Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you prepare to share massive wealth?  (Read 591 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:06:05 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2018, 05:13:27 PM by Bit_Happy
Merited by dbshck (1), paxmao (1), funsponge (1), byteball (1)

How would you prepare to share massive wealth?
Not asking about taxes, SEC, MSB's Etc.

• If you knew there was a flood of next-gen wealth being created, and personally just wanted "middle-class freedom to be creative", then who gets the big money?
  • Share with the abused working class? YES! but what ~%?
  • Totally lock out standard Angels and CEO's? Their greedy game is getting banned from Facebook and Google ads.  (??) >>  Search for the "best and brightest" among the mix and mingle ICO elite, or purposely shut them out?
  • Schools and Colleges (virtual at first) for the abused working-class and sock-puppets: Do we actually put effort into helping people, or do a "nice try" and rush to a fast payday with a "almost normal" crowd event.
  • Would YOU (in theory as a discussion) enjoy the experience of preparing for success, or choose to rush to a fast payday just like everyone else?

Main question: In an environment of "almost insane greed", how do you ethically and morally prepare to share massive wealth?

`
`Recent update`

This is a tricky question. I don't believe in simply just blindly helping people...

Yes.
(A simplified version)
"Part One" = How to provably fairly share with people who can afford to invest early, &
"Part Two" == The most productive and fair way to give to people who actually need help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:01:09 PM
Merited by dbshck (1)

I think "wealth" and "sharing wealth" doesn't simply mean to be a billionaire and share money with starving.

Knowledge and data are new gold. The best think that we can make for starving, is to teach them how to solve their problems by themselves.
Money is just a powerful tool, an easy-convertible universal resource. Sure, sometimes you need just simply share money with for i.e. elder people who cannot gain new skills or with funds that will help them. But the best think is to help young generation to obtain the right model of way of thinking, help them to their mind, grow the right priorities. If the sees of wisdom will be in every young person - the world will change very quickly. Most of the problems today are just because of bad education and lack of resources.

So we just need to spread the wisdom, but it is almost impossible without a huge amount of resources.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3523

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:41:32 PM

"share"?

what means this word "share"?

kidding aside i tend to agree with steve_rogers: education is the best way for people to improve their lives and that of their family.

i would probably set up a lot of higher education grants for those who can afford it the least. some at physical universities, some virtual.

i would also invest heavily in to research (mainly medical but unsure on that), probably through university grants. better medicines and treatments will help everyone. well, more or less, as healthcare standards, costs and such vary widely around the world.

gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:25:01 PM

how about to build an NGO, an NGO like help educate everyone about cryptocurrency, trading, and investment. Or help the poor to educate healthy and cheap meals. maybe a skill training seminars all for free.  the best thing to share is to help someone to gain knowledge so they can grow independently.
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:46:47 PM
Merited by funsponge (1)

how about to build an NGO, an NGO like help educate everyone about cryptocurrency, trading, and investment. Or help the poor to educate healthy and cheap meals. maybe a skill training seminars all for free.  the best thing to share is to help someone to gain knowledge so they can grow independently.

I think that we need to satisfy basic needs, firstly. Like to build the houses for all that are in need, and try to automatize the growing of food in order to make it almost free for everyone. Because when you are hungry you can not think about "high" things, and only after that we can educate people about philosophy, medicine, engineering and other important things.
And such things like trading, they don´t lead to "all over the world happiness", the world financial system is a huge scam, which is non-beneficial for common people. 
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:19:03 PM
Merited by Bit_Happy (2)

I think that the future means that a few revolutions are going to happen. The best way I could spend my money is not by sharing it as such, but creating a framework in which everyone can benefit from progress, working less in things they don´t like and more in the things that are purely human, such as arts, creativity, innovation, etc...

The greatest wealth is your own time.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:49:24 PM
Merited by funsponge (1)

"share"?

what means this word "share"?

kidding aside i tend to agree with steve_rogers: education is the best way for people to improve their lives and that of their family.

i would probably set up a lot of higher education grants for those who can afford it the least. some at physical universities, some virtual.

i would also invest heavily in to research (mainly medical but unsure on that), probably through university grants. better medicines and treatments will help everyone. well, more or less, as healthcare standards, costs and such vary widely around the world.

This only affects people who want to learn. Not everyone has the capacity, capability or time to learn. Really what you are doing is creating a fund which will likely be abused by rich and poor. The only way to distribute wealth is on an individual basis. You can't just create a generalized fund which is can be used by a specific group or nationality or whatever.

This has been tried and tested and people will find loop holes or ways of abusing the system. Medicial research wouldn't likely affect everyone either. You are assuming that this newly found medical discoveries will be available to everyone. It would be best in my opinion to set up a system much like the NHS and other medical systems throughout the world which offer free medical care.

None of this bullshit of having to pay for medical care.

I think that the future means that a few revolutions are going to happen. The best way I could spend my money is not by sharing it as such, but creating a framework in which everyone can benefit from progress, working less in things they don´t like and more in the things that are purely human, such as arts, creativity, innovation, etc...

Depending on what you are visualizing here I think this falls into the same traps of the other members generalized approach. Frameworks or grants or something which covers a wide group of people in theory sounds great. But a lot of people who don't really need it will likely abuse it and you only have a limited wealth. The best approach would to actively seek out who needs it the most or something along those lines. After all "With great wealth comes great responsibility" - Bill Gates
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:36:26 PM

Wealth comes from creation of value. I think it is up to the creator to determine what to do with the wealth they have created.
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:28:38 PM

I think that we need to satisfy basic needs, firstly. Like to build the houses for all that are in need, and try to automatize the growing of food in order to make it almost free for everyone. Because when you are hungry you can not think about "high" things, and only after that we can educate people about philosophy, medicine, engineering and other important things.
And such things like trading, they don´t lead to "all over the world happiness", the world financial system is a huge scam, which is non-beneficial for common people.  

I disagree.If you gonna give what people need they will be just dependent on you if you want them to grow, teach them how to grow.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3523

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:39:14 PM
Merited by funsponge (1)

This only affects people who want to learn. Not everyone has the capacity, capability or time to learn. Really what you are doing is creating a fund which will likely be abused by rich and poor. The only way to distribute wealth is on an individual basis. You can't just create a generalized fund which is can be used by a specific group or nationality or whatever.

This has been tried and tested and people will find loop holes or ways of abusing the system. Medicial research wouldn't likely affect everyone either. You are assuming that this newly found medical discoveries will be available to everyone. It would be best in my opinion to set up a system much like the NHS and other medical systems throughout the world which offer free medical care.

None of this bullshit of having to pay for medical care.

so just everyone just gets "x" amount extra?

seems like thats the way to waste it. how many would just blow it on fun times or other useless (for the quality of life of the population in general) endeavors. not that im not against having fun but not with money donated from others that are to be used for the betterment of society in general. the USA medicaid program (supports the poor with free housing food and healthcare) sees massive abuse. why work when you can leech off the system?

those who want to learn would. they would have the capacity be more productive, to improve the general quality of life in their areas by applying what they've learned.

those who dont want to learn wont waste educational resources better allocated to those who would use them for society's benefit.

as for medical advances, sure initially the advances would probably be limited to certain populations (say, the more well off or well connected) but that would fade as the advances trickle down in cost. thats pretty much just the way it goes. not everyone can have a limited resource at once, as initially such treatments would likely be quite costly. eventually it gets to the point that its available to everyone cheaply.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:12:29 PM

so just everyone just gets "x" amount extra?

seems like thats the way to waste it. how many would just blow it on fun times or other useless (for the quality of life of the population in general) endeavors. not that im not against having fun but not with money donated from others that are to be used for the betterment of society in general. the USA medicaid program (supports the poor with free housing food and healthcare) sees massive abuse. why work when you can leech off the system?

those who want to learn would. they would have the capacity be more productive, to improve the general quality of life in their areas by applying what they've learned.

those who dont want to learn wont waste educational resources better allocated to those who would use them for society's benefit.

as for medical advances, sure initially the advances would probably be limited to certain populations (say, the more well off or well connected) but that would fade as the advances trickle down in cost. thats pretty much just the way it goes. not everyone can have a limited resource at once, as initially such treatments would likely be quite costly. eventually it gets to the point that its available to everyone cheaply.
There's no perfect solution and by all means don't think I was attacking your idea. I'm not sure whether giving everyone an x amount would be beneficial. But who are you to say that wasting it on fun times is useless. If you were to bring out grants for education then a lot of those would go to waste too. I think it would be nice to have a comparison to success rates of a free university and one which you have to pay for out of your own pocket. Although this isn't really doable in the real world as different universities have different standards.

I think we might find that success rates would be lower when the person isn't funding it themselves and are just given the money. This is a major problem in several countries where people are giving housing just as you suggested and is abused. This isn't the best option either in my opinion either. But it looks like everyone sees education as the best option when really all education does is gives you an easy time of learning and a piece of paper to say you are certified. Quite frankly it's possible to self teach via free resources in the majority of subjects excluding more advanced ones like medicine.

Plus if you were to give grants to people what if that person was joining university or an education program just to have fun? A lot of people seem to do this and at my time in university I had a few friends which were there just for the parties and lifestyle.
timoshani

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:40:51 PM

Each person will have on your question  the different answer because each person has a different need. For one of the people enough means in 500 dollars of month to feel happy. And for another man  is not  enough a sum of billion dollars  to understand all beauty of the world. Similarly with trading - at most of traders is developed the nonsaturation syndrome therefore they seek to increase the size of the monthly profit . But a similar race - a way to the deadlock.
   Why to earn huge money which doesn't bring happiness and moral satisfaction? In everything there has to be a golden mean. In particular and in trade at the exchange. Because if a trader will not get a habitual profit, that fact will bring him only depressions and a nervous breakdown. And money isn't necessary to the sick person. We must have a enough sum also to feel relative financial freedom. It is already proved that huge money - a dark side and a way to the deadlock.
    It is also difficult to answer the posted question because each country has own level of development of economy and middle-income of the person. Therefore what makes sense for the USA won't be suitable for the African countries.
Slava79

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:14:16 AM

Main question: In an environment of "almost insane greed", how do you ethically and morally prepare to share massive wealth?

I would invented a cryptocurrency with a perfect Proof of Work algorithm where 1 human can produce 1 hash per minute and computers are helpless and stated that amounts of coins mined = percentage of share in this massive wealth.
Berfikirlah

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:08:09 AM

I just prepare mentally, because many people who do not understand the bitcoin world that the work in bitcoin work instantly and no effort, but the workings in bitcoin is enough to drain the mind and requires the technique so it is worth the nominal issued big enough.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:30:30 AM

Time is a huge factor. I have been way too busy lately, but did find time to say "thanks paxmao", for the reminder about the extreme value of precious time.
mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:21:51 PM
Merited by Bit_Happy (2)

This is a tricky question. I don't believe in simply just blindly helping people, because I think most people are for a lack of a better word, scumbags and spoiled. Will you simply give it to the poor, where a large percentage of them are going to buy say the latest iPhone so that they can impress their friends. If you blindly give your money away like that, it's almost the same as burning it.

What I would want is to build something with a foundation, that will last for centuries, where those who care can better help themselves.
barsharkol12

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:05:38 AM

there are a lot of people who is blinded by money.wealth is trash when you are dead.why not share it to these people.. sharing a massive wealth to others will eventually made you feel like you are human. its better to share it to those people who need it the most especially people in africa they strive for hunger and some of them died and eaten by a vulture. and also you can share it to a foundations like home for the aged and for the churches who need expenses.
tumis

Activity: 1022
Merit: 69

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:37:49 AM

No, no , no

Who forces you to live in the midst of enormous greed?
What can you do (as I can guess you have this problem;)

1. You are going to Africa or countries that really have a situation. You organize a team that checks where and how you can do. A non-profit team. You do not help beggars / You help those who really need it / You help to reach a certain stage

2. You give people in Africa a fishing rod instead of a fish. You build, create jobs, schools.

3. You are a happy man

End of story

and btw
Africa is now as it was in 2000 - 2005 in Europe (Internet Age).
So the ideal time for business is also there.
akosipepot

Activity: 377
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:39:59 PM

Had I had the power and money the way I'd share it with the world or help it would be through providing access to the most basics of them all: food, shelter & education. But in order to change the world you have to target the top because this is where the people that can do that are, but for the rest of the world the most important thing to share is knowledge/education.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 02:25:15 AM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

First, I will budget my money well and also invest it to at least three different places like bitcoin or a bank or maybe also a loan on something. Then, I will target to whom I will share my wealth and kind of help could I get them. But I always really loved the idea of giving children school supplies. I think it makes the student eager to study well because of the things or surroundings they’re in. Or maybe just to have my own school with learnings like financial help and literacy training. The best wealth/treasure/gift you can ever give to someone is education.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: