Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:35:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oyster Pearl just scammed us  (Read 6585 times)
yura888

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:52:53 PM

Oyster Pearl dev team just dumped 700k PRL and then informed everyone about a delay in the airdrop.  They are also attempting to deny they did it however the blockchain doesn't lie.  Beware guys. 
This is a very bad news, because I think that this is a good and honest project, and they turn out to be dishonest. Shitteam

fatone

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:20:03 PM

Wow Oyster Pearl just made a statement and answered nothing.

They have been telling us for the last weeks the airdrop is being supported 99.9% and now the project lead says they been negotiating for 6 weeks and having issues communicating with Kucoin.

Then the project lead called us a bunch of chickens in telegram.  LOL

Low class scam project.

https://t.me/oysterprotocol/287453
https://t.me/oysterprotocol/287587
https://t.me/oysterprotocol/287622
lowtalker

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:23:44 PM

Wow Oyster Pearl just made a statement and answered nothing.

They have been telling us for the last weeks the airdrop is being supported 99.9% and now the project lead says they been negotiating for 6 weeks and having issues communicating with Kucoin.

Then the project lead called us a bunch of chickens in telegram.  LOL

Low class scam project.

https://t.me/oysterprotocol/287453
https://t.me/oysterprotocol/287587
https://t.me/oysterprotocol/287622

I was also in the telegram and couldn't believe what I was reading.

First they dodged every real question.
Then called us names.
They provided not 1 shred of evidence about any of this.

When they droop the rest of the 700k watch out below.  That's not even considering the other 5+ million they withdrew.  Appears as if operations are running a bit expensive.
Ardasnails

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 09:24:31 PM

Oyster Pearl dev team just dumped 700k PRL and then informed everyone about a delay in the airdrop.  They are also attempting to deny they did it however the blockchain doesn't lie.  Beware guys. 

this is FUD guys"!!!!! Angry Angry Angry
goldenboydiego

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:27:46 PM

this is FUD guys"!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

Yup they just moved dev funds to Kucoin for fun.  LOL

https://etherscan.io/token/0x1844b21593262668b7248d0f57a220caaba46ab9?a=0x6664650f564a4cb65abeadce4b84b81bd9a570b7

Don't fall for it guys.  They are dumping on the buyers. 

They have a core group of about 20 fan boys that will try to sell you anything.  Go read the telegram from 4PM on and see if they gave any real answers for yourself.  Take note on all the dodged questions (provided they didn't censor them)
creativenl

Activity: 283
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:29:16 PM

Stop the fud.
Not true at all.
The team explained everything so don’t spread lies.
Ardasnails

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 09:30:04 PM

Your just jealous you didn't get in early to a good performing project
hiphophf

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:33:43 PM

Huge sell walls happening on Kucoin.  I guess the explanation with didn't pan out.

Very surprising they were telling everyone the airdrop was 99.99% when they were still in negotiations.  Looks like the memo the team put out skipped that part.

I don't doubt trading on insider news took place.   Lying scum.  Sorry to all the investors who got caught in the lie.  

They needed 6 million for expenses for this quarter.  OMFG  That looks bad considering they only had 30 Million in the Dev wallet.  Money is burning out of control. 
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:35:54 PM

I have checked out the chart in Kucoin of PRL and do really see some serious dip on the price seeing those red candles but I don't know if those tokens are the part of 700k or just those conventional traders did dump their PRL because of this FUD? This isn't a shitty project and I can really able to say such thing.If devs tend to dump their token holdings then price would majorly affected.As of now I don't see an abnormal price decrease.Its just minimal.
hiphophf

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:40:22 PM

I have checked out the chart in Kucoin of PRL and do really see some serious dip on the price seeing those red candles but I don't know if those tokens are the part of 700k or just those conventional traders did dump their PRL because of this FUD? This isn't a shitty project and I can really able to say such thing.If devs tend to dump their token holdings then price would majorly affected.As of now I don't see an abnormal price decrease.Its just minimal.

Only about 13 BTC till 0 (kucoin prl/btc).  There is no one buying and those sell walls are huge.  That must be the dev teams attempt to dump.
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:43:39 PM

This is a very unfortunate situation and brings a bad reputation to the cryptocurrency world.  Projects can make so much more money the legit way if they had good intentions on developing the project instead of scamming the community this way.  This is another reason not to invest in anonymous team projects.
jarob44x

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:48:35 PM

Never trust an anonymous project.  There is a reason he is hiding himself.  It's so you and the law don't go after him once the scam is obvious to all.  It seem there may still be a few blind followers protecting the cause.

Oyster is based in the United States.  May be a good idea to contact the SEC if anyone lost a lot of money.  You know they are chomping at the bit to to be in the middle of crypto.  This one seems so bad that maybe they would step in.  May not save you but will help out others from falling for such tactics.  

They are completely caught in the lie. 
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:49:54 PM

Be careful with these coins under top 30. I remember with prl were problem on their bounty distribution.
creativenl

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:52:47 PM

FUD !!!!
DON’T BELIEVE THESE GUYS
THIS IS A COPY FROM REDDIT.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Oyster/comments/895bm2/clarification_on_snapshot_movement_and_dev_funds/

Dear Oyster Community,
Given the events of today and in the sake of transparency, we wanted to address the community around a few controversial items and make sure everyone was aware of where things stand.

SHL Airdrop – This delay was quite unfortunate. We received word that we were moving forward with April 13th this morning and posted the news within our Medium post shortly thereafter. We originally reached out to KuCoin in mid-February around collaborating on this event and unfortunately things dragged out much further than we would have like. After hearing back from the KuCoin team this morning, April 6th posed a threat to KuCoin’s ability to participate in the airdrop and noted that April 13th would provide enough time for the team to be comfortably prepared for this event. We realize there is some disagreement within our community on making this decision but we view KuCoin as a strong business partner and believe this is the best path for SHL’s long-term success. With KuCoin supporting the airdrop, we believe that our odds of eventually trading on the platform have improved exponentially. Without their support, we would have limited options in the way of exchanges to provide our investors liquidity, which is particularly critical to establishing value for an airdropped token. We wish we would have been able to accomplish this all by April 6th but we had to make the decision to push back the snapshot date in the best long-term interest of the project.

Wallet Movement – As announced earlier today, we moved 6.7M from the main wallet to one of our holding wallets. These funds cover a wide variety of items, including (but not limited to):

• Long-Term Incentive Comp for Management

• Operations (salaries, services, marketing, PR, software, etc.)

• Other One-Time Items (listing fees, project-related fees, etc.)

As we have committed to quarterly movements (originally, at the behest of the community to provide better clarity around changes to our main developer wallet), we tend to over-estimate our funding need and envision that we will not need to move or sell that amount in order to raise any necessary funds. Given the volatility within this space, we would prefer to be conservative there than potentially underestimate a funding need due to near-term selling pressure.

Unlike traditional ICO’s, the Oyster team is not sitting on a treasure trove of funding that provides cash runway for years to come. We need to continuously raise funding in order to keep everything in motion and unfortunately that means we need to occasionally sell PRL into the market. As a business (and as the only individual selling PRL in the company’s name), we go out of our way to ensure any sales we do ultimately make have no significant market impact and never “bully” the market. We realize the timing of the wallet movement with the airdrop delay announcement was a poor look optically but this has been publicly stated since mid-February. Any allegations of impropriety leading up to the SHL announcement are without merit.

Regardless, we apologize for a tumultuous series of events and any near-term volatility that may have occurred as a result. We are supremely confident in the near and long-term vision of the project and hope all within our community feel the same way.
Thanks,
Bill (CFO)
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:54:12 PM

This really sucks. I didn't even participate in the first airdrop for PRL itself, those lucky people, and now this.

As if the bear market isn't bad enough. Let's hope for the best though.
jarob44x

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:55:30 PM

Holy smokes they dumped 6.7 million tokens out of 30 million this quarter.  This project is very sick.  They wont be around much longer as those funds are gonna dry up quick.

Good thing they are compensating the management though.  Even though they are making a complete mess of things. 

Meanwhile investors get spanked.

From Reddit

Wallet Movement – As announced earlier today, we moved 6.7M from the main wallet to one of our holding wallets. These funds cover a wide variety of items, including (but not limited to):

• Long-Term Incentive Comp for Management
creativenl

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:57:08 PM

Stop spreading false information.
Read this explanation from the team

https://www.reddit.com/r/Oyster/comments/895bm2/clarification_on_snapshot_movement_and_dev_funds/
xdiv

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:58:31 PM

Literally all of these posts seem like coordinated FUD.

I made an account here just to say that almost everything here has been debunked many times.

The 6.7M token part especially...they take out a specific amount every quarter. This has been talked about before many times, it's nothing new. And you have to be stupid to think that they would dump 700K on the market just like that when it's over the Kucoin volume. That would wipe out the order book.

As Bruno would say, you're all frantic chickens.
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:00:08 PM

Holy shit. Do you have a source for this? I received some of their tokens during the airdrop.

I dumped around 50% of it some weeks ago. Any proof available?

Don't trust any exchange!
Packers1985

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

CHEERS

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:04:06 PM

Lol some stupid fudder wants to spread some stupid news and the so called crypto gurus are here with suggestions like dont invest in so and so..

Seriously come on guys read about the issues with KUCOIN support first(literally how many projects were complaining about their support) and more over the team did release an article in early feb saying that they would release some tokens from dev wallet on quarterly basis and yesterday was the day 1 in the new quarter.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: