Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:20:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to report a scam airdrop?  (Read 520 times)
rog1121

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:45:21 PM

Indeed, with this topic you need to sort it out, this is the first to completely turn the ICO market, in the second ... yes, though, it will turn everything all over again. But already by the way there is an output, it's Da-ICO from ETH. Googlite, this is sure to turn everything around.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:09:25 PM

As torry said you can create a scam accusation about them.

Why not just expose that modus on their telegram channel? Imagine if they will continue this type of scam it's possible that they can fool few from that 164k members.

You can also create a thread on reddit since it's also a place where people are lurking about ICO's.

Are you sure that it's the real devs of dentacoin?

I, nor the other members, can't post a message in their telegram channel since from the start. 
It seems the comment/reply section is disabled to members.  They (dentacoin) are the only one posting infos. 
https://t.me/dentacoin_airdrop is the link of the telegram. 
and they have a bot, too which is the one asking for the private key @DentacoinAirdropBot

Yes, it is very possible that they can fool a few especially that their bot is regularly reminding us to verify our account. 
They limited the people on who can post on their channel so this is very suspicious and you can already feel that they are hiding something.

Serious scammers that are desperately not ashamed of their act.

A bot that has a script of asking private keys + disabled chat (dentacoin allowed only) well let's just hope that other members there will notice this thread.

dikistutmazsabri

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:33:33 PM

I entered the nearby ATLANT airdrop group. They told me they would give me 1000 ATLANT. I'm glad. but scam came out. Be careful.

zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:20:06 PM

in my opinion, if the scam airdrop may already be full or too many people who list in order to receive airdrop, airdrop receiver quota must be full,
if airdrop scam or not depends on luck we always follow and update about info division airdrop so you do not miss out, bounty project scam that must be reported, so there is comfort when you work when follow project bounty professional according to agreed agreement, from friends who have commented before

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

but before you are required to learn first what is a true project scam or not, may be useful
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 328

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:57:09 PM

The Dentacoin Airdrop asking me to enter my private key of my etherium wallet (an hour ago) in order to automatically
sign the special encrypted message that will verify that it is actually my wallet. 
And emphasizing that they will not send DCN Token to fake wallets. 
Also, they put a note saying:
Note: This is safe.  We DO NOT use, store or collect your personal data (such as private key). 
This form is fully encrypted and secured by the SSL standard and MD5 hashing protocol.   
No one will be able to access your wallet and you can update your wallet address.

I know this is a scam because you could just sign your wallet to prove it's yours. 
I'm worried to other 164k telegram users, i know other users might get scammed...

I really don't know how and where to report a scam airdrop.. please give me some advice what to do. 
thanks!
SCAM!

If a certain project/person or any other parties would ask for your private key with any reasons that they do say then its already a 100% scam because if they do have airdrops theres no need to do such thing.If you are sensible enough you can really able to point out that this person is just trying to scam you.Theres no such thing like verification of your wallet address. Reporting these scam airdrops is pointless but somehow you can able to warn people that this thing is a scam.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
kayiboyu

Activity: 588

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:10:21 PM

a lot of airdrop scam is coming out already. It is not enough to write them here. there are many. Write down the airdrops that make you the most beautiful.

Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:26:36 PM

a lot of airdrop scam is coming out already. It is not enough to write them here. there are many. Write down the airdrops that make you the most beautiful.

You may use the scam accusation section for reporting any kind of scams. There is people reporting about various big sites also there I am not sure that airdrops also complained there. I hope you can try for it mate.
If you find the scam airdrops pm you received personally just go through their ann thread and verify them first. If they have the perfect team with them you may do airdrop for earning tokens of them.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:24:31 PM

You may use the scam accusation section for reporting any kind of scams. There is people reporting about various big sites also there I am not sure that airdrops also complained there. I hope you can try for it mate.
If you find the scam airdrops pm you received personally just go through their ann thread and verify them first. If they have the perfect team with them you may do airdrop for earning tokens of them.
Usually scam accusations board would be the best place to post such information but even myself doesnt sure if scam airdrops being posted their too.I havent seen such information before in regards to scam airdrops because it is already common nowadays but if OP would really be serious then he can post it anytime into scam accusations board for further exposure of such scam report so that community would be aware on the recent happening.
Oliveir

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:34:19 PM

Definitely it is a scam whenever someone or site is letting you registered under their group and asking private keys and passwords, you can do video or you can take screenshots of the transaction and post it here or in the telegram group so you will let the other know about it, since we can't go directly report it to police because we lack evidence.
pidonkmo

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:26:35 PM

you can use scam accusation aboard. just follow what it site ask. just reporting what happened to your account. you also can pm your received and wait until the thread does their job.
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:00:18 PM

Create a topic in Scam accusations section to warn other member about this scam airdrop Smiley

Beside I think this one is not the only scam airdrop available on the cryptocurrency world at the moment Smiley)

A lot of people still fall into this trap because of their cupid Cheesy

icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:08:58 PM

we need to protect ourselves from scam but cant report to anyone or any authority regarding scam airdrops time is running fast our safety and analysis we should do
anad98

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:20:16 PM

We can post on all available social website, telegram, twitter, facebook, and can cerate awareness among the participants.
bakery506

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:14:14 PM

So far, there is no place to report fraud in this place, only through posts! You can create a post to remind everyone!
Sasha88x

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:00:34 PM

I've seen it many times, too... Well, I guess not one reasonable person would provide his key... Although probably there are those who send the key, then complain that the wallet was hacked....
katawan4741
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:08:08 AM

This is what I've been thinking too. But I thin k that there is no possible way that we can report/track those who are conducting a scam Airdrop. The only thing we can do is to be aware, must be attentive on every detail we fill up to avoid being scammed. Must warn other members as well especially those who are new into cryptos or create a thread with all listed scam Airdrop/ICO/bounties to be able to avoid and not getting scammed will help.
riaruhs09

Activity: 184

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:02:15 AM

I do not think there is a place to report it, but if for example you care about other people you just tell them about the project fraud and what response will you get back to them.

Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:59:42 AM

To avoid airdrop scam its suitable that you join telegram channels of ICOs for updates are posted there. You can also check official Facebook and twitter accounts of certain ICOs so you will know if the airdrop you're joining is legit or not.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:22:59 PM

Tracking scammers is a really difficult thing to do. And there is no way you can report them to someone and that someone is going to ban them from getting involved to cryptocurrency. The only thing you can do is to avoid them. You can avoid them by asking for some advice and reading about their project.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
maremostro

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:23:26 PM

DA ICO ?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: