Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:07:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-11-05 Tweakers.net (Dutch): Thuisbezorgd (food-delivery) accepts Bitcoin  (Read 1516 times)
Rannasha (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:28:29 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 02:24:01 PM by Rannasha

Original Dutch (source: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/92398/thuisbezorgd-accepteert-betalingen-met-bitcoins.html)
Thuisbezorgd accepteert betalingen met Bitcoins

Gebruikers van Thuisbezorgd.nl kunnen vanaf dinsdag afrekenen met bitcoins om eten te bestellen bij een van de 5000 bezorgrestaurants die zijn aangesloten bij de dienst. Het is daarmee een van de eerste grote Nederlandse diensten die Bitcoins accepteert.

Thuisbezorgd.nl heeft ondersteuning voor Bitcoins vooral toegevoegd om meer keuzevrijheid te bieden aan gebruikers, stelt het bedrijf. De dienst geeft geen inschatting over de verwachte populariteit, maar Imad Qutob, marketingmanager van de site, zegt te verwachten dat iDeal veruit de populairste betaalmethode zal blijven. "We denken niet dat het aandeel direct al 10 procent zal zijn", zegt hij tegen Tweakers.

"We geloven dat meerdere partijen groot kunnen worden met online betalen", vervolgt hij, "In 2009 voegden we ondersteuning voor Paypal toe, dat was toen ook nog niet zo groot als nu." Over de populatiteit in Nederland zegt hij: "Het is moeilijk in te schatten hoeveel mensen er gebruik van maken. Het is een kip-en-ei-verhaal: zolang je er nergens met Bitcoins kunt betalen, zal de populartiteit moeilijk groeien."

De ondersteuning voor Bitcoins betekent desondanks een flinke duw in de rug voor de online valuta in Nederland: Thuisbezorgd.nl is wat betreft omzet de op negen na grootste retailer in Nederland volgens de Twinkle100 en ongeveer de helft van alle betalingen via Thuisbezorgd.nl verloopt online.

Translation by me:
Thuisbezorgd (tn: company name translates to "delivered at home") accepts payments with Bitcoins.

Starting tuesday, customers of Thuisbezorgd.nl can pay with Bitcoins when ordering food at one of the 5000 delivery-restaurants associated with the service. This makes it one of the first large Dutch services to accept Bitcoins.

Thuisbezorgd.nl has added support for Bitcoins primarily to offer more options for its customers, according to the company. The service did not provide an estimate for the expected popularity, but Imad Qutob, the sites marketingmanager, says he expects iDeal (tn: Dutch payment system for online payments from customers checkings account) to remain the most popular payment method. "We don't think that the share of Bitcoin payments will directly be 10%," he told Tweakers.

"We believe that multiple parties can become big in online payments," he continues, "In 2009 we added Paypal support, which wasn't as big then as it is now." About the popularity (tn: of Bitcoin) in the Netherlands he says: "It's hard to estimate how many people use it. It's a chicken-and-egg story: As long as you can't pay with Bitcoins, its popularity won't grow easily."

The support for Bitcoins however means a strong push for the online currency in the Netherlands: Thuisbezorgd.nl is, in terms of gross revenue, the 10th largest (tn: online) retailer in the Netherlands according to the Twinkle100 and approximately half the payments handled by Thuisbezorgd.nl occur online.

While not huge on a global scale, this is a massive leap in Bitcoin acceptance in the Netherlands. Thuisbezorgd.nl is an extremely well-known service, especially among younger people. The service works as an liason between delivery-restaurants and customers. Restaurants can sign up with the service, add their menu and prices and are added to a geographical search function. Customers can search for restaurants in their area, pick their order and pay without leaving the Thuisbezorgd website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jouke

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 12:20:27 PM

This is a massive leap in Bitcoin acceptance in the Netherlands.
Absolutely! Everybody in the Netherlands knows about this site.

Koop en verkoop snel en veilig bitcoins via iDeal op Bitonic.nl
Sinedia

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:28:34 PM

Missed that post on Tweakers, thanks for the update.
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:35:13 PM

This is huge for Dutch people, just now ordered lunch!

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 01:33:49 PM

Huge! This news definitely fits into the current top 10 best news items about bitcoin.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:47:01 PM

Awesome news, read it this morning as well. I'm especially pleased because, at least that was my impression, the NL is a bit spotty when it comes to Bitcoin awareness (btc conference took place in Amsterdam, but relatively few sellers on localbitcoins, and no "bitcoin friendly district" like in Berlin).

Anyway, thuisbezorgd is absolutely mainstream and used by everyone and his grandmother, so the mere fact that it now says (in the lower right corner of their frontpage) "bitcoin" is fantastic.

*Goes to order Kip Roti*

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:48:29 PM

Wow this is huge Smiley
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:01:03 PM

d'oh. should have known you're Dutch, wachtwoord

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:02:57 PM

Alright guys, now that we're all here.... let's start a Zwarte Piet discussion ^__^

Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:09:41 PM

Let the hype begin in our country!
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

"let's start a Zwarte Piet discussion ^__^"; How about, no?

I missed that post on Tweakers but I think it's great! This means I can order food from local retailers, as some of them are part of 'Thuisbezorgd.nl'. I'm glad to see that the Bitcoin is getting better accepted in the Netherlands, and I think this is just the start. Bitcoin & Thuisbezorgd.nl; you rock!

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Rannasha (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:32:21 PM

Some more info from nu.nl: http://www.nu.nl/tech/3620286/thuisbezorgd-accepteert-betalingen-via-bitcoin.html

No fees are charged for BTC-payments and BitPay is used as payment provider.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: