Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:21:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG! Merit Farming  (Read 583 times)
1993jochico (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:34:19 PM

Briefly, this is one of the most favorable approach of merit beggars to earn merits. Serious users, especially high ranked users tend to hate spammers, merit farmers, merit exchangers, hence they tend to give their sMerits away easier to such merit-abused report.
I highly appreciate the topic author to catch those abusers and help cleaning up the forum. However, I don't think that spend most of time in the forum to do this task is the right decision.
Instead, users should focus on their learning process, spend most of their time to learn, and help other members (if they have ability to help based on their current knowledge, skills, experience). If they find abusers by chance, let's report them to moderators.
I don't think they should only focus on finding and reporting abusers during their time in the forum.
Cheers,
No for me its worth it! Aside from contributing a good thing in this community, I really hate those kind of users because it decreases our chance to get some merit they are affecting the circulation and that is why I want them to get punished by the admins.

This is great that this OP investigates this abuse and I appreciate this too.

Still, if we fight spam then there should be a pinned topic for merit system abuse where you can add your findings. Why open hundred merit abuse threads?

As I already stated in the OP, I separated this topic because it is a big one case if this case is not that big I will add this to my old merit abuse compilation.

There is no rules here I violated and I dont do this for merits for me the big reward here is to get them punished and merit is just a bonus.

Edit: Besides I already know that it will be too impossible for me to rank up to Full-member because I know how hard to get merits now.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkKnightNeverDie

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:59:34 PM

Hunting merit abusers, then you will collect enough merits to move up to Full member rank.
However, hunting is no longer a hot trend for merit beggars.

What's next if you can not find abusers in the next 6-9 months (just assumption), you will fall further behind others due to you don;'t spend your time to get more knowledge, and mainly focus on hunting abusers.
Anyway, Good luck with your approach.
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:44:28 PM

People report others as this way, and I hate to admit it, but this kind of people are envious of others,  I saw thread same like this before... he just need to place it there and not to create another thread for him to say "I made separately" or just pm moderators and they will just do their part...
Tsk.....

This could just lead to spam conversation...
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:13:37 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 04:32:45 PM by coolcoinz

Obvious sock puppets. One of the biggest giveaway is the fact that nobody ever post their location on their profile, yet this person did on all of the accounts. I guess thinking that by putting different countries it would be less connecting.

It's some Russian farmer. Probably most of them are the same person, or they met in the Russian local section and decided to help each other with merits.
I wonder why they're taking the risk when it's so easy to spot. I don't think going from Sr to Hero is worth negative trust exposing all your farmed accounts.

This guy posts almost exclusively by copying articles into the press section:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=856233
And claims to be located in Canada.

I expect that it's his way of farming English posts that count towards the campaign that he's in. In reality the account belongs to a Russian poster. Almost all his early posts were in that language, but the campaigns didn't want to pay for that so he had to adjust. Now he couldn't get merift for those copied posts so he had to adjust again and give some merit to himself.

Don't be a rat. Jeez.

I think it's great that people are reporting these abusers. Merit was introduced to fight spam and if you look at their posts you'll notice that merit abusers are spammers and account farmers at the same time.

jakeshadows27

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:52:45 PM

Those merit farmer is selfish not all high rank use their power to get merit but it better to get merit with your own cleverness not on buying to make shortcut it like a student you just buying your grade maybe those account is like that merit system is made to make you work hard it not easy get but it will give to the best.please do not buy merit i just making your account to have bad reputation and unfair to other .

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:56:43 AM

THAT WHY IAM DISAGREED ABOUT MERIT !! HIGH RANK CAN SELL MERIT TO OTHER BECAUSE THEY HAVE MUCH SMERIT!! NERF SMERIT,

Don't be angry because of the new system , moderators want us to be more helpful than just copy paste somebody else post , don't be like that , instead of showing that you disagreed you should be thankful because our mod are just molding us to a better poster , not some S poster you know what I mean. Not to discouraged you but learn and read don't waste your time.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: