Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:01:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee reveals he charges $105,000 per promotional cryptocurrency tweet  (Read 198 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:52:38 AM

Remember the famous McAfee coin of the day tweets that everyone was so excited to follow? Many of you rightly speculated that John was doing it to pump because he held all those coins he was promoting. But there's more to the story. The truth is he was paid for each tweet by the people behind those cryptocoins.

What happened to John? Is he broke? I reckon he is.

Software tycoon turned cryptocurrency enthusiast John McAfee recently revealed that he charges $105,000 for each tweet he sends out promoting digital coins or initial coin offerings (ICO). Last week, McAfee tweeted that his team had written up a guide on how his promotional tweets worked, and posted it to McAfee Crypto Team, an organization McAfee and his team put together to promote ICOs.

McAfee’s tweets can indeed sway cryptocurrency markets. In January, Motherboard tracked McAfee’s tweets about alternate cryptocurrencies to their market performance over the course of three weeks. The site found a correlation between McAfee’s tweets about cryptocurrencies and spikes in their valuation — in the case of Burst coin, a jump of 350 percent.

At the time, Motherboard speculated that McAfee was taking part in pump and dump schemes to boost the value of coins he was already invested in. That may still be the case, but the McAfee Crypto Team post suggests McAfee also has a completely separate racket: hawking endorsements for cash.

We’ve reached out to McAfee Crypto Team and Burstcoin for comment.

Source https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/2/17189880/john-mcafee-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-twitter-ico

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:24:36 AM

for this amount i will promote also every coin. who whats to pay me this amount?  Tongue

back to topic. sad, thought john mcafee was more trustworthy and do not everything for money.
Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:28:49 AM

How can you call Mcafee broke if he charges $105k per tweet? He would be the opposite of broke considering how often he tweets and other sources of income.

I gauruntee you every single one of us would take the money if we had the platform Mcafee has. People pay him because his tweets single handedly pump up a coin's price. If you have enough of the coin you paid him to promote, you can easily make more than $105k.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:33:00 AM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

I think one of his big problems is that he's addicted to various things. Addicted people are always in need of cash and because of this they accept to receive money by the most diverse types of service.
ThachSanhTp

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:36:31 AM

Yes! He will not say/promote a coin/ICO for nothing. He must get something for that.
But I think, anyway, those coin/ICO are not too bad. There are over 1500 coin in the market and many new ICO project per day, he has the right to only promote the best.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:59:26 AM

How can you call Mcafee broke if he charges $105k per tweet? He would be the opposite of broke considering how often he tweets and other sources of income.

John McAfee is a known and respected multimillionaire who made his fortune during the 1980's and the 1990's. If he was still rich, then why would he lower himself and his status by accepting payment for pumping altcoin scams?

I reckon his drug infused lifestyle might have caused the loss of his wealth.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:24:04 AM

It's very possible because the way he announce the coins it's so alarming, he even announce some coins that you know is a shit coin, I suspect initial that he might be doing it for a pump but now I know the better truth.

rarg

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:45:55 AM

Hmm, that was a huge fee. I joined several ICO project which was shilled by John McAfee. Actually, his promotional is worked. For example, Sether.io
I participate Sether bounty, and that ICO reached hard cap. I'm sure one of the causes of the hard cap was because of John's promotion.

The Zah

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:02:31 AM

Remember the famous McAfee coin of the day tweets that everyone was so excited to follow? Many of you rightly speculated that John was doing it to pump because he held all those coins he was promoting. But there's more to the story. The truth is he was paid for each tweet by the people behind those cryptocoins.

What happened to John? Is he broke? I reckon he is.

Software tycoon turned cryptocurrency enthusiast John McAfee recently revealed that he charges $105,000 for each tweet he sends out promoting digital coins or initial coin offerings (ICO). Last week, McAfee tweeted that his team had written up a guide on how his promotional tweets worked, and posted it to McAfee Crypto Team, an organization McAfee and his team put together to promote ICOs.

McAfee’s tweets can indeed sway cryptocurrency markets. In January, Motherboard tracked McAfee’s tweets about alternate cryptocurrencies to their market performance over the course of three weeks. The site found a correlation between McAfee’s tweets about cryptocurrencies and spikes in their valuation — in the case of Burst coin, a jump of 350 percent.

At the time, Motherboard speculated that McAfee was taking part in pump and dump schemes to boost the value of coins he was already invested in. That may still be the case, but the McAfee Crypto Team post suggests McAfee also has a completely separate racket: hawking endorsements for cash.

We’ve reached out to McAfee Crypto Team and Burstcoin for comment.

Source https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/2/17189880/john-mcafee-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-twitter-ico

It's a sccam. He's not involved. Don't spread bullshit
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:04:56 AM

There are many followers, many of whom are not yet the cause of determining the number of investors, who are interested in writing the Tweet.
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:32:59 AM

well its just like a celeb endorsement,but the good thing is that his team gets to background check the coin and its owners ,if the find fraud the still announce em.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:47:08 AM

It's a sccam. He's not involved. Don't spread bullshit

He is involved together with his wife and I reckon some of his team members might be his drug buddies and bodyguards hehehe. They don't look like cryptoguys except for 2 of them.

https://mcafeecryptoteam.com/index.html#team

This was a tweet made last year from his official, verified, Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/944206175100424193

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:01:47 AM

Hmm, that was a huge fee. I joined several ICO project which was shilled by John McAfee. Actually, his promotional is worked. For example, Sether.io
I participate Sether bounty, and that ICO reached hard cap. I'm sure one of the causes of the hard cap was because of John's promotion.

Of course it would work, he's a well known crypto enthusiast. The problem now is because he announced that he was getting paid for it, his promotion tweets wouldn't be as effective as it was before. We now know it's never sincere.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:12:17 AM

I see things like this like politics in my country.
that can change someone with money.
so I think there will be another great person who will promote crypto to receive fantastic pay.
Apex Investments

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:28:38 AM

This isn't any different than any other celebrity charging for their endorsement. 

McAfee understands that his tweets move the market so its understandable that he would charge.  Granted we can debate the ethics of this but he has every right to charge. 

Unless someone can provide proof that McAfee and his associates purchase the coins in question prior to his tweets then you can't allege a pump and dump scheme (or at least he isn't involved) 

Overall, there's a lot of money moving around this space and its only fitting that McAfee would want a piece of the action here.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:41:32 AM

There are so many stupid people following paid promoters! This is the problem. People should study instead of following those guys. Those stupid people deserve to lose money.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:04:10 AM

I shown also this news on telegram channel of Cointelegraph, surprised for me that very big money only for one times tweet. If all influencer doing that, many developer have to pay big money for advertising and this is will be no good for development of cryptocurrency, because the developer will collect much money from investor to pay for that.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:09:55 AM

must be very quiet life with easy money
make money by making one tweet
an employee for 5 years can not even beat the fee received by mc afee in just minutes
TorbjornE

Activity: 148

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:07:49 AM

In general, it does not matter. And for investors in the crypto it is important that after its tweets the price of the coin soars and they all want to jump on this rocket.

╔═   PHOTOCHAIN.IO   ⚫   TRUSTED STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY   ═╗
╚══   REVOLUTION IN THE STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET   ══╝
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: