Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION! BOUNTY CAMPAIGN MODUS OPERANDI SPOTTED!  (Read 872 times)
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4424

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:10:33 PM

One way to quickly(ish) check if some one is using your account for a bounty campaign (at least on the same bounty as you anyway, it's a lot tougher if they are using your details in a bounty you are not even enrolled in!) is to go to the bounty spreadsheet and click on the column heading with your bitcointalk name in (I have just used a random bounty to use to illustrate).
I know faster way: CTRL + F  Wink

@OP there are 800 different bounty campaigns bumped today and it is impossible for any of us to go trough all spreadsheets to check them every day, I believe campaign managers are checking participants and signatures and if they notice that someone is not wearing signature they will remove name from the list, especially when they count stakes after ICO ends.

~
If someone devises a method to combat this, please pm me so I can implement it into the few bounties I manage. I have nailed a few cheaters who used reputable members names and profiles here only because I messaged those users and asked if they joined. Otherwise I have had to rely on users checking the spreadsheets and messaging me that xxxxx user used their name and removed the cheater
How do you count their stakes if they are not participating in campaign?
Don't you check participants before sending payment?
This stuff only happens in the airdrops from what I've seen where they have to basically join a telegram channel and that's it. You can make a billion telegram names a day if you want, so that is hard to check to see if someone is cheating.

For facebook or twitter it's easier to check as we have the link to either of those accounts

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:35:39 PM

This stuff only happens in the airdrops from what I've seen where they have to basically join a telegram channel and that's it. You can make a billion telegram names a day if you want, so that is hard to check to see if someone is cheating.

For facebook or twitter it's easier to check as we have the link to either of those accounts

You can easily check for any two cells having same values in an excel sheet to eradicate duplicates, the formula is relatively simple .

I did that in the campaign that I managed to eradicate duplicates.

1. https://www.accountingweb.com/technology/excel/identifying-duplicate-values-in-an-excel-list
2. https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/2537-excel-compare-if-multiple-cells-are-equal.html

Whichever suits you.

ATB!  Grin

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:24:49 PM

Huh... I wonder if this is why I have twice received a PM from a sig campaign manager welcoming me to their campaign and reminding me to wear the signature. I thought this was a new form of spam, but looking into one of the campaigns further I see my username on their google spreadsheet with an ETH address that most certainly isn't mine.

But again, what is the point if I don't wear the signature? Whoever used my username with their ETH address isn't going to comply with the sig campaign rules and therefore won't get paid, right?

<NB - I have not participated in any bounties or sig campaigns so not totally clued in on how this works, but I did watch from the sidelines as one of the Intensecoin campaigns went into meltdown mode because of some snafu with Slack usernames so I assume not following the rules = no pay>

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:37:21 PM

This is another plague that unscrupulous individuals are allowing to penetrate the forum. I remember that one of the reasons why google docs is being used in the bounty section is because of how the massive slowing down of the forum it caused. But I still blame the manager for not checking out whether their participants are even complying with the rules before accepting them because if someone uses another username to apply for a campaign, while he can copy his username and profile link, he sure cannot apply the signature if he does not have full control of the account. A random check would have solved all of this without the need to wait till the end of the campaign before distributing stakes.
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:43:42 PM

This is obviously a from of fraud perpetrated by those who are not responsible. They are only concerned with money without working. Not worth imitating and is strictly prohibited.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 08:04:38 PM

This type of things is usually seen in the blog campaign, People try to use someone else btctalk profile link thinking they can join the campaign multiple times, or those people who do not have a btctalk account. I have got many reports and I reject all those entries.

For other campaigns like social media, I'm using my bountyportal, where there is no need for the btctalk profile link.

And for the signature campaign, I have not seen a single this type of complaint, and why they would do this?

For last translation campaign, I have my own list created once which has a permanent and backup translator, So no chance of scammer/ spammer there too to join with someone else account.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:33:44 PM

I'll give the manager in question a few more days to respond. IMO if he refuses to even acknowledge this at all, he should be tagged(?).

Not by you or any other DT2 member who is also a campaign manager. you have tagged a member who is a manager, recently he was fired from a managing job because of red trust. you could have taken his job if he wasn't tagged by you.

There is nothing for you in tagging other managers, if there was something in it for you, it would be abusing of your power, tagging them and then taking their jobs. let somebody else tag him so you can have his job. have you asked his employer to see if they are fine paying those cheaters or not? if they are fine paying them, no need to tag anybody.

~LM.

🖤😏
0t3p0t (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 03:10:11 PM

I think we need to hunt these cheaters together during our free time and report to whom it may concern since we are in the same forum and don't have a solution to totally eliminate this kind of cheating issue as of this time.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 03:26:28 PM

I'll give the manager in question a few more days to respond. IMO if he refuses to even acknowledge this at all, he should be tagged(?).

Not by you or any other DT2 member who is also a campaign manager. you have tagged a member who is a manager, recently he was fired from a managing job because of red trust. you could have taken his job if he wasn't tagged by you.

There is nothing for you in tagging other managers[1], if there was something in it for you, it would be abusing of your power, tagging them and then taking their jobs. let somebody else tag him so you can have his job.

~LM.
What are you talking about and since when is your signature "~LM" (lawmaker?)? I am not interested in his little (scam) job. Roll Eyes

have you asked his employer to see if they are fine paying those cheaters or not? if they are fine paying them, no need to tag anybody.
That's not how any of this works.

[1] There is nothing for me in tagging anyone..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 04:55:45 PM

Hi, Sylon's "Proof of authentication post" is one way to eliminate those cheaters. As it is required to paste the link POA to the registration form. This will prevent someone else' or inactive account's profile from being used.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 05:00:45 PM

Hi, Sylon's "Proof of authentication post" is one way to eliminate those cheaters. As it is required to paste the link POA to the registration form. This will prevent someone else' or inactive account's profile from being used.

That requires unnecessary spam (the same way that bounties where applications go through the thread and not external forms or services do). However, I might have to do something like that as a temporary workaround as well. The best solution are platforms that require registering and which have a method of validating the BTCT account in question.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 03:34:26 AM

That requires unnecessary spam (the same way that bounties where applications go through the thread and not external forms or services do). However, I might have to do something like that as a temporary workaround as well. The best solution are platforms that require registering and which have a method of validating the BTCT account in question.
How about placing the address on our profile. Just like BTC, there's a place for btc address. Placing other addresses in some parts of the profile like in location might do the trick. Linking our btct accounts to a 3rd party platform is quite risky if got compromised.

Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:19:35 AM

Thanks for sharing this information Sir. Looks like we're now dealing with this another problem of the Forum.
Just a clarification, how actually can they get paid using your profile? For example, they join a signature campaign using your profile and username but the address is the idiot's (impostor's) address, but you are wearing a different Signature. Is the Campaign Manager will still pay them? It is not isn't? Because in order to get paid you must wear the Signature of the campaign where this idiot (impostor) joined. Am I right? I've heard about the same kind of Modus but all they used is other members's gmail when filling up an airdrop application.

I'm pretty sure that this is not the only case if we will try to check all of the bounties's spreadsheets. Looks like they are now using a new Modus. Haaayst when will these idiots will learn to stop making frauds.

Thank you for that idea mate I do hope it will work on my mobile phone. Grin

Edit: Not working on my mobile phone but my big eyes can still spot these cheaters and I will hunt them.
You can use the "Find and replace" function of the spreadsheet for Android phone to search a particular Name, address, etc.

It is much better than reading all the cells of the spreadsheet one by one Smiley

404 Not Found
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 06:13:10 AM

How about placing the address on our profile. Just like BTC, there's a place for btc address. Placing other addresses in some parts of the profile like in location might do the trick. Linking our btct accounts to a 3rd party platform is quite risky if got compromised.
The more I think about this, the more I think this is a good and easy solution. I'd be okay to scrape addresses from "Location" in the profile.
That would also mean that anyone who fails to submit a proper Bitcointalk URL will be rejected. Some people enter it in the wrong field, enter just their Bitcointalk name, or enter "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile" as profile link. The same goes for anyone who enters without address in their profile.

8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:43:04 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 09:31:40 AM by 8count

The more I think about this, the more I think this is a good and easy solution. I'd be okay to scrape addresses from "Location" in the profile.
That would also mean that anyone who fails to submit a proper Bitcointalk URL will be rejected. Some people enter it in the wrong field, enter just their Bitcointalk name, or enter "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile" as profile link. The same goes for anyone who enters without address in their profile.

I like the idea of being able to place other addresses, like my ETH address in my Bitcointalk profile as well.

I have been having issues with scammers/cheaters in my current signature campaign. I had sent a PM to the bounty manager on both BCT and Telegram before they had even accepted the fake one and still no response.

As you can see on the google doc spreadsheet that I'm number #36 and the fake one is #95. I got no doubt if you went through the spreadsheet there would be more.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wpnyQ7icB_q53bQc4iregEfp4MgXDkqd0IcIkjccxXY/edit#gid=352254603

I'm more concerned that it could have negativity on my account. I might do bounty campaigns but I use this forum for researching, investing information and keeping up to date about crypto.
coinlocket$
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1512

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:01:30 AM

I'm more concerned that it could have negativity on my account. I might do bounty campaigns but I use this forum for researching, investing information and keeping up to date about crypto.
Snip

I've also reported at @tokensuite the cheaters on "my bounty signature" but so far they got stakes. I hope they will read my report https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3221684.msg34143902#msg34143902
Spreadsheet here-> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a-cO_-ys_dNvUU-NqlGtrPPEXSM8Uv9gdOvakiQ5PWE/edit#gid=2033104931.

Don't even look at telegram bounty, infinite numbers of scammers.

(I maybe have the perfect solution to avoid fake users but I need more information before posting a nonsense thing, let me study more)

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
0t3p0t (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:23:58 AM

Snip

I've also reported at @tokensuite the cheaters on "my bounty signature" but so far they got stakes. I hope they will read my report https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3221684.msg34143902#msg34143902
Spreadsheet here-> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a-cO_-ys_dNvUU-NqlGtrPPEXSM8Uv9gdOvakiQ5PWE/edit#gid=2033104931.

Don't even look at telegram bounty, infinite numbers of scammers.

(I maybe have the perfect solution to avoid fake users but I need more information before posting a nonsense thing, let me study more)
If that solution works please share it with us most especially to managers for us to be able to fight these cheaters.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 03:42:11 PM

That would also mean that anyone who fails to submit a proper Bitcointalk URL will be rejected. Some people enter it in the wrong field, enter just their Bitcointalk name, or enter "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile" as profile link. ~
I already put every information that can be authentic evidence (inc. Location to put my ERC20 Address)
Seriously, we need a manager who do everything precisely. I mean, it's okay you can put extra security with Proof of Authentication. But, as Lauda said it will useless when A Massive Spam (usually, Useless Link Report) mess up the Thread.
So, i think both Participant and BM synchronize each other. Participant put their information accurately and BM check it thoroughly so no more CHEATER steal our credentials again.
Sadly, few BM care about it.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 04:51:41 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 05:26:29 PM by LoyceV

I like the idea of being able to place other addresses, like my ETH address in my Bitcointalk profile as well.
This is Bitcointalk, so I don't expect theymos to ever make a separate field for it.

Seriously, we need a manager who do everything precisely.
I like running campaigns with zero tolerance and very strict rules. But that just means no business for me, the market demands something else.
1. Now imagine I run a self-moderated bounty thread and delete all posts with Facebook/Twitter links, ICO bumpers, and questions that can be answered by reading the thread. That means the thread quickly disappears to page 25 or further on the Bounty board.
2. Now imagine I want to limit cheaters, so I won't allow anyone under Jr. Member rank. That means the business I'm promoting misses out on many spammers who use many accounts, and gets less publicity. All "bounty hunters" seem to have the same group of people as "friends" and followers, it looks like a big circle. But apparently this works, and they sell their tokens.
3. Now imagine I limit even more spammers by only allowing Bitcointalk accounts that have earned at least x merits, and checking if their merited posts were really worth it, or bust them for merit trading. This would lead to even less people joining the campaign.
4. Now imagine I download the Eth-address from the Location tag on the Bitcointalk profile, and require a signed message from a Bitcoin address in the profile to proof ownership. Nobody can cheat with the wrong profile, and if someone commits plagiarism, I can leave them red trust.

At the end of the campaign, I'll have received hundreds of PMs from people complaining, tagged hundreds of accounts with red trust, spend an awful amount of time doing this, and the few people who play by the rules won't be enough to make the campaign a success.
This can only work if all campaigns actively fight spam, otherwise the spam free campaigns will be expensive to manage and inefficient for token sales. The sad truth is: spam works!

I mean, it's okay you can put extra security with Proof of Authentication. But, as Lauda said it will useless when A Massive Spam
I've seen "Proof of Authentication" posts, and in my opinion it's just spam! This is crypto, you can proof ownership with a signature. I can easily proof this account belongs to me, by signing a message from the address in my profile saying "this is LoyceV and send tokens to address X". There's no need to post that anywhere. "Proof of Authentication" is just used to bump the thread. And with 500 threads competing for the same first page, it's no wonder half the posts on the forum are in bounty threads by now!

Sadly, few BM care about it.
That would only change if bounty managers get banned if they allow spam.

Update: I just realized this is much worse than I thought. In just one campaign I found 1044 Bitcointalk accounts that entered anywhere from 2 to 5 times.

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:14:25 PM

Seriously, we need a manager who do everything precisely.
I like running campaigns with zero tolerance and very strict rules. But that just means no business for me, the market demands something else.
-snip-

Hmm, you've just made a very eloquent and persuasive argument to ban bounty campaigns completely. You convinced me, anyway.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: