Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:19:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io HACKED, 4K+ BTC stolen  (Read 5135 times)
timma05

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:38:01 PM

Looks like I lost my .35 btc that I had in there... This sucks
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:39:15 PM

Do none of you people know that you can get a (partial) refund? GO AND READ THE THREADS BEFORE YOU START POSTING ABOUT WHAT YOU LOST.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:58:32 PM

What about my coins there? If you stored more than 1 BTC, send an email to support@inputs.io with a Bitcoin address (preferably, an offline, open source light/SPV wallet like Multibit or Electrum). Use the same email you're using on Inputs. Please don't store Bitcoins on an internet connected device, regardless of it is your own or a service's.
deadlyninja

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:32:39 AM

Wow that really sucks. Why do people trust others with their wallet? Why not just hold the coins yourself?
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:57:34 AM

What about my coins there? If you stored more than 1 BTC, send an email to support@inputs.io with a Bitcoin address (preferably, an offline, open source light/SPV wallet like Multibit or Electrum). Use the same email you're using on Inputs. Please don't store Bitcoins on an internet connected device, regardless of it is your own or a service's.

What about people with less than 1 BTC?
I filed a claim for 0.0025 BTC and you are asking for a government issued photo id
This is insane! Especially for the amount claimed. Why do you need an ID? You have been hacked, not me.

Some questions for you (TF) to ponder about:

- Why would someone trust their ID to a site that was hacked?
- Why would someone trust their ID to a site whose operator's ID is not known / wants to be anonymous?
- I sent the email from the same email address I registered with. Why do you need an ID now? ID was not needed to sign up.
- TF, why don't you give me a government issued photo ID of yourself first??  Maybe then I will send mine.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
xchanga.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:15:41 AM

i hope their service has insurance to pay people up.

Bitcoins at rate 430 - 440 usd. www.xchanga.com Is d The Best Place to get Your Bitcoins. Try us & See the Difference.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:05:12 AM

I filed a claim for 0.0025 BTC and you are asking for a government issued photo id
This is insane! Especially for the amount claimed. Why do you need an ID? You have been hacked, not me.

- Why would someone trust their ID to a site whose operator's ID is not known / wants to be anonymous?
- I sent the email from the same email address I registered with. Why do you need an ID now? ID was not needed to sign up.
- TF, why don't you give me a government issued photo ID of yourself first??  Maybe then I will send mine.

Is this for real? TF is asking for government documents? That wasn't the case for my claim. And I wouldn't feel comfortable giving them up, either.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:12:27 AM

Is this for real? TF is asking for government documents? That wasn't the case for my claim. And I wouldn't feel comfortable giving them up, either.

yes, this is for real. Here is the email I received:
-------
Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.
-------

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:23:20 AM

-------
Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.
-------

Seems kind of fishy. Verification? Users never had occasion to give their name to inputs.io in the first place. At best, he's trying to discourage people from making claims.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:03:14 AM

-------
Hi,

-------

Seems kind of fishy. Verification? Users never had occasion to give their name to inputs.io in the first place. At best, he's trying to discourage people from making claims.

He thinks people are going to trust him with their id's after this, lol.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:32:54 AM

-------
Hi,

-------

He knew people wouldn't give ID to him. Therefore he gets to keep the money. He asked ID for me and I have now lost a rather large sum of my money.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:34:09 PM

-------
Hi,

-------

He knew people wouldn't give ID to him. Therefore he gets to keep the money. He asked ID for me and I have now lost a rather large sum of my money.

True enough.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 02:24:18 PM

Yes absolutely insane. He just want you forgot the btc and dont claim the refund

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:57:48 PM

- TF, why don't you give me a government issued photo ID of yourself first??  Maybe then I will send mine.
Yes absolutely insane. He just want you forgot the btc and dont claim the refund
I agree, that is ridiculous.
Just asking about the amount on inputs/coinlenders and an email from the same mailaddress to confirm should be enough.
haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:11:36 PM

+1
haightst

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:15:59 PM

i don't care anyone want me to "claim their coins" with my id ~ send me a PM ..throw me some dust coins out of the deal we are good!  Grin ~easyyyy
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

It's rather stupid. I have supplied him with this information:

-Balance
- Previous passwords & current password.
- Email

Yet, he still wants ID. He's determined to get ID from all of us for some odd reason. ID would not prove anything because ID was not linked to the account in the first place. I thought TF was actually hacked to begin with. But, now I have changed my mind.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:59:17 PM

i don't care anyone want me to "claim their coins" with my id ~ send me a PM ..throw me some dust coins out of the deal we are good!  Grin ~easyyyy

I'm pretty sure that's illegal...

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
haightst

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:32:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that's illegal...

i got a fake id!+ this whole freakin' movie is ludicrous imo!  Grin LOL
Raya

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:12:06 PM

This is pathetic. Even though I only had a small amount in there. No point in emailing.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: