Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:00:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The collective Mastercoin-explorer, Mastercoin-ruby and Mastercoin-wallet topic  (Read 19552 times)
Tachikoma (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:34:35 AM

Hmm no, that's weird. It checks my database for all transactions it saw and collects those addresses. I had some problems over the last few days I'm guessing somehow my db might have lost data. Do you have some specifics addresses I can test to see why there are missing?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:37:57 AM

Hmm no, that's weird. It checks my database for all transactions it saw and collects those addresses. I had some problems over the last few days I'm guessing somehow my db might have lost data. Do you have some specifics addresses I can test to see why there are missing?

The most obvious one is what I think must be J.R.'s address, holding the largest chunk of Mastercoins:
http://mastercoin-explorer.com/addresses/15WrQhYhHts7jTMoGJ9rDCD12JuCTKy7MM

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:43:39 AM

Found it, should be fixed.

I'm writing a test-suite and updating my validation rules at the same time. I did not make an exception for Exodus transactions yet and they fail my verification rules... I'm not censoring sorry for giving that impression Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:44:59 AM

Found it, should be fixed.

I'm writing a test-suite and updating my validation rules at the same time. I did not make an exception for Exodus transactions yet and they fail my verification rules... I'm not censoring sorry for giving that impression Smiley

Great, looks much better now!

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
gurcani

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:22:06 PM

Trying to understand how it works...

so I have two questions:

1) is this supposed to work?

http://mastercoin-explorer.com/order_books

I tried to realize to first transaction. I can see the transaction it generates but when I try to sign it I get a

"complete" : false

And yes I unlocked my wallet. I wonder if I am doing something wrong or maybe it is not functional yet.

2) Another question is when I use the api:

http://mastercoin-explorer.com/api/v1/selling_offers.json

and parse it with python. I see that there are more orders than that are visible on the web interface. What are they? Are they invalid orders or filled orders or something? Currently I can't run the ruby interface so maybe it would have been clear if I did.

thanks,
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 08:25:21 PM

Trying to understand how it works...

so I have two questions:

1) is this supposed to work?

I tried to realize to first transaction. I can see the transaction it generates but when I try to sign it I get a

And yes I unlocked my wallet. I wonder if I am doing something wrong or maybe it is not functional yet.

I already successfully used it, so yes it should work. Try using decoderawtransaction and check if you do in fact own the input it's using. Or feel free to paste the decoded transaction if you don't know how to read it and I will take a look at it.

2) Another question is when I use the api:

http://mastercoin-explorer.com/api/v1/selling_offers.json

and parse it with python. I see that there are more orders than that are visible on the web interface. What are they? Are they invalid orders or filled orders or something? Currently I can't run the ruby interface so maybe it would have been clear if I did.

thanks,

These are all the selling offers. I only display the latest one per address that are not all used up on the website.

jawnzer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:55:21 AM

I feel like an absolute dunce right now. I am not a programmer/developer so for me to get this far I was quite proud of my self (had to go through and re install qt through the pull request you posted tach. But now that I have everything installed, where do I go to actually open the program.......  Embarrassed
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 09:00:07 AM

Open a terminal and type: mastercoin-wallet ^^

gurcani

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:51:05 AM

As a note to the people who may run into the same problem in the future.

Once the blockchain download was complete, I could sign. So apparently, this was happening because I tried to sign before downloading the blockchain completely. It was probably checking for the balance on the bitcoin address. This wasn't obvious for me as I was acting under the assumption that I didn't need the blockchain to sign something.
gurcani

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:56:17 AM

so "test mastercoin" is not the same thing as mastercoin right?

Also is there any problem with signing the transaction and not sending it? (I suppose not)

What happens if I sign + send the raw transaction, but not send the bitcoins?

just asking questions to understand how things work.
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:05:35 AM

Test Mastercoins are not the same as Mastercoins, they are a separate currency meant for testing. At this moment there is still some discussion on how to interpret the spec which makes sending real transasctions tricky since things might still change.

You can sign a transaction but unless you send it nothing will happen. If you send the transaction but don't send the coins your offer will expire based on the time set out in the original selling offer.

jawnzer

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:11:00 PM

Much appreciated, all up and running now!
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

Welcome aboard! Smiley

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:35:09 PM

this tutorial might help you

i still need to add screen shots for the sell offer (hopefully in another day or two after i finish some other work)

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2013/11/02/tutorial-test-msc-btc-distributed-exchange-transactions/
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:39:57 PM

i still need to add screen shots for the sell offer (hopefully in another day or two after i finish some other work)

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2013/11/02/tutorial-test-msc-btc-distributed-exchange-transactions/

He is talking about the wallet software, not the website Smiley

jawnzer

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

He is talking about the wallet software, not the website Smiley
Actually that helped quite a bit, step by step like that does help me quite a bit so just going to read over that now. But only able to execute this through Bitcoin-QT? What does QT have over other wallets, like Multibit?
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:52:16 PM

As long as you can sign transactions you can use any client that supports it.

The Mastercoin-wallet software just does all this for you so you don't need an other (Bitcoin) client.

jawnzer

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:48:44 PM

As long as you can sign transactions you can use any client that supports it.

The Mastercoin-wallet software just does all this for you so you don't need an other (Bitcoin) client.

Ahhh, okay so that website did throw me off a bit. The last thing, hopefully, is getting the private key. That's where I was a little thrown off by that site, do I need a bitcoin client to generate a private address for me?
Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 08:49:36 PM

The idea is that you have a normal bitcoin wallet and reserve one of the addresses there as your Mastercoin address. You dump that key Smiley

Tachikoma (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 11:20:12 PM

Mastercoin-explorer is now upgraded and running on a SSD. It's currently catching up on the day it missed but should be up-to-date within a few hours.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: