Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:08:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World Of Warcraft is it worth playing?  (Read 4789 times)
MakeBelieve (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:50:07 PM

I was wondering if it is still worth playing and if it is still as popular. I remember a few years ago that WOW always managed to hit the news every and I think they had a crazy amount of subscribers to the game (millions if I recall correctly).

I'm thinking of playing WOW. But, I'm not sure if it's the right choice because of the amount of other games that operate similar out there. Is WOW still the most popular or is runescape or other games of the same genre.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cassimares

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 12:30:33 AM

I was wondering if it is still worth playing and if it is still as popular. I remember a few years ago that WOW always managed to hit the news every and I think they had a crazy amount of subscribers to the game (millions if I recall correctly).

I'm thinking of playing WOW. But, I'm not sure if it's the right choice because of the amount of other games that operate similar out there. Is WOW still the most popular or is runescape or other games of the same genre.

Not worth, its an old game and you would have to spend lots of money to get all the expansion.... Wait for newer game or look for new game now Smiley

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:43:10 AM

Guild wars 2 is better  Grin
petersiddle98

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:51:51 AM

Play league of legends or any other better games... WOW is just boring....

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:54:10 AM

league of legends is arena without real story. Guild Wars 2 is good. But for me World of Tanks and Counter-Strike 1.6 is the games to play.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:23:58 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 02:40:43 AM by CoinHoarder

I only suggested Guild Wars 2 because it seems he was looking for a good mmorpg to play.

Lately, I've been having fun with Starcraft 2 arcade games, and Chivalry: Dealiest Warrior (you can pre order now and get in the beta). You probably haven't heard of Chivalry... you should check it out. It a skilled combat game, with mostly melee but some ranged combat as well. You can play as a ninja, pirate, samurai, viking, spartan, or knight and you basically fight each other. There are multiple modes... last team standing, team death match, free for all, etc... I compare it to pirates vikings and knights, except much much better!

Here's the trailer: http://youtu.be/jpynx151S_k
Here's a good game play overview video: http://youtu.be/HwtYBTaxRyI
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:50:08 AM

Yes this, but I still prefer guild war 1....

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:20:36 AM

Not worth at all, the monthly fee is enough for you to buy some Bitcoins....
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:45:46 AM

Wow, I just saw you mentioned Runescape.

That brought back some memories. Smiley

That game is ancient.. I used to play it about 10 years ago!!!
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:59:49 AM

I played this game in super-fast mode (on private/fun servers) for the length of a highschool summer as various characters.

It's addictive; it isn't fun, in fact it is very dull and uninteresting.  It's a time sink, and if you're paying for it, a cash sink.  If you're going to play, play with a close friend.  You will be bored incredibly otherwise.  With this in mind, you can do anything with that close friend and have about the same amount of fun.  And if you're going to play, use the private servers first; they're not as good, but it's a good indication as to whether you can put up with it for long.  It is literally designed by people whose positions are explicitly to ensure you remain addicted to the game, i.e. manipulation.  There's a lot of stuff that will keep you hooked, especially in skill building and leveling up and items which you want to use but can't because you need the levels, but the mechanics of the game aren't much more than click on appropriate monster relative to your level, errand-running (go here fetch that, and kill this get X amount of item are the majority of the quests you'll run into), repeat until you're max level and raided enough for top tier armor, whatever the top is now, and then start over.  The only appeal is the social appeal and that can be found anywhere nowadays; it was a niche back when MMOs weren't popular, but nowadays its age really shows.

There's a new game I've been playing lately named Path of Exile; it's a Diablo clone, and it's free (sustained primarily with microtransactions for vanity junk, similar to TF2.)  I would recommend that over WoW if you're looking for a point-and-click action-RPG experience; it's more challenging, it's multiplayer, and you don't have to deal with a bunch of fat supremacist neckbeards (not saying all WoW players are like that, just an unusually concentrated amount.)

waltermot321

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:58:44 AM

No, don't waste money for that, buy BTC instead and you can buy like 10 games with it few years later...

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:30:37 PM

You can play Rift for free.
I think that would be better than paying monthly for WoW, even if Rift is slightly worse than WoW.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
warsawbit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:44:13 PM

Don't listen to this guys... if you like WoW... go ahead play it, if you want to play it for free go for a private server.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:12:35 PM

I think that would be better than paying monthly for WoW, even if Rift is slightly worse than WoW.
Rift is actually a pretty quality game. I've played most MMORPGs and it ranks up there with the best. I am pretty surprised it is now free... I saw that the other day while logging into steam. It was only released what.. about 2 years ago.

Fake edit after more research: it seems they are trying to monetize the game in a different way, like league of legends or heroes of newarth. You can download and play the game for free, but you may also buy upgrades, items, abilities, perks, etc.. http://www.riftgame.com/en/store/
roflmao129

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:25:47 PM

WoW is most certainly still one of the top-class MMORPG. I cant tell you how much is going on in the lower level content but if you really find the game fun after trying it out with a trial I dont see a reason not to play it.

And as the person before me stated: Rift is also a nice game to try out!

Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:47:20 PM

So you're comparing a game which was released back in '03 with a game released in '12. +1 for that
Wow is not currently worth playing as it is way too EASY now, just like other crap MMORPGs (including guild wars 2.. sigh).
Wait for WoW 2 or something of the likes.

Well, although it released back in 03 but it has too many expansion (more money spend)... I guess its just not worth it... wait for some free downloadable game

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:52:18 PM

Rift is actually a pretty quality game. I've played most MMORPGs and it ranks up there with the best. I am pretty surprised it is now free... I saw that the other day while logging into steam. It was only released what.. about 2 years ago.

Fake edit after more research: it seems they are trying to monetize the game in a different way, like league of legends or heroes of newarth. You can download and play the game for free, but you may also buy upgrades, items, abilities, perks, etc.. http://www.riftgame.com/en/store/

All of those boosts, upgrades, and etc. are just for getting easier things(like more XP, getting a mount that will be ultimately good, itens that will easy traveling time), so It stills a good try to anyone that likes MMORPGs (like me in the past, where I played Ragnarok Online and MU).

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
roflmao129

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:00:35 PM

Ill jump onto this and say GW2 is not worth buying at all. Bad game.

Ecurb123

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:47:58 PM

I used to play a lot when it first came out, but after the first expansion pack was released I pretty much quit. In my opinion it's a waste of time.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:19:32 PM

i feel like it was a waste of time as well. i hated raiding, it felt like a job.. and once you reach the level cap, there isn't much to do besides raiding.

the strange thing is that, while i hated it at the top levels, i overplayed it and could not manage myself.. so i haven't even touch the game in 3-4 years. i'm guessing that there are millions of people who have been attached to that game so much, that they missed out on the opportunity to buy bitcoins  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: