Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:43:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MEW update? is this true?  (Read 453 times)
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:01:21 PM

I always check the information that comes to me through the official twitter accounts of developers, projects. I think that this is the best way to check. Or write on their official e-mail address.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:04:48 PM

Hai all, I've got this email today :

What will you see?

Dear MyEtherWallet Member:

In connection with the recent theft of a large amount of ETHERs from users' wallets, we have adopted new security measures. We have done a great work and ready to share with our users!

update the private key encryption protocol (completed)
    update the site protection against phishing attacks (completed)
    update traffic encryption from third parties (completed)
    transition to a new private key generation system with Secp256k1 on ECDSA (in progress)

HOORAY!

This is a huge success for our team and the entire crypto community. Unfortunately, the new computer code for generating private keys is already ready and we will implement it this fall.

You need to fill out the form and reserve a place for yourself. The form will be open from 16:00 GMT+8 on 30th March, 2018 to 16:00 GMT+8 on 30th September, 2018. Otherwise, you will not be able to activate your account with the old encryption key Secp256k1 from October 1, 2018.
Fill me Smiley

MAKING CRYPTO GREAT AGAIN!

Jack Warton
MyEtherWallet & MyEtherWallet CX developer
1044 Sunny Day Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92705
2 April, 2018
=======================================
is this true? or phising?
Do not use email attachments, so use Bookmark for peace of mind! I usually like that!
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:06:46 PM

Hai all, I've got this email today :

What will you see?

Dear MyEtherWallet Member:

In connection with the recent theft of a large amount of ETHERs from users' wallets, we have adopted new security measures. We have done a great work and ready to share with our users!

update the private key encryption protocol (completed)
    update the site protection against phishing attacks (completed)
    update traffic encryption from third parties (completed)
    transition to a new private key generation system with Secp256k1 on ECDSA (in progress)

HOORAY!

This is a huge success for our team and the entire crypto community. Unfortunately, the new computer code for generating private keys is already ready and we will implement it this fall.

You need to fill out the form and reserve a place for yourself. The form will be open from 16:00 GMT+8 on 30th March, 2018 to 16:00 GMT+8 on 30th September, 2018. Otherwise, you will not be able to activate your account with the old encryption key Secp256k1 from October 1, 2018.
Fill me Smiley

MAKING CRYPTO GREAT AGAIN!

Jack Warton
MyEtherWallet & MyEtherWallet CX developer
1044 Sunny Day Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92705
2 April, 2018
=======================================
is this true? or phising?

I don't need to even finish reading before concluding that this is a scam attempt. The mean reason for that is because even when opening an account on MEW, I can't remember registering with email address how then did they have access to have sent the mail  to it. Its just a cheap way and they are asking you to fill some details, I hope you have not fallen for this because if you have, then its purely your fault and your funds is never coming back.
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:08:51 PM

There is no email questions when we create an ethereum wallet in myetherwallet
How can MEW sent you an message to your email address ? Just Becareful my friend

gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:11:16 PM

e-mail from MEW?
I use also MEW,  but i can not remind me does i have register with a e-mail adress.

so i think is not a legal e-mail.
I also don't get email from MEW, is this news right? should be accompanied by a link.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:12:16 PM

I have not received any email from myetherwallet, while i have a wallet with them from many years, so looks like the email guys are looking for your private info to access your wallet, i will suggest not to reply them or click any links in that email to stay safe.

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:12:43 PM

I'm going to guess about it, the form you need to fill up ask your private key? and the wallet address? just a guess well don't open any attachment from that email as it may infect your own PC or device with a virus attached to the file, just like others opinion this is an attempted phishing and hacking from hackers via email, they will not gonna announce something from a suspicious email as they are not asking email to create a wallet in the first place, how the hell they will know your own email? as far as I know, they always do the updates on the official website and social media.
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:13:23 PM

My believe is that this kind of mails created by the scammer rackets, whose are always makes plans to stolen the coins of innocent peoples by hacking their private keys. As we all know that while creating the MEW, at that time MEW is not asked about our mail address, then how MEW can send us mail.  Please do not reply to any of these types of mail and should be promptly deleted if you want to save your coins.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
thongs

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:13:31 PM

Good news for all the MEW holders, at least now their burden about their account will lessen if that is true, but for sure it might true as the MEW team will do something about the number of holders hacking their account.

CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 03:18:45 PM

It immediately looks like phishing. MEW developers will not send you email, they will notify their users on the official website. Especially since we do not specify mail when registering, then where do they know it from?  Cool

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:22:41 PM

Any emails from MEW = a phishing scam mail . The first thing you need to ask your self is , did I sign up with my email ? the answer is no of course , then how the hell they got my email ! the answer is they didn't got your email and this is just a scam that a lot of users fall for it and there is already a lot of threads warning people from it .

NEVER GO TO EXCHANGE OR YOUR WALLET FROM A LINK SENT BY EMAIL OR IN CHAT .
conanmori

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:23:48 PM

MEW Team will never email anyone cause they dont have any datas about their user email so this kind of tactic is obvious as scam. Dont trust anything about emails that you recieved better dont click anything that you dont know if you participated or not. Beware of this kind phising tactics.

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:33:01 PM

Seems like another scam, these are huge updates and I don't understand how these differences avoid phishing attacks because it is nothing to do with my ether wallet.

mysterecryptoooo

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:37:07 PM

An e-mail from MEW, i dont remember receiving one. You need to be more cautious, i never do what they want me to do. As soon as they use the word "Fill", i delete the message. There are a lot of scammers lately. Be careful

▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮WORLDOPOLY▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬
First Augmented  reality game based on blockchain
JOIN OUR   ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:45:17 PM

That is strange! Just be careful not to reply such email.... Looks like someone is trying to scam you. If there is any  genuine development of that kind, then all users of MEW ought to receive the message, but that is not the case.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:47:17 PM

Thanks for notifying us. MEW will never send email since we did not register our emails at all. Please discard all emails claiming they are from MEW.
MilanaPay

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:47:56 PM

I also received a letter today, but I did not even read it, I immediately deleted it. I do not believe that MEW can send us something. Most likely these are swindlers as always  Shocked

De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:51:17 PM

A lot of acquaintances, and I received letters from MEW, I think that there is no need to fill out any forms, you need to be very careful!
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:05:25 PM

Hmm it's a scam actually.
Official MEW won't ask you to fill any form because they have all your data.
Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:12:35 PM

I have not received any email from myetherwallet, while i have a wallet with them from many years, so looks like the email guys are looking for your private info to access your wallet, i will suggest not to reply them or click any links in that email to stay safe.
the email from this scammer is sending by random, if you never share email or any contact info, you're not get this mail, i don't understand the method their used for getting our personal information if we never share the mail.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: