Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Dailybitcoins.org] Bitcoin faucet, sponsored by ads  (Read 71451 times)
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:35:23 AM

I'm waiting for my bitcoins. How long does send coins?
Between 1pm and 3am UTC+3 about few hours, else on next day.

How long after payment do the ads go live?
You pay for number of impressions or number of clicks, not time. Your ad will be shown if you have remaining at least one impression or click.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cory

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:38:19 AM

You pay for number of impressions or number of clicks, not time. Your ad will be shown if you have remaining at least one impression or click.
I think there's a misunderstanding. You obviously don't put the ad online until you receive payment. How many confirmations(blocks) do you require before the ad is live and on the front page?
Weaver

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:42:31 AM

I think there's a misunderstanding. You obviously don't put the ad online until you receive payment. How many confirmations(blocks) do you require before the ad is live and on the front page?
Mine went live in less than a day.
I'd just like to say I've bought some ads on the site and so far everything is working perfectly! I'll post back here about how worthwhile those clicks were later Smiley
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:43:46 AM

How many confirmations(blocks) do you require before the ad is live and on the front page?
I enable ad immediately after receiving payment and don't wait any confirmations. In case of fraud I can remove ad and place advertiser on shame board, I think nobody want this and tries to cheat.
Cory

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:45:32 AM

How many confirmations(blocks) do you require before the ad is live and on the front page?
I enable ad immediately after receiving payment and don't wait any confirmations. In case of fraud I can remove ad and place advertiser on shame board, I think nobody want this and tries to cheat.
Hm, I sent bitcoins to 14hXjcP9Xscqs7UetL4ob2aPdTXwfrGPES and my ad isn't live.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:58:31 AM

Your ad does not meets quality standards to be posted on our website. We will never pollute website with bullshit, reputation is important for my business. You have right to edit ad and place something appropriate.

Raw contents of your ad:
<a href=\"http://bitcoin.org\"><span style=\"color: #336600; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;\">OH GOD ZOMBIES PLEASE NO ARRRRRRBLGLBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR GLAJDHSFJDHDSFHJDG HELP!!</span><br/><span style=\"color:#339900; font-weight: bold;\">HELP ME PLEASE</span></a>
Cory

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:03:42 AM

Your ad does not meets quality standards to be posted on our website. We will never pollute website with bullshit, reputation is important for my business. You have right to edit ad and place something appropriate.

Raw contents of your ad:
<a href=\"http://bitcoin.org\"><span style=\"color: #336600; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;\">OH GOD ZOMBIES PLEASE NO ARRRRRRBLGLBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR GLAJDHSFJDHDSFHJDG HELP!!</span><br/><span style=\"color:#339900; font-weight: bold;\">HELP ME PLEASE</span></a>

So the ads don't go up immediately, but have to pass a quality check? How long does that normally take?

Where can I find your quality standard guidelines?
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:14:19 AM

How long does that normally take?
In our working time it takes usually up to 15 mins.

I don't restrict anything, even accepted poker ad for U.S. players. But agree your ad is not satisfactory from any point of view.
Cory

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:22:11 AM

How long does that normally take?
In our working time it takes usually up to 15 mins.

I don't restrict anything, even accepted poker ad for U.S. players. But agree your ad is not satisfactory from any point of view.

I don't understand why the ad actually needs to be... advertising. Is it really necessary to promote a product? As long the content isn't offensive to anybody, I think that users would be happy to see such a light-hearted billboard. I know I would be glad to have a break from the gambling and online money transferring services.

I understand if that isn't the kind of service you're selling, and if that's the case I am going to request my 0.0505 bitcoins be returned to me at this time. I was under the impression that you were selling that space on your website moreso than you were selling the ability to promote products only under certain circumstances. If an advertiser wanted to creatively attract customers, I'll bet they would make an ad similar to mine. I know a lot of great innovative companies use unique advertising, and it gets people talking. Cheesy
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:28:17 AM

Who's up to pool some of out coin together to buy some add space, and pay someone to make an awesome composite banner ad of the people who contribute. I was thinking along the line of "Rich Douchbag" theme. Like the cast from the male version of Sex and the City known as Entourage.

I was thinking for the photo, for the dudes, white button open in front, sun glasses, small denomination local currency or something else that screams "I only got a single $20 to wrap around my singles!"

Anyone in? I think for like a combined 1btc we can just buy up ad space for no other reason than we can.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:50:31 AM

I am going to request my 0.0505 bitcoins be returned to me at this time.
Please read Terms of Service BEFORE clicking "I agree".

I understand if that isn't the kind of service you're selling, and if that's the case  I was under the impression that you were selling that space on your website moreso than you were selling the ability to promote products only under certain circumstances. If an advertiser wanted to creatively attract customers, I'll bet they would make an ad similar to mine. I know a lot of great innovative companies use unique advertising, and it gets people talking
Again, I don't discriminate any content but please agree, your ad is out of any acceptable borders. Placing these ads can have negative impact on our reputation and no advertiser want to place his ad near like yours.
Read Google AdSense ToS, you will see that my rules are super liberal.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:54:13 AM

Added timer, now you can know how much time left before you can order next payout.
Cory

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:57:02 AM

I am going to request my 0.0505 bitcoins be returned to me at this time.
Please read Terms of Service BEFORE clicking "I agree".
I did read the ToS and just reread it to be sure. Which part are you referring to?
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:59:37 AM

Added timer, now you can know how much time left before you can order next payout.

cool "Come back after 19 hours!". so does this text update via ajax/javascript or do I still need to refresh the page?

Queries are sent via Ajax.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:10:45 PM

I did read the ToS and just reread it to be sure. Which part are you referring to?

Our ToS:
Acceptable use
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.

Please agree that your ad is NOT reasonable and have no useful content from any point of view. For this behavior Google bans forever without refund, I am more liberal and allow you change ad to something useful.

Again, your ad raw contents:
Cory

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:23:42 PM

Our ToS:
Acceptable use
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.

Agree, your ad is NOT reasonable and have no useful content from any point of view. For this behavior Google bans forever without refund, I am more liberal and allow you change ad to something useful.

Again, your ad raw contents:
I think the ad is reasonable. I also don't think that it may cause damage to the website. So I guess that's subjective. Perhaps you should allow the customer to send you the ad so it can be screened before they pay.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:33:13 PM

So I guess that's subjective.
Many things are subjective, but I don't think this about your ad. Again, I have not forfeited your funds, you have the right to change ad to something reasonable and your 500 paid impressions will be preformed.

Perhaps you should allow the customer to send you the ad so it can be screened before they pay.
There is preview tool on our website, you can view ad without payment.
Cory

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 12:42:43 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2011, 01:42:44 PM by Cory

Many things are subjective, but I don't think this about your ad. Again, I have not forfeited your funds, you have the right to change ad to something reasonable and your 500 paid impressions will be preformed.
Alright, I uploaded a new one. Cheesy

There is preview tool on our website, you can view ad without payment.
I mean a tool where an admin will review the ad and give feedback as to whether it will be displayed. That way nobody needs to waste anybody else's time or money.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 01:22:37 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2011, 01:33:11 PM by giantdragon

Alright, I uploaded a new one. Cheesy
Approved. 500 impressions counted.

I mean a tool where an admin will review the ad and give feedback as to whether it will be displayed. That way nobody needs to waste anybody else's time or money.
If your ad was rejected, you will receive email with explanation why it happened. You have to correct mistakes and after that your ad will be shown.
elements

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 02:05:37 PM

I have a question: when you got to dailybitcoins.org and you get a quote. How long does is stay valid. Can you wait until your "next" day starts to collect?

Thanks for an answer!

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: