Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:47:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ETH upgrading now to PoW/PoS ?  (Read 415 times)
Lamsterpaul (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:55:50 PM

Have someone infos ? And what are to expact to mining users?

Is mining ETH then also possible ?

https://tokenthusiast.com/2018/04/02/ffg-casper-will-reduce-proof-of-work-miners-block-reward-to-0-6-eth/
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:07:07 PM

According to the ETH Reddit they will post the timeline hopefully sometime next week during the dev meeting.

But yes it looks like the block rewards will get reduced.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:13:20 PM

Reward per blocked reduce !! if that happen then it is time to switch my rigs to another coin or maybe even shut them down all together . The current ROI is a joke can not even think about what the ROI will be after reward reduced . This gonna be a disaster to a lot of GPU miners .  Undecided
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:17:28 PM

Reward per blocked reduce !! if that happen then it is time to switch my rigs to another coin or maybe even shut them down all together . The current ROI is a joke can not even think about what the ROI will be after reward reduced . This gonna be a disaster to a lot of GPU miners .  Undecided

may be not ..........it's sure better then ASIC killing it ..........an at this point till id  say the 2 or 3rd Q prices will stay low so if ROI is your bag GL ....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:23:27 PM

R.I.P GPU mining
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:39:50 PM

To start with, I believe this is only every 50 blocks.
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:43:47 PM

ETH PoS is coming  and the ETH ASICs will come for sale like always .... the ASIC companies that they mine hidden ETH they will try again to selll garbage
Watch !!
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:03:04 AM

interesting times.....
hopefully the situation will change in few months.... or not gonna see
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 01:54:56 AM

are all you people saying "RIP GPU mining" or "im shutting down" predominately running AMD cards?

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:59:12 AM

are all you people saying "RIP GPU mining" or "im shutting down" predominately running AMD cards?

I'm running AMD cards, but I've never said those things.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:56:03 AM

as long as the mining rig can still mine ETH and if GPU (VRAM) is bigger than Dag file also if eth has not POS status, it can still be possible.

Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:59:07 AM

Unfortunately that is the end result with GPU mining and big money moving in to the scene. Look at a lot of companies now buying mining farms who have distribution links to the GPU manufacturers.
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:21:09 AM

anyone know's the hashrate and other parm. of this "ghost ASICS"
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:27:54 AM

Relax, sooner or later there will be a new Blockchain with brand new foundations of code that will be different and enable GPU mining to be revived.

Happened after Bitcoin lost GPU mining to ASICs and then Ethereum turned up.

Now Ethereum is losing GPU mining to ASICs/PoS then a new Blockchain will turn up.

History always repeats itself.

Merit me or don't.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:53:39 AM

Unfortunately that is the end result with GPU mining and big money moving in to the scene. Look at a lot of companies now buying mining farms who have distribution links to the GPU manufacturers.
very ironic for the current situation, the other side of the mining is dying and the other side the manufacturers compete to release new products. What is really happening.

Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:56:51 AM

We can't deny that GPU mining back to famous by Ethash (ETH of course before forking). Oh, c'mon guys, when (If) ETH was going POS, we have another coins option, still. Smile guys, when I see you smile, I can face the world, LOL.  Grin
Goool

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:01:23 PM

ETH PoS is coming  and the ETH ASICs will come for sale like always .... the ASIC companies that they mine hidden ETH they will try again to selll garbage
Watch !!

DID YOU SEE ?
My guess was correct !
The hidden miner came out ! 

SCAMMERS BITMAIN, now that they heard that the fork is coming they get rid of the doorstops
dhouse

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:08:50 PM

yep GPU mining is dying. i'll kindly take your GPUs off your hands. i'll even pay you a little bit for them! lol
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

Watch !!

DID YOU SEE ?
My guess was correct !

SCAMMERS BITMAIN, now that they heard that the fork is coming they get rid of the doorstops

and at a cheap cut-rate price;  they know they are going to not be profitable;  so they sell them off.....  probably at 2x cost.

People who buy these are going to be limited to old POW Ethash coins.... so get ready for strange things to happen in that realm.

ETH's supply though;  dictates it's price will crumble.   Now we know why it got to such all-time highs:  $hitmain was abusing the ASICS in secret most-likely...

Whomever buys one of these ASICS, I'd love to see nice high res detailed photos of the insides of one of these;  look for dust under the chip edges, etc....

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:16:51 AM

Watch !!

DID YOU SEE ?
My guess was correct !

and at a cheap cut-rate price;  they know they are going to not be profitable;  so they sell them off.....  probably at 2x cost.

People who buy these are going to be limited to old POW Ethash coins.... so get ready for strange things to happen in that realm.

ETH's supply though;  dictates it's price will crumble.   Now we know why it got to such all-time highs:  $hitmain was abusing the ASICS in secret most-likely...

Whomever buys one of these ASICS, I'd love to see nice high res detailed photos of the insides of one of these;  look for dust under the chip edges, etc....

I really wish people would stop giving ASIC manufacturers their money. They're the most predatory and unhelpful aspect of crypto.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: