Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:30:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CENTRA CTR SCAM - Founders Arrested  (Read 13615 times)
Titus Maximus

Activity: 154
Merit: 60

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:24:51 PM

Finally, vindication has come for members of this community who stuck by their guns and called out CTR for what it was; a scam.

Also, never trust celebrity endorsement: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-53

CTR tokens are now in freefall: http://www.coinfox.info/news/9186-centra-founders-arrested-in-us-token-dips-by-60

Thanks for that info, I am glad I did not get in but feel bad for the ones who did. Hearing that the foundersxare locked away is a bit relief and maybe a chance for the investors to get there money back?
Dinct

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:20:47 AM

Oh man.. I have lost all my investments and it will never go up again after the decision of delisting. I have invested 3 Ethereum in this project and the i have lost them all. Unfortunately i was late enough to sell earlier.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:53:03 AM

I really loved the centra scam and I heard that the founder of centra has died and I think it is a terrible tragedy and could have spread to some other ico and eventually made ico business image to be bad.
Pali

Activity: 221
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:30:07 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2018, 12:30:39 PM by Pali

Here's an active development, the founders are back with a new shady project created to make you lose money:

PHANTOM – Scalable, Interoperable, Private Smart Contracts ran by centra tech

BTCArena - First and most established PVP Gambling Platform.
Bitcoin Gamble Talk - First and biggest crypto gambling discord.
ssmith3160

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:06:55 PM

Here's an active development, the founders are back with a new shady project created to make you lose money:

The funny thing is IMO the BS they are launching now is what the project should have originally been launched as.  An unbranded cryptocard with no bells and whistles, phony promises, celebrity endorsements, that is run by average joes and done offshore and will only work in the 3rd world.  But because that wouldnt have raised $32m they decided to scam everyone and promise things they had no right to promise, so now they go to jail
beami

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:29:28 PM

The funny thing is IMO the BS they are launching now is what the project should have originally been launched as.  An unbranded cryptocard with no bells and whistles, phony promises, celebrity endorsements, that is run by average joes and done offshore and will only work in the 3rd world.  But because that wouldnt have raised $32m they decided to scam everyone and promise things they had no right to promise, so now they go to jail

It's sad to hear this. Even though it has been able to develop and have a community, what does it say if its founder has deceived.
Present again for pembenaha, but who will believe it? it will only be the laughter of many people. Be patient to deal with cases like this.

Thug Life

Activity: 359
Merit: 10

Freedom

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:45:54 PM

It's sad to hear this. Even though it has been able to develop and have a community, what does it say if its founder has deceived.
Present again for pembenaha, but who will believe it? it will only be the laughter of many people. Be patient to deal with cases like this.
I am very sad to see Centra, we know they yesterday got maximum sales but they only give promises of false promises and more sadistic, cetra is lost in coinmarcetcap
Ramzes555

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:52:09 PM

It is very insulting when the invested money disappears. I invested in this project quite a bit, only 50 dollars, but still insulting

▰▰▰   Victorieum   ▰▰▰
▰▰▰  DIGITAL WALLET REVOLUTION ▰▰▰
https://www.victorieum.io/
Mishael

Activity: 237
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

It is very insulting when the invested money disappears. I invested in this project quite a bit, only 50 dollars, but still insulting

Patience in dealing with all this, indeed Centra was a successful project and no one thought it would. There must be wisdom from all this. Luckily, I sold the coin so I was grateful for not storing it.
Sylvial

Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:08:31 PM

This is why the cryptospace is the wild wild west. Imagine fraudsters coming trying to rebrand and reenter the space with another shady project. With such bad reputation, people should blacklist them and stay away
Sylvial

Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:10:16 PM

I'm glad I sold my coins which I got for free at the time. This was long before they were busted.
yountt2

Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:29:28 PM

Who could have thought Centra would turn out to be scam,  these guy really put a lots of work into deceiving investors!

center]     K L I C K Z I E          by Tautachrome, Inc.     |     ✓ Open Network   ✓ Open Source   ✓ Decentralized   ✓ Auditable
-   Building trust with verifiable imagery for the new era   -     ►  TOKEN PRE-SALE LIVE
●          ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     GITHUB     ●     TELEGRAM     ●          ●[/center]
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:39:10 AM

Finally, vindication has come for members of this community who stuck by their guns and called out CTR for what it was; a scam.

Also, never trust celebrity endorsement: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-53

CTR tokens are now in freefall: http://www.coinfox.info/news/9186-centra-founders-arrested-in-us-token-dips-by-60

I read the news some months ago, but it is nice to read it again, at least some of those scammers are now going to pay for their crimes, while it is impossible to catch them all I think the message is what it is important, if you scam and you leave a trace the police can follow they are going to eventually come knocking at your door to arrest you.
Tiger Baseball

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:11:38 AM

Who could have thought Centra would turn out to be scam,  these guy really put a lots of work into deceiving investors!

Indeed, no one knows that Centra is a scam, we are also surprised and sorry about this incident, but this has happened, hoping that this incident will not be repeated and become a valuable lesson for us.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:43:33 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 03:08:32 AM by marcbitcoins

This unique scam experience will teach us more lessons that we will not just rely on famous celebrity endorsers just to determine the legitimacy of the project but we need to double our effort of reviewing the projects very well for now on but i also think that this project is not really a scam at first because of their positive credentials that maybe the ICO staff were just tempted to make the project to be a scam because of the huge money involved.
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:30:52 AM

Of course this is sad, even though I bought more than 2 ETH in December when the price of bitcoin is more than 14k, even though they use Floyd Mayweather Jr. as an advertising star, but like this crypto is hard to guess.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:17:33 AM

That's gonna be a hardfall for an ICO that seems to be promising since the start until it was listed on the market. Unexpectedly, it turned to be just a scam and it fall to almost 80% of its market price in just about 24 hours and now it's nowhere to be found in coinmarketcap. Hope everyone has learned a lesson to always be careful of what they're into.
Actually they are lucky enough because its been common for the scam projectt now that the coin/token don't come to the exchangers and the dev runs with the investors money before the very moment ico has finished,but this project goes to exchange so if investors wise enough to sell all their token/coins when ot was listed,maybe it wasn't on the coinmarketcap thats whu it cannot be found there
Pali

Activity: 221
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:02:32 PM

Guys while sharing your exp in here is memorable it won't help future new guys from getting screwed up on centra's new project!

Keep that in mind.

We need to be posting in a topic dedicated to their new phantom.org project which is run by the same shady people behind centra.

I've created this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4850244.msg43733786#msg43733786

Please focus in there.

BTCArena - First and most established PVP Gambling Platform.
Bitcoin Gamble Talk - First and biggest crypto gambling discord.
cmarquez

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:10:28 PM

Oh man.. I have lost all my investments and it will never go up again after the decision of delisting. I have invested 3 Ethereum in this project and the i have lost them all. Unfortunately i was late enough to sell earlier.

Don't lose hope. This will be a good lesson not to trust 100% on ICO even you feel it is promising. Make a new strategy to make your loss get back on track again. I feel really bad to all CTR holders and hoping they can get a jackpot on their next ICO investment.
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:19:21 PM

I've just been informed that Centra founders are back and running another ICO.
Waiting for verification on this information.
Will update here
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: