Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:03:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Sale vs Public Sale  (Read 1025 times)
Dreamlandzoom

Activity: 414
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:04:18 PM

If bonuses are higher on pre sale, why do so many people wait for public sale?   I seen thrive get a huge jump on public sale?  I don't understand?

To add to earlier replies many investors are not really ready to spend hours in internet looking for info on the projects. They just follow hype and crypto bloggers. Usually during pre-sale the projects are not so known, no shilling, no ratings. Another reason is that sometimes its better to double your investment in 1 month then triple in 3-4 months. So you just need to analyze timing as well. Does it worth it to wait few extra months for 15-20 percent? You decide
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:04:41 PM

presale is as a preliminary event, checking the mood of the society in relation to this project. According to the results of presale already clear a lot of how successful will be the main sale. whether the project will collect a hardcap or softcap. Or may be will fail. For me succesful and fast pre-sale is the sign to hurry up to buy tokens.

Riga

Activity: 784
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:05:01 PM

Some people can not consider the prospects of the project, so they are afraid to buy tokens on pre-sale. But then they realize that the project is strong and buy tokens.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:53:28 PM

If bonuses are higher on pre sale, why do so many people wait for public sale?   I seen thrive get a huge jump on public sale?  I don't understand?
Many invest in the public sale because of the fact that there was a successful collection on the pre sale. And sometimes on  Pre sale has a limit on the amount of investment (for example, from 5 ETH). And there were also crooks who collected money on the pre sale and fled. Many nuances.

I agree. Advance sale is quite risky. There are now a lot of worthless ones on the market. Buying too early tokens can be a lot to lose. I would not risk it that way.
granchio

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:00:30 PM

I think it is almost impossible to make the right decision between pre sale and public sale. Of course pre sale looks much more logical, but unfortunately, there is a big trust problem about the new icos and that makes the things harder.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:03:22 PM

I think it is almost impossible to make the right decision between pre sale and public sale. Of course pre sale looks much more logical, but unfortunately, there is a big trust problem about the new icos and that makes the things harder.
It's like that. There is not that much anyone can do during the sales, I would just wait till it gets listed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Narinderkaurklk

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:01:24 AM

Pre-sale required a minimum funds to be invest but in public sale you can buy with your convenient. In pre sale companies offers you some bonuses and public sale dos't have any offer.If you want to take some extra bonuses then go with presale.
berytry

Activity: 280
Merit: 18

@berytry

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:08:07 AM

pre sale is a marketing trick to introduce the coin, usually pre sale will get bonus, so people will be interested. people are waiting for the public sale because it's only too late to follow pre sale, or maybe because they want to see the prospect after the pre sale
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:49:55 AM

People either wait for soft cap to be reached, or wait for the feedback from early investors. Some ICOs do the pre-sale token distribution before or during the crowdsale. People try to decrease their risks.

Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:57:00 AM

Pre-saled tokens have lower price value because of bonuses where in public sale will give you a higher price value at a higher selling rate than tokens sold at pre sale.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
richardjam

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:59:49 AM

+ Pre Sale is for the organizations or whales   and minimum order is quite high ( ex : 50 ETH , 100 ETH , 200 ETH ) -> people aren't enough rich to invest
+ Public Sale : is for all people
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:14:29 PM

On pre-sale there is a higher limit for participants compared to main sale. Secondly, you just freeze your money for a long period of time . Moreover I know some cases, Jincor ICO, when funds raised on pre sale were not returned to investors. They just wasted it on marketing
digitran

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:37:19 PM

Pre sale means before coming into public they will offer, In pre-sale we can get discount and bonus for participating in pre sale. once it came it to public any one can buy.
In pre sale the amount will be locked till it listed in exchanges.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:16:48 PM

this is because at the time of the presale, many people wouldn't have heard about the project and also the investors will wait to see whether many people will participate or even whether softcap will be reached. Softcap for presale will determine whether people will join main sale. If presale soft is reached early, it gives the notion that the project is a cool one.

Bananiheller

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:34:44 PM

I am against pre-sale. The fact is that many people who are purchased on pre-sale with a large discount sell all tokens in the first days after entering the exchange. For this reason, token prices go down and many people lose money. Everyone should have equal conditions.
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 07:42:17 PM

Let me explain you: presale has a higher level of risk, because nobody know's a 100% which result of sale will be in the and of ICO. But when public sale start's - it mean's, that pre sale was succsessfull and "big player's" join for this project (if project bad - they wont).
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:49:21 PM

People are afraid for their investitions, the project could not reach softcap. Also often at presale investing minimums are very high.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:25:54 PM

Maybe they want to comparing first about the sale. If the pre-sale is successful that means the ICO has a chance to reach the softcap or maybe hardcap. And then they obviously invest their money to the ICO when the public sale begin.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
kakawin

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:12:19 AM

Let me explain you: presale has a higher level of risk, because nobody know's a 100% which result of sale will be in the and of ICO. But when public sale start's - it mean's, that pre sale was succsessfull and "big player's" join for this project (if project bad - they wont).
Now there is another problem. After the release of the token on the exchange, large investors sell coins and get a good profit immediately because they bought tokens on pre-sale at a big discount. Because of this, the price of the coin is greatly reduced, so investors who bought coins on the main sale suffer.
Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:17:39 AM

Pre-sale is brought by the company because of showing the result of actually how much investors are believing in the project and if the number of investors is growing or the sale is finished earlier than the stipulated date that means the project is in heavy demand in the public mind and this is the ultimate criteria to set up price per token in the public sale.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: