Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:30:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC at $205? Should I buy into a rally?  (Read 8878 times)
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:38:03 AM

I hope OP did bought at 205 but sold by now or stashed it for years. This bubblepop will go down hard.

If you have 50k btc to dump at once it will go down hard.. for a few hours Smiley
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:32:51 AM

Just as climbing to a higher summit lets you see more of the landscape, if something major needs to happen in the world for Bitcoin to continue growing exponentially, it will happen.

When Bitcoin reached $1, it seemed impossible for it to go to $10 so soon. When Bitcoin reaches $1000, the monumental changes needed for it to reach $10,000 won't seem so monumental. At $10 the BIT would never have been established, but the BIT is the only way for institutional investors to buy.

Higher prices enable higher prices. What once was fantasy soon becomes yesterday's news. This is how exponential growth presents itself in the eyes of linear human thinking.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:51:59 AM

Hindsight is 20/20.

I wish I went all in at $120 a month ago. Sad

If you can afford it, buy at the next dip.

There will be one or two more chances to buy below $215, and it will be a fast ride! Smiley
zuckerant

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:56:53 AM

As a newbie I got burned last week with an all-in.

How come you got burned? Did you sell?

Most unsuccessful buys turn successful in weeks, and the rest after a little bit longer time...

very right.
even the guys who bought at ath in april (i recall reading a post from someone who put a house loan into the ath) will soon be relieved. that is, if they had the balls and waited.
I started 3 weeks ago with more cash after experimenting with bitcoins in september and stopping for a few weeks in between. I guess I thought I'd make more money by waiting for drops. In hindsight I'd have hold them.
The drops got more unpredictable - my lows where too low *gg* or didn't happened at the time - and the whale or (only) shark on bitstamp is pushing the price too fast.

In the last few days I lost more than I made before and have a loss of 18% over holding. Sad

I join the group of holders. More profit and less wasting of time. Smiley
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:00:47 AM

There will be one or two more chances to buy below $215, and it will be a fast ride! Smiley

This prediction was made yesterday, but may already turn outdated.

If a long-standing ATH is crushed, there is no looking back. Even the post-next-bubble-low does not go as low as $266.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:07:58 AM

If a long-standing ATH is crushed, there is no looking back. Even the post-next-bubble-low does not go as low as $266.

Exactly, bitcoin never went below the previous ATH after a run. So not only you can forget double digits as the time when the coins were still cheap, but $266 is history as well.

The only thing I don't like about bitcoin is that you seem to never have enough of it no matter how much you invest Smiley Probably just greed. I should go troll the bears.

i am satoshi
zuckerant

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:35:07 AM

"Glad" to hear that from both of you. I cancelled my bids @ $25x hours ago and bought in again few dollars higher because of fear that it will NEVER get this low again.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:28:55 AM

I guess this question is answered: yes, don't be scared to buy. These price moves are the toenails of the colossus.
Siegfried

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:00:20 PM

I guess this question is answered: yes, don't be scared to buy. These price moves are the toenails of the colossus.

Wonderful metaphor.
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:16:47 PM

I guess this question is answered: yes, don't be scared to buy.
So true.  The question I posed in the title of this thread literally answers itself now.
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:32:55 PM

How about this strategy?

1. buy periodically in increments
2. buy on a dip/crash in increments
3. hold

If I skip #1, I might "miss the boat".  If I skip #2, I don't take advantage of low prices effectively enough.  If I go all-in instead of buying incrementally and the price goes lower, I won't be able to lower my average cost by buying again.  #3 is key.
barbs

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:47:24 PM

Never say never - this one is much higher than the last and the downside risk is higher, imho, uncharted territory would be the best way to say this, although you're probably right.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:51:01 PM

How about this strategy?

1. buy periodically in increments
2. buy on a dip/crash in increments
3. hold

If I skip #1, I might "miss the boat".  If I skip #2, I don't take advantage of low prices effectively enough.  If I go all-in instead of buying incrementally and the price goes lower, I won't be able to lower my average cost by buying again.  #3 is key.

My wife (Bitchick) said #2 while the price was at $208.  She wanted to wait since we just bought at $198 the week before.  She thanked me this morning for not listening to her.  Shocked  (Has that ever happened before?  A wife thanking her husband for not listening? Smiley )

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:42:16 PM

Never say never - this one is much higher than the last and the downside risk is higher, imho, uncharted territory would be the best way to say this, although you're probably right.

this is assuming people who making dumps never learn. Why someone would drop millions of dollars just to try buy back few more bitcoins cheaper. They will be really rich without it.

amadeo

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:01:20 AM

The problem is that this time China is in the rally, and that means that there might be people speculating that can have that fear that leads us to a price correction/bubble crash, I think.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:15:04 AM

this is assuming people who making dumps never learn. Why someone would drop millions of dollars just to try buy back few more bitcoins cheaper. They will be really rich without it.

People, especially investors, like to do things to the edge.

Helps to lower dollar cost average of the buy in too.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:09:31 AM

This time. yes.

Be humble!
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:20:39 AM

You should always buy into a  rally unless BTC has gained an entire extra didgit from its last long-standing ATH.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: