Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:04:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Oyster Pearl just scammed us  (Read 6585 times)
Hopewell12

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:00:33 AM

Thanks to everyone in the Bitcointalk community for looking out and exposing these scams.  With links!!   Its great to know we are keeping an eye out for each other and doing our best to expose these scams. 
btctuxedo

Activity: 285
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:24:51 AM

Not sure why the CEO is shown as a blue ball & I will keep a close eye on this project. Sometimes people spread FUD so they can create panic and get tokens for low price...

For the time being, I will be waiting for the market to recover before adding this coin to my portfolio.

cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:08:25 AM

I still remember when the token was 2 cents but I didn't buy any because the team only consisted of 3 people back then, the ico didn't do well and Bruno Block was anonymous. Oyster jumped from 2 cents on 12/11 to ath of $4.80 on 01/07/2018. Less than 1 month. With $10k, you could have bought 500,000 pearls and became a millionaire in under 1 month.

I still believe in the project. They rebranded, released a testnet, hired Chris Gardner as new CMO, etc. If they wanted to take the money and run, they could have done it in December/Jan. But they didn't and it's April.

And what if Bruno Block is Satoshi Nakamoto?

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
gunther99

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:30:04 AM

Never trust an anonymous project.  There is a reason he is hiding himself.  It's so you and the law don't go after him once the scam is obvious to all.  It seem there may still be a few blind followers protecting the cause.

Oyster is based in the United States.  May be a good idea to contact the SEC if anyone lost a lot of money.  You know they are chomping at the bit to to be in the middle of crypto.  This one seems so bad that maybe they would step in.  May not save you but will help out others from falling for such tactics.  

They are completely caught in the lie. 

Zcoin Monero and Onion is anonymous project too
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:49:06 AM

I was suspicious of them from the start.

Every now and then there is a coin that gets shilled hard here in the altcoin forum.  Bitconnect, verge, bitcoin fuji, and oyster pearl about three four months ago.
I am always suspicious when a no name, no use, shitcoin suddenly gets pumped and pushed hard.
Many jumped onto these forums proclaiming it to be better than iota and a hidden gem and all that.

I tested it out and wasn't really impressed.  Nano (previously raiblocks) just blows any "3rd generation" coin out of the water and it has market awareness.

And now this.  This is the magic of blockchain tecnology, it is all algorythms and mathematics, it doesn't lie.
So if you see that large amount being dumped on you, then that is exactly what happened.
They can deny or change the narrative as much as they want, but it doesn't change the facts.
that's why it is important to looks at things like a projects github or just explore their blockchain.
If it's hard to make sense of the tech side, just screenshot it and ask about it on reddit or here, there is always a techie that can interpret it for you.

Good luck to all of those heavily invested in oyster pearl.
You are going to need it.

Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:53:55 AM

The current obvious oyster is inconsistent with their statement.
although this project is great at the beginning if like this they remain shady and no clarification of what happened they will disappoint the person who supports his project.

magmaman

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:59:40 AM

I was suspicious of them from the start.

Every now and then there is a coin that gets shilled hard here in the altcoin forum.  Bitconnect, verge, bitcoin fuji, and oyster pearl about three four months ago.
I am always suspicious when a no name, no use, shitcoin suddenly gets pumped and pushed hard.
Many jumped onto these forums proclaiming it to be better than iota and a hidden gem and all that.

I tested it out and wasn't really impressed.  Nano (previously raiblocks) just blows any "3rd generation" coin out of the water and it has market awareness.

And now this.  This is the magic of blockchain tecnology, it is all algorythms and mathematics, it doesn't lie.
So if you see that large amount being dumped on you, then that is exactly what happened.
They can deny or change the narrative as much as they want, but it doesn't change the facts.
that's why it is important to looks at things like a projects github or just explore their blockchain.
If it's hard to make sense of the tech side, just screenshot it and ask about it on reddit or here, there is always a techie that can interpret it for you.

Good luck to all of those heavily invested in oyster pearl.
You are going to need it.

This is a great comment. 

I am guilty of falling for the pump and hype.  I'm very disappointing in myself for falling for it especially since the project lead is unknown.

I visit the telegram occasionally and they straight lied to the investors with the 99.99% shilling from the admin team.  Come to find out when they get caught with their hands in the cookie jar all of a sudden they had issues with Kucoin for the last 6 weeks.  They will say anything to get one more dump on unsuspecting investors.  The links are here to prove they lied.

The telegram is an echo chamber filled with about 15 fan boys (may be the dev team with multiple accounts) acting as if this is all legit and nothing was done wrong.  I'm glad we have BCT as they cannot censor the information here. 

rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 03:01:45 AM

The project creater and lead is anonymous.  I guess we know why now.  

To add insult to injury Bruno Block (the annon project lead) was on telegram last night telling us how he just got finished talking with kucoin.  In the next 12 hr period he dumped then announced the bad news.  So he 100% knew before the dump.  The Telegram mods are in there trying to deny it but you can follow the dev wallet transactions.  So its fairly bad that they are denying this happened.  

Here is the proof

https://etherscan.io/token/0x1844b21593262668b7248d0f57a220caaba46ab9?a=0x6664650f564a4cb65abeadce4b84b81bd9a570b7

What? This is so embarrassing. That's why I still don't trust 100% of ICOs that have an anonymous DEV or team.
Let's make this cases for a lesson learned. Crypto is a very wild world. Always take a precaution every time.

magmaman

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:22:15 AM

Looks like they will censor things now.

https://t.me/oysterprotocol/289089
Packers1985

Activity: 364

CHEERS

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:54:03 AM

Not sure why the CEO is shown as a blue ball & I will keep a close eye on this project. Sometimes people spread FUD so they can create panic and get tokens for low price...

For the time being, I will be waiting for the market to recover before adding this coin to my portfolio.
The only reason he tried to stay anonymous is because of the anonymity(lol someone in the above are comparing a privacy coin to the privacy storage.)

Half of these guys have no knowledge what this coin is about and dont even read the otherside of the story and pass judgements.
There is already a reddit post in which they gave all the clarifications, but the funny thing is even reputed members(who has a ranking more than jr.member) making such comments without any proper research.

Anyhow for now we are enjoying with the official announcement by kucoin.

iconoclast

Activity: 770

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:12:18 AM

You should have half expected this. I avoid any project where the people behind it want to remain anonymous. It is just to easy for them to scam without any reprecussions.

ethergod

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:28:43 AM

If insiders are dumping the token, it doesn't exactly make the token look appealing to investors. If insiders truly believe in a project, they not only won't sell their tokens, but will instead buy or acquire more.
l4w

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:23:12 AM

I got banned from the telegram for criticising how the lead is talking to the community. He said "frantic chicken" and told some people to"apologize publicly". Also they deleted all of my comments and all of the replies to my comments so noone can see that I was just respectfully and calmly stating my opinion... Pretty sad since I really believe in the project. I'm just gonna take profits here and sell everything I have. Sad
creativenl

Activity: 283
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:54:35 AM

I got banned from the telegram for criticising how the lead is talking to the community. He said "frantic chicken" and told some people to"apologize publicly". Also they deleted all of my comments and all of the replies to my comments so noone can see that I was just respectfully and calmly stating my opinion... Pretty sad since I really believe in the project. I'm just gonna take profits here and sell everything I have. Sad

Bye i am glad you are selling. i will buy your pearls with a smile on my face.
Please don't cry in a corner when it starts to moon.
Samolet

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:10:06 AM

I still remember when the token was 2 cents but I didn't buy any because the team only consisted of 3 people back then, the ico didn't do well and Bruno Block was anonymous. Oyster jumped from 2 cents on 12/11 to ath of $4.80 on 01/07/2018. Less than 1 month. With $10k, you could have bought 500,000 pearls and became a millionaire in under 1 month.

I still believe in the project. They rebranded, released a testnet, hired Chris Gardner as new CMO, etc. If they wanted to take the money and run, they could have done it in December/Jan. But they didn't and it's April.

And what if Bruno Block is Satoshi Nakamoto?

I also hold the opinion that the project is serious. It is evident that the guys are working on development. This is one of the most successful of my investments, so I prefer not to trust rumors, especially since for every word of these rumors, there is a sane response from the team.
dewmist

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:15:55 PM

This is the first airdrop announcement for a coin from Kucoin where the price does not skyrocket.  The damn dev team is dumping into the buying.  This thing is going to dump with no pump by the end of things. 

Oyster Pearl clearly was bullshitting us by telling us the airdrop was 99.99% when in fact it was not as proven by the telegram evidence provided.  Hell they even had a bot telling us it was all but done. 

https://t.me/oysterprotocol/287453
https://t.me/oysterprotocol/287587

Then they say oh yeah we moved the 700k to Kucoin but we didn't sell.  WTF?  Roll Eyes  these guys just move coins to Kucoin for the hell of it?  I don't think so.  Well if they didn't dump we know why the price is stuck after the announcement.  It's because they are dumping.  Its either that or the community is dumping.  If they have not dumped you know the 700k is going to get dumped on you eventually along with the other 6+ million pearls they moved from the dev wallet. 

Also if they lied about this can anything be trusted by this project? 

Now it turns out they are going to censor the Telegram channel so that may not be the best place for news anymore as any legit conversations appear to be censored now by the undercover leaders own admission.

What a mess.

dewmist

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:22:29 PM

I saw you (or someone with a handle close to your BTC name) were in there getting hassled for asking legit questions.  Those boys don't allow anything that is not cheer leading and hyping Pearl.  Pretty bad when the project lead hires a firm to take care of marketing and spouts off the most bizarre things in a rampage of emotions (kinda reminds me of the EBTC guy - check that chart out).  I wouldn't expect the leader of a serious project to call his investors names, allow admins and his telegram bot to spread false information as they dump Pearls on the market and now being proud of his censoring of the channel.

If you don't believe it go in to telegram and ask the hard questions and demand real proof.  They will first attempt to bs you and if you become persistent you are banned. 

No project can live being run like this even if it had good intentions.  Let alone this calamity.
l4w

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:57:29 PM

I saw you (or someone with a handle close to your BTC name) were in there getting hassled for asking legit questions.  Those boys don't allow anything that is not cheer leading and hyping Pearl.  Pretty bad when the project lead hires a firm to take care of marketing and spouts off the most bizarre things in a rampage of emotions (kinda reminds me of the EBTC guy - check that chart out).  I wouldn't expect the leader of a serious project to call his investors names, allow admins and his telegram bot to spread false information as they dump Pearls on the market and now being proud of his censoring of the channel.

If you don't believe it go in to telegram and ask the hard questions and demand real proof.  They will first attempt to bs you and if you become persistent you are banned. 

No project can live being run like this even if it had good intentions.  Let alone this calamity.

Yeah kind of a bummer since I had quite a big amount of my portfolio in PRL. I even gave the team credit for at least trying to solve the situation and not just ignoring the community, but when I critizised the lead just in the slightest he banned me and deleted all of my comments.
l4w

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:58:38 PM

Sure, buddy. They might moon, it's a decent project, I'm not denying that. But how the lead talks to the community and handles
things is just unnaccetable so I'm just taking my current profits. Smiley
dewmist

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:24:25 PM

Sure, buddy. They might moon, it's a decent project, I'm not denying that. But how the lead talks to the community and handles
things is just unnaccetable so I'm just taking my current profits. Smiley

I held over 100k and dumped all as soon as I saw Bruno say he had having trouble with communication for over 6 weeks with Kucoin.  All the while the admins were saying we were 99% a sure thing on Kucoin.  They were straight lying to us.  If they sold during that period (which they have admitted to) it's insider trading and illegal.  I'm writing to the SEC this week and see what I can have done as they are incorporated in Delaware.  

Then when the admins act like they are not going to sell the 700k even though it was moved to Kucoin you know the fix is in.

I also notice they are scrubbing posts in the telegram channel as well trying to get rid of all the 99% talk.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: