 PM by ASIC-8Tile

Thanks Tachikoma. Doing the patch now.
What do I run after?
I presume gem install mastercoin-wallet
 Smiley

Still error messages... Thanks for your help Tachikoma.

gem install mastercoin-wallet
Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
ERROR:  Error installing mastercoin-wallet:
   ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/Users/XXXX/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p448/bin/ruby extconf.rb

make
mkdir ext/build
mkdir bin/1.8
mkdir bin/1.9
mkdir bin/plugins
mkdir bin/plugins/accessible
mkdir bin/plugins/bearer
mkdir bin/plugins/codecs
mkdir bin/plugins/designer
mkdir bin/plugins/graphicssystems
mkdir bin/plugins/iconengines
mkdir bin/plugins/imageformats
mkdir bin/plugins/phonon_backend
mkdir bin/plugins/qmltooling
mkdir bin/plugins/sqldrivers
mkdir lib/1.8
mkdir lib/1.9
cd ext/build; rm -rf CMakeFiles
cd ext/build; rm -rf generator
cd ext/build; rm -rf smoke
cd ext/build; rm -rf ruby
cd ext/build; rm *
rm: *: No such file or directory
make: [clean] Error 1 (ignored)
cd ext/build; \
cmake \
-G "Unix Makefiles" \
-Wno-dev \
-DENABLE_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTCORE_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTNETWORK_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTDBUS_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTGUI_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTSVG_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTSQL_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTXML_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTXMLPATTERNS_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTOPENGL_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTWEBKIT_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTSCRIPT_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTUITOOLS_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTTEST_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTMULTIMEDIA_SMOKE=on \
-DENABLE_QTRUBY=on \
-DENABLE_QTWEBKIT_RUBY=on \
-DENABLE_QTUITOOLS_RUBY=on \
-DENABLE_QTSCRIPT=on \
-DENABLE_QTTEST=on \
-- The C compiler identification is Clang 5.0.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is Clang 5.0.0
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
CMake Error at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/2.8.12/share/cmake/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:1386 (message):
  Found unsuitable Qt version "" from NOTFOUND, this code requires Qt 4.x
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  generator/CMakeLists.txt:3 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Users/XXXX/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p448/gems/qtbindings-4.8.3.0/ext/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
make: [build] Error 1 (ignored)
cd ext/build; make
make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** [build] Error 2

Gem files will remain installed in /Users/XXXX/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p448/gems/qtbindings-4.8.3.0 for inspection.
Results logged to /Users/XXXX/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p448/gems/qtbindings-4.8.3.0/./gem_make.out

The main error I see is "Make Error at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/2.8.12/share/cmake/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:1386 (message):
  Found unsuitable Qt version "" from NOTFOUND, this code requires Qt 4.x"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superfluouso

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:07:00 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 08:19:22 AM by superfluouso

Playing around with the wallet a bit - submitted a purchase and a couple minutes later a sell.  Its been about 10 minutes or so and the sell offer is listed but I haven't yet seen the purchase go through.  Are updates still running around 15 min?

Also, it might be nice to be able to pull up TX hashes from the app rather than going to the log file - though assume you intend to add more detail like this in the future...perhaps getting the option when double clicking?

Thinking about getting things going in ubuntu.

Edit:  Also while running wallet, my terminal shows:

ruby[44902:d0b] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:

Obviously not a ruby expert - is that expected or noteworthy?

Edit2:  Appears to again be Mavericks/qt related - so far does not impede functionality of the wallet.
superfluouso

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:17:52 AM

Couple more items that would be nice to have:

Address book or ability to easily capture/copy addresses

A way to view the expiration time for offers in the order book

On dashboard, transaction details with double click would be nice - tx and sender/receiver address
Tachikoma (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:36:38 AM

Playing around with the wallet a bit - submitted a purchase and a couple minutes later a sell.  Its been about 10 minutes or so and the sell offer is listed but I haven't yet seen the purchase go through.  Are updates still running around 15 min?

Yeah I have been having the same problem but I found the problem. The wallet keeps a record of all unspent outputs; outputs which can be used to create new transactions. The problem is that it is re-using outputs because as long as a transaction is not in the blockchain the output is still considered to be unspent. I will have to solve this by keeping a record of all newly created transaction locally and somehow merge these with the outputs the server gives us. This will be the main focus for the next release since right now the only way to send transactions is to wait until your previous one ended up in a block. Which is less then ideal!

Also, it might be nice to be able to pull up TX hashes from the app rather than going to the log file - though assume you intend to add more detail like this in the future...perhaps getting the option when double clicking?

Once I fixed the problem above I will be adding more context menu's to the application. Basically this will give me the option to put more details in. If I would add it right now the tables would become huge Wink

Couple more items that would be nice to have:

Address book or ability to easily capture/copy addresses

A way to view the expiration time for offers in the order book

Selling offers don't have a expiration time. Only your Purchase Offers Smiley

Thanks for the feedback again Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:37:20 AM

Thanks Tachikoma. Doing the patch now.
What do I run after?
I presume gem install mastercoin-wallet
 Smiley

Still error messages... Thanks for your help Tachikoma.

There were no issues when installing the patched QT? I'm sorry but I'm running out of ideas here :/

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
superfluouso

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:48:04 AM

I did a simple send to another address.  On the dashboard, the transaction shows up as 3 separate entries:  Sold, Bought, and Sent with the same amount I sent listed next to each one.

My balances reflect the correct amount but I was not expecting to see 3 separate entries listed like that for a simple send.  Does that make sense?
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:50:07 AM

I did a simple send to another address.  On the dashboard, the transaction shows up as 3 separate entries:  Sold, Bought, and Sent with the same amount I sent listed next to each one.

My balances reflect the correct amount but I was not expecting to see 3 separate entries listed like that for a simple send.  Does that make sense?

Nope it does not. Will fix this Smiley

Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:10:49 PM

I've just released 0.0.6.

Most notable in this release is the fact that you can now send multiple transactions without having to wait for the old one to be confirmed first. It keeps a record of unconfirmed transactions and uses those if no other inputs are available.

I've also fixed superfluouso's problem where a transaction got added multiple times to the dashboard view. If this release is deemed stable I will enable Simple Sends using real coins.

TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:19:32 AM

Ugghhh!!

I got as far as this page:

Quick start

Download it, run it to extract it somewhere (permanent). Then cd to it, run “ruby dk.rb init” and “ruby dk.rb install” to bind it to ruby installations in your path.

Questions

Questions from the end user: I downloaded DevKit as exe file, unpacked it. Should I place it to some permanent location and then run installation scripts or I can simply run installation script and then delete the unpacked DevKit folder (in a second case I assume that this script injects DevKit into Ruby installation in some way)? – the answer to this question should be placed in first lines of installation guide as it is very important.

Answer: The file should be in its permanent location before running “ruby dk.rb init”.

where is the permanent location?  ...so I chose one.  Then how does one run “ruby dk.rb init” and “ruby dk.rb install” I can't find anything in the directory which could be run that looks like this stuff.  How do I run "ruby dk.rb init"?

So now the whole damn thing is unusable because Ruby set up instructions are so vague.
superfluouso

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:51:05 AM

Most notable in this release is the fact that you can now send multiple transactions without having to wait for the old one to be confirmed first. It keeps a record of unconfirmed transactions and uses those if no other inputs are available.

I've also fixed superfluouso's problem where a transaction got added multiple times to the dashboard view. If this release is deemed stable I will enable Simple Sends using real coins.

Very Nice!  I can confirm purchase offer shows up correctly - I hope whoever 1EdAjiAp... belongs to doesn't mind that I bought a small amount of the test coins from your sell offer as a test.

Also, yes, the simple send no longer adds the multiple entries to the dashboard view - this is great.

I have a couple nitpicky things I noticed

- In the dashboard view, my address gets cut off under where it says "Mastercoin wallet for".   I guess the font needs to be smaller or the window larger.

- If I sort my sent/receive transactions by date, it appears to just sort based on the calendar day so you may not see the most recent/oldest transaction listed first like you might expect.  For example, 28-10-13 will be listed ahead of 08-11-13 as the most recent send.  Not clear if this is the case when looking at the order book as there are not any offers listed with an October date, however, I notice the date and time format is different on that view.

Great work!
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 09:51:21 AM

Ugghhh!!

I got as far as this page:

Quick start

Download it, run it to extract it somewhere (permanent). Then cd to it, run “ruby dk.rb init” and “ruby dk.rb install” to bind it to ruby installations in your path.

Questions

Questions from the end user: I downloaded DevKit as exe file, unpacked it. Should I place it to some permanent location and then run installation scripts or I can simply run installation script and then delete the unpacked DevKit folder (in a second case I assume that this script injects DevKit into Ruby installation in some way)? – the answer to this question should be placed in first lines of installation guide as it is very important.

Answer: The file should be in its permanent location before running “ruby dk.rb init”.

where is the permanent location?  ...so I chose one.  Then how does one run “ruby dk.rb init” and “ruby dk.rb install” I can't find anything in the directory which could be run that looks like this stuff.  How do I run "ruby dk.rb init"?

So now the whole damn thing is unusable because Ruby set up instructions are so vague.

I would suggest you wait for Zathras's pure Windows wallet if this stuff scares you, it will be much easier. Go to start find "Open command prompt with ruby" go to the folder you installed the devkit and issue those commands. Again this isn't really easy to do and my wallet will always be for unix-type OS's but since at this moment nothing else is available it seemed like a nice thing to do.

Very Nice!  I can confirm purchase offer shows up correctly - I hope whoever 1EdAjiAp... belongs to doesn't mind that I bought a small amount of the test coins from your sell offer as a test.

Also, yes, the simple send no longer adds the multiple entries to the dashboard view - this is great.

I have a couple nitpicky things I noticed

- In the dashboard view, my address gets cut off under where it says "Mastercoin wallet for".   I guess the font needs to be smaller or the window larger.

- If I sort my sent/receive transactions by date, it appears to just sort based on the calendar day so you may not see the most recent/oldest transaction listed first like you might expect.  For example, 28-10-13 will be listed ahead of 08-11-13 as the most recent send.  Not clear if this is the case when looking at the order book as there are not any offers listed with an October date, however, I notice the date and time format is different on that view.

Great work!

Yeah that address on the dashboard is being annoying. It now works for me on OS X and Windows but other OS's have different font-types which makes it hard. I think I will just make a lot smaller that should hopefully permanently fix it. I looked into the date thing and sadly QT Is not smart enough to recognise it as a date, yet. I will see if I can tell it it's a date and sort it accordingly.

superfluouso

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:20:05 PM

I guess the latest purchase I attempted did not go through despite my sending the BTC - I may have just been to slow as the purchase offer now shows Expired, no payment received.  Will that expired purchase offer remain listed there in my wallet indefinitely or should it go away at some point?

Edit:  Also, can't wait to see the wallet from Zathras, have a windows vm spun up and ready to go!
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 07:30:53 PM

I guess the latest purchase I attempted did not go through despite my sending the BTC - I may have just been to slow as the purchase offer now shows Expired, no payment received.  Will that expired purchase offer remain listed there in my wallet indefinitely or should it go away at some point?

Edit:  Also, can't wait to see the wallet from Zathras, have a windows vm spun up and ready to go!

Do you have the transaction ids so I can check it out? I've been doing a lot of work on Mastercoin-explorer and perhaps something messed up Smiley

superfluouso

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:09:56 AM

Do you have the transaction ids so I can check it out? I've been doing a lot of work on Mastercoin-explorer and perhaps something messed up Smiley

Sure..tx: a1b5d7c73e9ec345075eb2357c4dbfced610bdac63808f2f0d05fa431e266795

I'll do a couple more tests if possible later tonight.
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 07:42:29 AM

Ok I took a look at your transaction and it's not being accepted because you did not send enough funds. This is a rounding error on Mastercoin-explorer and I will fix this shortly, when I do your transaction should be valid Smiley

Edit: This is now fixed. Thanks for the report!

superfluouso

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:57:36 AM

Ok I took a look at your transaction and it's not being accepted because you did not send enough funds. This is a rounding error on Mastercoin-explorer and I will fix this shortly, when I do your transaction should be valid Smiley

That explains it.  Yes, shows correctly now. Thx!  I'm trying another purchase offer now but its taking awhile to show up..will send you the tx for that if it fails to appear.

Also, found a typo.  When entering a mastercoin address for simple send or purchase offer etc, there is a "c" missing from the mastercoin label (masteroin).

Lastly, in case anyone else is eager to try the wallet, I was able to install it fairly easily on Ubuntu 13.04.  One catch was getting qtbindings to install.  For those unaware, like myself, I learned you must install the development package of ruby (sudo apt-get install ruby1.9-dev) because the base package on ubuntu does not include mkmf.  oh, and one other nitpicky thing, when launching the first time in ubuntu and you enter your password and private key.  Entering the private key correctly displays the corresponding address however, it is partially covered up by the "Done" button.  Can't recall if this was also an issue in OS X, and again, these are minor things, at least to me.
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 10:08:46 AM

That explains it.  Yes, shows correctly now. Thx!  I'm trying another purchase offer now but its taking awhile to show up..will send you the tx for that if it fails to appear.

Also, found a typo.  When entering a mastercoin address for simple send or purchase offer etc, there is a "c" missing from the mastercoin label (masteroin).

Lastly, in case anyone else is eager to try the wallet, I was able to install it fairly easily on Ubuntu 13.04.  One catch was getting qtbindings to install.  For those unaware, like myself, I learned you must install the development package of ruby (sudo apt-get install ruby1.9-dev) because the base package on ubuntu does not include mkmf.  oh, and one other nitpicky thing, when launching the first time in ubuntu and you enter your password and private key.  Entering the private key correctly displays the corresponding address however, it is partially covered up by the "Done" button.  Can't recall if this was also an issue in OS X, and again, these are minor things, at least to me.

I just discovered there is a transaction in the blockchain that fails to be parsed by bitcoin-ruby, right now Mastercoin-explorer is stuck at 268560. I'm trying to fix this at the moment. I think it will show up if I can fix it. Will take up the other things Smiley

superfluouso

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:14:21 AM

Well its been over 30 minutes since my 3 tx's were confirmed on the block chain for the latest purchase offer I tried to create and I still don't see it in the wallet - is it this tx?

I'm attempting to buy 0.227 Test MSC from 1EdAjiApS5cCpHdH4RKPMab1xmMVRWjLvk again using 16rAwebBXhJAM9ALf3fLFbaHKz24r2o3UN

Date: 11/9/13 21:56
To: 1EdAjiApS5cCpHdH4RKPMab1xmMVRWjLvk
Debit: -0.00006 BTC
To: 1EXoDusjGwvnjZUyKkxZ4UHEf77z6A5S4P
Debit: -0.00006 BTC
Debit: -0.00012 BTC
Transaction fee: -0.001 BTC
Net amount: -0.00124 BTC
Transaction ID: 75990828a7f18fe1a6fd1b3baa9e04d6ec665e811c797113a4e3133b7b084b4c

Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 10:20:20 AM

No it has nothing to do with you, or Mastercoin in general. Mastercoin-explorer uses a alternative Bitcoin implementation in ruby to parse the blockchain. There is a problem parsing one of the transactions after block 268560 and it's stuck here. I will need to see if I can patch Bitcoin-ruby this will solve the issues.

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:00:40 AM

A question about the "Top 50" list at Mastercoin-explorer:
http://mastercoin-explorer.com/addresses

It seems some addresses are excluded, why is that? Privacy reasons?

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: