Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN was mining ETH in their farms ! BITMAIN Is killing GPU miners  (Read 1802 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:22:08 PM

and i think they are making the right move.

I'm still not convinced that the E3 is an ASIC, but rather just a GPU based setup with software patch ability. a fork would be in vain, and likely wouldnt affect the E3 anyway.

The cost alone makes that a very unlikely case.
Bitmain would have been LOSING money at the $800 level on the thing.

Why would equihash coins fork when there aren't even any legit RUMORS of an ASIC miner for equihash?
Have a fork READY TO GO perhaps, but forking before miner is a waste of time effort and disruption.

The non-ETH coins that use ethash probably SHOULD fork sometime fairly soon if "anti-ASIC" is their view, since they'll be impacted a lot more over time than ETH itself will be - but they're going to get impacted a lot more (as will ALL GPU-mineable coins) when ETH moves to full POS.

I also wish people would stop it with the huge font stuff and QUOTING that huge font stuff.
I've already put 2 people on ignore over that rudeness.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:44:36 PM

and i think they are making the right move.

I'm still not convinced that the E3 is an ASIC, but rather just a GPU based setup with software patch ability. a fork would be in vain, and likely wouldnt affect the E3 anyway.

The cost alone makes that a very unlikely case.
Bitmain would have been LOSING money at the $800 level on the thing.

Why would equihash coins fork when there aren't even any legit RUMORS of an ASIC miner for equihash?
Have a fork READY TO GO perhaps, but forking before miner is a waste of time effort and disruption.

The non-ETH coins that use ethash probably SHOULD fork sometime fairly soon if "anti-ASIC" is their view, since they'll be impacted a lot more over time than ETH itself will be - but they're going to get impacted a lot more (as will ALL GPU-mineable coins) when ETH moves to full POS.

I also wish people would stop it with the huge font stuff and QUOTING that huge font stuff.
I've already put 2 people on ignore over that rudeness.

no need to defend buterin, it was failed project proofed to be a failure. IT'S ALREADY MINING !!!!!!!!!!!

and please READ MORE : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3256132.msg34245773#msg34245773

The ETC will stay PoW, so it has more urgency to change the PoW to be more ASIC resistant. It is about 3.3% of the total hash of ETH.

I think about 40-60% of the current ETH hash is ASIC as around 60-70% of the Monero hash was ASIC. The Monero original hash is about 840MH/s while the V7 hash is about 250MH/s now.

So if ETC changes, it will attract more GPU miners and could raise the price of ETC.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:31:24 AM

no need to defend buterin, it was failed project proofed to be a failure. IT'S ALREADY MINING !!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Even my Magic 8 ball comes back with "answer hazy, ask again later" about THAT comment.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Q_R_V

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

Inactivity: 8963

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:45:59 PM

[...]
[...]

If you immediatley know the candle light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago.

Timeframe for ASIC development need to be taken into consideration, then devs need to act according to that and fork the coin.
If wait for confirmation that ASIC for your algo exist then you will always be late.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:06:43 PM

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Even my Magic 8 ball comes back with "answer hazy, ask again later" about THAT comment.

Grin

UMD

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:45:38 AM

Gpu mining cannot be killed that easily. Bitmain maybe mining Ethereum but for the gpu miners there are a lot of other coins which are based on Ethereum like Pirl, Music and a few others. Their difficulty is relatively low to mine and I am happily mining Musicoin because my 3GB Gpus cannot write the dag epoch 179 which is the actual one.

As for bitmain first thing to do if you want to fight them is to stop buying their products, but this will never happen since they produce the best miners for the moment.

the way to fight them is by doing what they are doing

its the only way

we are in a process of developing ASIC better then them

our problem is production

if you are interested in being on board PM me

thank you
Goool (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:10:30 PM

Fork or goodbye gpu famrs ....
When Bitmain will reach 51% of the network hashrate and will hack ETH, how they did with Bitcoin mining and their Antpool and people will lose their money again then you will say aaaaaaa why we supported bitmain ?
Andwarchik

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:18:29 PM

Guys. just relax and have fun! What can we do against a possibilities of bitmain! We need to understand how we can use Bitmain for ourselves profit! And do it!)

C O U N T I N G H O U S E   ⧼  Forex & Crypto-Currency Hedge Fund  ⧽
https://www.countinghousefund.com/
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:00:25 PM

Bitmain's miner is not better than VGAs in any way.

Nvidia is already coming out with 1180, E3 will be outdated very soon.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:26:05 PM

Who cares if they were mining? Its not hidden just because they dont put out a press release about it. They are allowed to mine whatever they want just like anyone else. Its so stupid you guys attribute these nefarious things to them when they are just a company trying to make money, just like everyone else.

Nothing is stopping any of you from developing your own miner and running it without telling anyone or selling it.

P.S. ETH isnt the only coin you can mine with a GPU so its extra silly to complain about it like they are going to take all GPU miners down for mining one of over 1000 GPU minable coins

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
fanatic26

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:29:12 PM

Fork or goodbye gpu famrs ....
When Bitmain will reach 51% of the network hashrate and will hack ETH, how they did with Bitcoin mining and their Antpool and people will lose their money again then you will say aaaaaaa why we supported bitmain ?

So lets see....spend tens of millions on developing, producing, and selling a miner...then use it to destroy the network it was built to work on......how does that make any sense at all?

Take your damn tin foil hat off for a moment and apply some logic to your thought process and you will see how stupid you sound.

Also, they never damaged bitcoin in any way, other than mining a few empty blocks. People didnt lose any money because of it. Again you just have no clue what you are talking about.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Goool (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:13:11 PM

fanatic26. When the ETH developers asking for investors in order to grow the ETH price they didn't tell them that Bitmain will create huge miners and they will cash out so much money by selling ETH coins that they mined for cheap....... here is the problem !!
'Stealing' money from ETH investors and every ETH coin holder. Did you get it now ?  Kiss Kiss Kiss
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:28:23 PM

There really wasn't a 50% attack because the amount of hash rate on ETH alone is huge.

This is due to the huge memory requirement that ETH requires.

Hence I don't think it's really possible for Bitmain to come even close to 50% hash power.

Sha256 and script was different, they didn't require as much memory.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fanatic26

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:22:19 PM

fanatic26. When the ETH developers asking for investors in order to grow the ETH price they didn't tell them that Bitmain will create huge miners and they will cash out so much money by selling ETH coins that they mined for cheap....... here is the problem !!
'Stealing' money from ETH investors and every ETH coin holder. Did you get it now ?  Kiss Kiss Kiss

No because what you are saying doesnt make sense at all. Please show me proof that bitmain is selling discount tokens, because I would love to get in on that.

Bit_Bull82

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:54:06 AM

Just think about it for a second :

Bitmain basically sells money making machines. Why would they sell this machines if it wouldn't be that they believe they will make more money selling them than keeping them and "printing" money themselves?

Also Bitmain, is extremely rich and the play a "mafia" game.

If crypto mining is where the money is, a big guy like Bitmain will always get in the middle and make things their own. Feel privilege you can at least take some crumbs.

It's same as Bitcoin and Banks. Do you think Governments and banks will let this "Decentralization Revolution" Happen without a big nasty fight?

I hate what they stand for but I doubt there is enough power in the Crypto space to bring them down...

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:53:08 AM

There really wasn't a 50% attack because the amount of hash rate on ETH alone is huge.

That is true only on eth, bitmain right now can pull a 90 times x rx 580 30 mh/s, 6 eth asic chips x 15x hashrate which equals a whole system with 2700 mh/s and that is what bitmain has been using in their warehouse for sometime. Even though is huge, it is not like xmr which was 375 times x rx 580 700 h/s = 260 kh/s, however and it was not disclosed, bitmain had already a xmr system doing almost 700 times x rx 580 and they have been using them to mine cryptonight clones which were not forked like bytecoin which was recently amazingly pumped by bitmain. Bytecoin team/devs as many other coins were also bribed by bitmain. The way things are, bitmain will own most of cryptocoins. First was bytecoin, i saw that coming and then zec, i also saw that coming. Bitmain is pumping future dead coins cause it wants to protect its investment and bitmain will keep pumping those coins but in the end they will end up dead.

"Based on the above facts, Bytecoin will support ASIC mining, at least until the end of 2018."

https://bytecoin.org/blog/the-asic-statement-clarification-from-the-bytecoin-team

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Goool (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:00:15 AM

No because what you are saying doesnt make sense at all. Please show me proof that bitmain is selling discount tokens, because I would love to get in on that.

fanatic26 Face the reality ! The proofs and infos in our days are not for free and I am not selling ! But the facts are for free and by using your brain and connecting facts you can obtain gold infos.
Exercise your brain is the key not to ask links and proofs !
Goool (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:05:41 AM

That is true only on eth, bitmain right now can pull a 90 times x rx 580 30 mh/s, 6 eth asic chips x 15x hashrate which equals a whole system with 2700 mh/s and that is what bitmain has been using in their warehouse for sometime. Even though is huge, it is not like xmr which was 375 times x rx 580 700 h/s = 260 kh/s, however and it was not disclosed, bitmain had already a xmr system doing almost 700 times x rx 580 and they have been using them to mine cryptonight clones which were not forked like bytecoin which was recently amazingly pumped by bitmain. Bytecoin team/devs as many other coins were also bribed by bitmain. The way things are, bitmain will own most of cryptocoins. First was bytecoin, i saw that coming and then zec, i also saw that coming. Bitmain is pumping future dead coins cause it wants to protect its investment and bitmain will keep pumping those coins but in the end they will end up dead.

"Based on the above facts, Bytecoin will support ASIC mining, at least until the end of 2018."

https://bytecoin.org/blog/the-asic-statement-clarification-from-the-bytecoin-team

I am glad that still exist some people that analyses facts !
You produce cheap the coins, you collect them, then what you need ? to sell them to the highest price possible to make profit and here the pump helps you.
aysha9872

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

uncloak.io

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:11:51 AM

They sell their machines for cheap to us plebs meanwhile they get to use the next generation of chips with much faster MH/s than the ones we get to buy lol. It's like whales eating planktons(us being the plankton)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: