Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - where are the deposits?  (Read 5912 times)
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:07:37 AM

Hey guys - sorry for the undue worries here.

In short, we had a syntax error in the ACH file we submitted to the bank last night.  By the time we corrected it, the "bank cutoff" for the day had already past, although we submitted it only half an hour or so later.  The net effect of this is what you're currently seeing - orders marked as "completed" because we have actually sent the instructions to the bank but they won't be processed until this evening when the bank does their daily processing.  One of the unfortunate downsides of working within the traditional financial system (and their very old codebase), and why I love Bitcoin.

Wanted to make sure you guys understood what was going on!
Olaf, this issue is bigger than just a 1-day glitch.

This sell and each sell from every day after it have not arrived in my account.  On the history page, the entire transaction is marked as complete, while in the details, the bank account portion is still marked as pending.  Additionally, a sell from Oct. 28 should have arrived last thursday or friday at the latest according to Coinbase's usual estimates.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I recently noticed the messaging in the Sell dialog change from something along the lines of "we will transfer $X,XXX to you bank account by XX/XX/XX" to "we will wire $X,XXX...".  Has coinbase switched from ACH to wires?  Customers won't be happy with the incoming wire fees if this is the case.

In my eyes this means I should be given the BTCUSD rate on the date of Completion....
I don't think coinbase will do this.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fxkevin

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:23:21 AM

My funds, from a Oct 29th sale of 9,99 BTC hit my bank account (ACH) about 45 minutes ago.

Still looking for a better explanation as this ACH transfer was not sent until Nov. 5th.

Cheers...
MtFox

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:46:46 PM

I haven't not seen my money yet that was supposed to arrive on Nov 4. I'm not just looking for an explanation as to why this payment was late. I'm more concerned about the possibility of this issue happening again to subsequent sells.   
bigvern

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 01:13:07 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say that I had similar issues.   All outstanding deposits came in this morning.

BigVern
tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 01:19:41 PM

Got my money this morning. I'm glad, but I no longer trust Coinbase as much as I did before.

jski

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:21:33 PM

Got my money this morning. I'm glad, but I no longer trust Coinbase as much as I did before.

Agreed. Got my funds this morning but not selling coins over 1000 dollars there anymore, go back to wire transfers at the exchanges with high amounts.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 02:39:00 PM

I'm the OP and all my funds came in this morning even though I was told it would be tomorrow. So I think Coinbase is having issues getting money to people. We now pay a Coinbase fee and a Bank fee. Mistakes should not be happening when we are paying fees. That's why companies add the fees so things happen correctly. I'm a verified member on Dwolla and Mt.Gox and I believe I can sell bitcoin there, hopefully I can, because I don't trust Coinbase's practices anymore, especially the way they handled this for everyone. They now have made it to the "unreliable" side of my notebook. That side gets smaller and smaller everyday. People that own companies just don't give a shit anymore and only care about the bottom line. And what happens to a company like that when they finally start to care and do things right it's too late.

So Coinbase I thank you for getting my money to me ( exceptionally late) with no good reasons, but if you notice I don't use your service anymore it is that sour taste I feel in my stomach when getting taken advantage of. If you have some things to iron out, then do so on test accounts or your own money.

Thank you

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
wayn

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:55:21 PM

I got mine this morning (was suppose to be Friday)

Kinda upset cause the reason I sold was to get some cash I needed by Saturday.

CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:00:36 PM

Today I received funds from the sale of 40 btc on Oct 31st today that was suppose to show up yesterday.

I am still waiting on the funds from a sale of 50 btc on Oct 29th that was suppose to hit my bank on Nov 1st and another 33 btc from Oct 31st that was suppose to hit my bank yesterday (Nov 5th)
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:17:21 PM

I received 6 transfers from coinbase today, it appears things are back to normal.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
jedisurfer

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:45:15 PM

how are you contacting coinbase?  There seems to be no telephone and their support page does not load.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:46:02 PM

how are you contacting coinbase?  There seems to be no telephone and their support page does not load.

Telephone? Hahahaha. You have to email them and hope you get a response.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
jedisurfer

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:22:28 PM

what is their email address?  Their support page does not load.
Revolution

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

Trading BTC, looking for amazon cards

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:24:12 PM

You guys do realize this is from november right, its pretty much done

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile