Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:20:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin: I agree that Bitcoin is better than gold  (Read 537 times)
aitrading

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 01:54:06 PM

I think gold will have value and power for the hundred years from now. BTC will grow up but still a lot of to do there
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:00:38 PM

Vitalik Buterin (V-God), the founder of Ethereum, said on Twitter that “Why is Bitcoin better than gold?” — I actually agree with this, Bitcoin is better than gold, both personally and socially. I used to talk about Bitcoin's damage to the environment. But gold is even worse.

if we talk about environment, yes, bitcoin is better than gold. You can see the mining process of gold or another ore as well,
it is damaging the environment worse than bitcoin. Bitcoin only cost electricity for mining.
melekseverce

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:11:51 PM

"Now blocks can be up to 4 MB in block weight" - true in theory, but 1.3-2.4 MB in practice depending on extent and type of segwit adoption.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:13:55 PM

Vitalik Buterin (V-God), the founder of Ethereum, said on Twitter that “Why is Bitcoin better than gold?” — I actually agree with this, Bitcoin is better than gold, both personally and socially. I used to talk about Bitcoin's damage to the environment. But gold is even worse.
Yes i think there is no doubt that bitcoin is better than gold because people gets more money by flactuating we all know that gold is more famous but i think if you buy or hold bitcoin now i think you will not regret in near futurr because i believe that bitcoin will increase more just earn and hold.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:14:14 PM

Gold is safe.   Safety has value to a lot of people.   I hold both because they have different purposes for me.  

sent from my X6
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:18:44 PM

if we talk about environment, yes, bitcoin is better than gold. You can see the mining process of gold or another ore as well,
it is damaging the environment worse than bitcoin. Bitcoin only cost electricity for mining.
Not too sure about that. Both damage the environment in different ways though I do agree that gold mining is worse than Bitcoin mining though. Problem with Bitcoin and crypto mining in general is that it tends to damage the environment due to the large scale energy usage around the world. This effect can be profound in the long term which is why new technologies should help reduce the energy consumption of miners around the world to help protect the environment. We are already harming the environment in many ways(pollution, deforestation etc) which is why we need to reduce the impact of Bitcoin mining on the environment.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:20:00 PM

because bitcoin growth is getting faster, and every month keeps growing, so for anyone who wants to invest in bitcoin, always get a bigger profit than holding gold ...
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:21:06 PM

I think that way too and i think with time people will buy BTC to keep their money save and it will be lilke Gold and opther coins will be used for online payments.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Fergale

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:10:42 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is gradually rising to the throne. Bitcoin is a virtual currency based on the blockchain system. In fact, many people call Bitcoin a "digital gold" due to the relatively separate relationship between Bitcoin and other types of assets, especially stocks.
bitcoinfrings

Activity: 110
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:17:28 AM

you dont expect him to be against btc.. lol
danilic

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:33:08 AM

The fact that Buterin believes that bitcoin is better than gold is not surprising. But if he said that Ethereum is better than bitcoin in such and such parameters, the financial publications would actively discussed this statement.
max1616

Activity: 434
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:54:01 AM

Vitalik Buterin will of course tell you that Bitcoin is better..Bitcoin and Ethereum usually move at the same time..Even if it was not so, Vitalik gave a correct opinion..
Wan48189

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:12:41 AM

i think so. bitcoin is future  Shocked Cheesy
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:51:11 AM

Bitcoins are better than gold. Because bitcoins are high priced and are actually used by people. But gold is also worth especially in ancient times. Because it was the first money ever used. So far, the time has changed the bitcoins that lead
Iagan Lee

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:03:32 PM

In my opinion, there are some factors that make gold a safe haven. Gold also has the value of a consumer goods material namely jewelry; electronics. Moreover, gold is really scarce when the supply is still low and never balanced. Gold can not be produced in the same way a company issues a new stock or a federal bank prints money. And The only thing that can make gold is to dig up from the ground and handle it. Sad
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:24:37 PM

a very good question, and I think everyone will answer positively about it. even Apple founders also said that bitcoin has a better investment value than gold, the reason being that the bitcoin supply is limited.

yes, bitcoin is limited, and because it is limited, bitcoin values are difficult to manipulate while gold can be manipulated.

and interesting is although China, India, India, and some other countries ban bitcoin, but bitcoin can still survive in limited quantities.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

I hate Gold as much as I love Bitcoin. Gold being a physical asset is more prone to getting stolen. Most of the illiterate thieves tend to steal gold from the people. Bitcoin has a downside too as we know many hackers try to  steal your BTC too but stealing BTC as a tough task than to steal gold from a person.
Also the profit we make by investing in BTC is far more  better than we make by investing in Gold which is the main reason I hate it. It takes years for gold to be double in price but it just takes months for BTC to double up in price.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:28:42 PM

I personally think bitcoin is not better than gold, not at least now! If I exclude the other uses of gold like making ornaments, still gold is an excellent investment choice for capital protection. That is the reason why you will see gold price goes up every time, when the stock market crashes. because investors trust in gold and move their funds to that asset just protect their capital investment. Bitcoin has not yet replaced gold in that and I doubt it will ever happen. Bitcoin's price is highly dynamic in nature which makes it an excellent choice for the speculators. But when it comes to capital protection, bitcoin doesn't even stand in the queue.

I agree. Gold doesn't have volatile market as bitcoin. Gold's value increases every year which makes it more enjoyable to collect than bitcoin.
Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:44:55 PM

I can't agree more with Vitalik. He's right. Bitcoin is much better than gold. Bitcoin can be called digital gold. Let's see what place he takes in the world.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:27:01 PM

I think this comparison is very inappropriate. we know that gold has been used since humans know the transaction. of course this comparison is very irrational, by looking at the track record that occurred in human civilization.
and we know that bitcoin is an invention in this century that is so phenomenal. function and usefulness of bitcoin will certainly be different with gold. although I prefer bitcoin. but this can not be a relevant comparison
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: