Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:36:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Dailybitcoins.org] Bitcoin faucet, sponsored by ads  (Read 71451 times)
elements

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:08:29 PM

This still doesn't give you the right to call me a cheater! When in fact I am not.
I hit the jackpot today and because I was afraid of losing it and asked first before I acted I lost it (how could I know that the prize is only stable for two minutes?) - And not only didn't I get my prize...in addition to that I get accused of fraud and cheating. That's not very nice!

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:14:12 PM

This still doesn't give you the right to call me a cheater! When in fact I am not.
I hit the jackpot today and because I was afraid of losing it and asked first before I acted I lost it (how could I know that the prize is only stable for two minutes?) - And not only didn't I get my prize...in addition to that I get accused of fraud and cheating. That's not very nice!

Justified. You are just unlucky to be marked as cheater by our statistical algorithm.
elements

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:23:50 PM

Justified. You are just unlucky to be marked as cheater by our statistical algorithm.

Wow, that's a hell of an apology! Nicely done!

Greetings to Riga!

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:21:49 PM

Wow, to see someone cry and moan so hard about something which they are offered for free...

I, for one, am happy for this service, which has worked as advertised the entire time I have used it.

Hope more advertisers will join, I do read all ads, and would like to see some new interesting ones!

And Cory, I take it your ad is the one with the smiley face? Cheesy

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:55:58 PM

Added FAQ. English is not my native language so help to correct spelling.
And ask other questions you want to appear here!
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:25:37 PM

I'm not a native speaker myself, but I invested some time and tried to correct it as best as I could.

How much can I get?
You can receive amount that appeared on main page. There is always some small amount available (booby prize), but during a day in random time we are giving away many times valuable prizes. See Stats section about prizes that soon become available.

How much can I get?
You can receive the amount that appears on main page. There is always some small amount available (booby prize), but at a random time every day we are giving away many valuable prizes. See the stats section for prizes that will become available soon.

How often can I get a gift?
You can get only one bounty per day, not depending of it’s value. Under term day we understand 24 hours, i.e. you can order new prize after passing 24 hours from your previous order. To know how much time left until next bounty available to you just make order and you would get appropriate message.

How often can I get a gift?
You can get only one bounty per day, independent of it’s value. The term day refers to 24 hours, i.e. you can get a new prize 24 hours after your previous prize. To know how much time is left until the next bounty is available to you just request a bounty and you will see an appropriate message.

How long prize quote is valid?
You must take prize within 2 minutes from page loading time. If you are late or refreshed page (press F5), prize invalidates and can go to another user. In this case you will receive another bounty available, but if no more available – guaranteed booby prize.

How long is the prize valid?
You must claim the prize within 2 minutes after the page has loaded. If you are too late or refreshed the page (pressed F5), the prize becomes invalid and can go to another user. In this case you will receive another bounty offer or, if no more are available, the guaranteed booby prize.

How much times can I refresh page catching best prize?
You can do this as often as you want, but to protect our website from robots after certain refreshes per time interval you will be required to solve CAPTCHA to get the quote.

How many times can I refresh the page to get the best prize?
You can do this as often as you want, but to protect our website from robots you will be required to solve a CAPTCHA after a certain number of refreshes per time interval to get a bounty offer.

I didn’t received payment. Why?
To prevent fraud all requested payments are being analyzed with special statistical algorithm that detects probabily of cheating using various factors. If this probability is above threshold, payment is automatically rejected. Of course chance of false positive always exists, but for most cases is negligible. If you have fallen into these category, we are sorry. Analyzer’s decision is final and cannot be disputed.

I didn’t received a payment. Why?
To prevent fraud all requested payments are being analyzed with a special statistical algorithm that detects the probability of cheating using various factors. If this probability is above a threshold, the payment is automatically rejected. Of course chances of false positive always exist, but in most cases it can be neglected. If you have fallen into this category, we are sorry. The analyzer’s decision is final and cannot be disputed.

What is your working time?
We process orders and send payments almost every hour in our working time, which lasts from 1pm to 3am UTC+3. To minimize transaction costs we can delay payments to send more prizes in a bunch at once.

When are your working hours?
We process orders and send payments almost every hour during our working hours, which are from 1pm to 3am UTC+3. To minimize transaction costs we can delay payments to send more prizes in a bunch at once.

Advertisers
What measurement types of advertising do you offer?
We offer Cost per Mille (pay per 1000 impressions, i.e. how much times ad was shown) and Cost per Click (pay for each ad link follow) advertisement chemes.

What types of advertising do you offer?
We offer Cost per Mille (pay per 1000 impressions, i.e. how many times an ad was shown) and Cost per Click (pay for each ad link followed) advertisement schemes.

What advertisements do you accept?
We do not impose any restrictions on products you are advertising, but your ad must be well-formated text box and fit visually into website appearance. We reserve the right to ask you reformat ad and will send you notification e-mail.

What advertisements do you accept?
We do not impose any restrictions on the products you are advertising, but your ad must be a well-formatted textbox and fit visually into the website's appearance. We reserve the right to ask you to reformat your ad and will send you a notification e-mail.

When my ad will be added?
Your ad will be added in our working time after review and payment receive, which is usually less than a hour. We do not wait for payment confirmations.

When my ad will be added?
Your ad will be added during our working hours after review and after payment was received, which is usually in less than a hour. We do not wait for payment confirmations.

Can I change geolocation options?
Yes, please contact us if you need to do this.

Can I change the geolocation options?
Yes, please contact us if you need to do this.

Can I get refund?
No, you can’t.

Can I get a refund?
No, you can’t.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:36:30 PM

Bitsky, thanks, sent you a tip.
kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:05:00 AM

Question: how do you prevent one person from getting multiple payouts in the same day?

Is it external IP-specific?

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:22:35 AM

Question: how do you prevent one person from getting multiple payouts in the same day?

Is it external IP-specific?
Automatically system prevents multiple requests by IP, payment address and cookie. Additionally, before sending payments all requests are being analyzed with statistical algorithm by multiple factors, which calculates probability of fraudulent order. If it is above threshold, payment get rejected.
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 12:42:36 AM

Got my ad live Smiley took about 30 mins so that was very fast! I'm working on getting better CTR: actually getting 2.4% CTR.

Which is not bad for this traffic category (people looking for free stuff).

I strongly recommend those services to people which want to start or grow their business it can drive a lot of targeted traffic.

Thanks for this service giantdragon

-Tom-

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 10:32:42 AM

There must be an error in your coding. Everytime I hit the send button, I get an error message: Seems that you wrote somwhere in your coding URI instead of URL. Could you please check?
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:31:03 AM

There must be an error in your coding. Everytime I hit the send button, I get an error message: Seems that you wrote somwhere in your coding URI instead of URL. Could you please check?
Post here error message.
-Tom-

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:48:50 AM

Line: 7
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://dailybitcoins.org/pages/getbitcoins.js

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:06:19 PM

What browser are you using? Website was tested in Firefox and Chrome, this problem never emerged.
Give screenshot please.
-Tom-

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:17:17 PM

I tried with IE. When I used Firefox, there was no problem. So for the future, I will always use Firefox for your website :-)
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:32:46 PM

I tried with IE. When I used Firefox, there was no problem. So for the future, I will always use Firefox for your website :-)
I will add to FAQ that old versions of IE are not supported.
dancupid

Activity: 955

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 03:29:42 PM

Do people who use IE also use bitcoin? God help them.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:54:27 PM

Bitsky, thanks, sent you a tip.
Thanks

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:13:21 PM

Site reached 1000 unique visitors per day!
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 07:42:25 PM

Now we started accepting WebMoney and wire transfer (SEPA) to Latvian bank.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: