Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:54:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: free electricity - In what should i invest at moment?  (Read 3092 times)
AMAZONBTC (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Amazon for BTC

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:26:26 AM

With the free electricity factor, In what should i invest at moment? I have been thinking on purchasing two Coin Terra 2th with January early shipping. is it worth?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
petersiddle98

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:31:21 AM

With the free electricity factor, In what should i invest at moment? I have been thinking on purchasing two Coin Terra 2th with January early shipping. is it worth?

Wow, why there are more and more people that have free electricity, did someone discover something that I don't already know? please share and I will tell you what to do with your free electricity Smiley

AMAZONBTC (OP)

Amazon for BTC

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:33:37 AM

Wow, why there are more and more people that have free electricity, did someone discover something that I don't already know? please share and I will tell you what to do with your free electricity Smiley

Just some tricks my country's allows me to do Wink

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:33:50 AM

John Galt's secret has been uncovered...

AMAZONBTC (OP)

Amazon for BTC

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:57:52 AM

Just thought i could take good advantage.. but im a little confuse in which hardware should i invest

leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:06:33 AM

Just some tricks my country's allows me to do Wink

Oh man, hope its legal.. You might want to buy future generation ASIC with 1-2 TH/s. I personally don't think GPU is the way to go cause people is making FPGA and ASIC for scrypt.....

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:19:15 AM

Free electricity!!! RAGEEEEE... Ok please let me know how you did that? Did you hack the meter or something?
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:12:12 AM

If you've got some sort of green electricity generation, most European governments basically pay you to use electricity.

A wind turbine or solar panels will give you free electicity, if you're willing to make the long term investment.
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:53:40 AM

If you've got some sort of green electricity generation, most European governments basically pay you to use electricity.

A wind turbine or solar panels will give you free electicity, if you're willing to make the long term investment.

Thats not consider free then, since you need to pay for the wind turbine or solar panels... but ya it is a good way to reduce energy cost...
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:14:42 AM

Thats not consider free then, since you need to pay for the wind turbine or solar panels... but ya it is a good way to reduce energy cost...

Well, it's free as far as running the mining equipment is concerned.
AMAZONBTC (OP)

Amazon for BTC

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:02:25 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 03:24:38 AM by AMAZONBTC

No, I'm from Europe but i don't use solar panels. Its just some trick i did with the normal electricity

vanycon

Activity: 317
Merit: 252

In Rarity I trust!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:40:05 PM

No, I'm from Europe but i don't use solar panels. Its just some trick i did with the normal electricity, cant say is legal though..

magnets are illegal (;

I had free electricity - special conditions for students are very special for mining

Aeron 1.250.000 CryptoBonusMiles Giveaway
Useless1d1ot

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:02:58 PM

Some people still live with their parents. A smaller percentage have electricity included in rent--of those, some may get nasty letters asking WTF is going on with their electricity consumption.
AMAZONBTC (OP)

Amazon for BTC

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:58:28 PM

Can someone help me please?
Is the CoinTerra january shipping worth it?

davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:11:57 PM

See my answer here -- to save me re-typing it...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325514.msg3490401#msg3490401

cheers.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
uberdag

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:58:04 PM

I would get knc because u know they are actually shipping or even get some litecoin gpu rigs going or both.

Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:52:50 AM

No, I'm from Europe but i don't use solar panels. Its just some trick i did with the normal electricity, cant say is legal though..

In my country, its jailed for doing that...

timeofmind

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:11:24 AM

No, I'm from Europe but i don't use solar panels. Its just some trick i did with the normal electricity

Coils on the inside of the wall where the main connects to your meter?

BitMessage: BM-GtUdgmqs5voD3M6o3X38gM93RyxPhDK9
Zawamiya

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:26:49 AM

Stop stealing electricity please... but buying cointerra would be a good choice...
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:30:56 PM

Stop stealing electricity please... but buying cointerra would be a good choice...

I would advise to lurk their thread. They haven't taped out yet. Even if they do ship units in January you might not get yours (end of queue) that month.

With 100% free power (and depending on what capacity you are aiming at and what your heat tolerance is) maybe it's smarter to buy more units of less efficient ASIC's such as the 60 GH/s Avalon units that recently auctioned for little more than 2 BTC (you won't get them that cheap but look for it).

Just don't run the risk of actually buying them from Avalon, buy second hand.

Seriously, with free power you should look around a bit more than just posting one thread... don't be lazy.

5 mn after EDIT: Cointerra says they just taped out. Might not be soon enough anyway though so post holds. Lurk it!

EDIT 2: "With the first two batches of TerraMiners now sold out, CoinTerra is opening sales of TerraMiner batch 3 with delivery in February 2014."

looks like the beginning of 2014 will be the real storm with Cointerra and hashfast finally delivering in mass along with blackarrow and just one step away from KNC  20 nm gen 2 device. (Cointerra claims to be working on multiple gens... lol, good luck)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: