Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:13:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 day old account with 10 merits. It is acceptable?  (Read 333 times)
cryptonad (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:20:23 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 09:49:14 AM by cryptonad

Just curious about merit system. I believed of its purpose to eradicate the spammers and shitposters.
But I have noticed some newbies already have 10 merits in just 3 activity and a 1 day old account???!!! Which is the merit required to ranked up to member. And noticed some Jr. Member already have more than 120 activity are having zero merits. Newbies having ranked friends can simply provide them the merits. But how about those don't have?? Those people posting a meaningful posts still have nothing. Here is the sample profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2000093

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slava79

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:55:48 AM

Merits and activity are not related. You do a great single post, you earn 100 merit. Or, you are posting bullshit all the time and you have 0 merit with 1000x activities.

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
cryptonad (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:59:24 AM

Merits and activity are not related. You do a great single post, you earn 100 merit. Or, you are posting bullshit all the time and you have 0 merit with 1000x activities.
I understand but from a single user?

Merit summary for zcroc1
Merit: 10
Sent in the last 120 days
Today at 07:02:08 AM: 5 to lordquanta for Re: Is fall of bitcoin from 16k$ good for bitcoin and alt-crypto?
Received in the last 120 days
April 03, 2018, 02:04:00 PM: 10 from lordquanta for What is the significance of altcoins in economics of crypto world?
Slava79

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:00:51 AM

I understand but from a single user?

Merit summary for zcroc1
Merit: 10
Sent in the last 120 days
Today at 07:02:08 AM: 5 to lordquanta for Re: Is fall of bitcoin from 16k$ good for bitcoin and alt-crypto?
Received in the last 120 days
April 03, 2018, 02:04:00 PM: 10 from lordquanta for What is the significance of altcoins in economics of crypto world?
Powered by MySQL  Powered by PHP   Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines   Valid XHTML 1.0!  Valid CSS!

If you suspect this is a merit abuse, you could post about it in Meta section in the corresponding topic.

Github | Site | Chat
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:37:29 AM

It's acceptable because newbies can participate just as well as any other member.

This certain case could be construed as merit abuse via merit trading though. You can try reporting them here. Make sure you follow the format on the first post. I don't know if this is enough for negative trust though, as theymos seems to prefer giving people the benefit of the doubt.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:44:53 AM

You could say this is merit abuse as 10 merits for that post might definitely be too high. But how can we actually prove that it's merit abuse? What if the user who gave the merits legitimately wanted to give him 10 merits for his post? You wouldn't want to ban/penalize a possibly innocent user.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Irenjosh

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:26:30 PM

Perhaps he/she bought those 10 merit or has a hero or legendary member account and gave himself those 10 merit. Cos I can't see any other way 10 merit would be gotten so easily. This merit system is not fair to new people joining bitcoin like me.

cosmo coin // The First High ROI, Airdropped
Masternodes Coin With Smart Contract Integration (https://cosmoscoin.co/)
Slava79

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

Perhaps he/she bought those 10 merit or has a hero or legendary member account and gave himself those 10 merit. Cos I can't see any other way 10 merit would be gotten so easily. This merit system is not fair to new people joining bitcoin like me.

It is always going this way with everything related to bitcoin and can be expressed as "you better started earlier..." Smiley

Github | Site | Chat
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:52:14 PM

I put him on ignore, because he is a merit beggar, so he will never get any merits from me.

I agree that the post isn't worth 10 merits, so maybe we should look into the donor's history, and watch what the merit beggar does with his 5 sMerits.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:59:42 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 03:10:46 PM by suchmoon

I put him on ignore, because he is a merit beggar, so he will never get any merits from me.

I agree that the post isn't worth 10 merits, so maybe we should look into the donor's history, and watch what the merit beggar does with his 5 sMerits.

The 5 merits have been sent back to the same user:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2000093

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image

I'm generally staying out of red-tagging merit abuse because it's so subjective, but this is very close to tipping me over.

Edit: Another forth-and-back with a noob:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1995745

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:01:27 PM

The 5 merits have been sent back to the same user:

I'm generally staying out of red-tagging merit abuse because it's so subjective, but this is very close to tipping me over.

Tag that with a smile on your face, then do a little dance if they moan! people like that deserve it.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Talk merit

Activity: 244

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:06:09 PM

I'd tag him for being stupid. You've got to be stupid to be as obvious as that. Smiley

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
Slava79

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:20:07 PM

I'd tag him for being stupid. You've got to be stupid to be as obvious as that. Smiley

Talk Merit is another example - an unacceptable 28 activity and 9 merit already!

Github | Site | Chat
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:20:59 PM

Tag that with a smile on your face, then do a little dance if they moan! people like that deserve it.

Yeah but then Quicksy will create 15 threads whining how I haven't tagged 3000 other users who did the same thing so out of concern for Quicksy's mental health I'll hold off.

I'm thinking that this merit thingy will sort itself out once the shitposters run out of "free" merits.

Talk Merit is another example - an unacceptable 28 activity and 9 merit already!

True, and not a very successful sockpuppet, hasn't even sent me my half-merit back Angry
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:24:45 PM

I agree - he's got a big mouth. With a name like that, anyone would think he's just here to talk about Merit.

I just hope he doesn't get to be able to display an avatar - heaven knows what that would look like. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

Just curious about merit system. I believed of its purpose to eradicate the spammers and shitposters.
But I have noticed some newbies already have 10 merits in just 3 activity and a 1 day old account???!!! Which is the merit required to ranked up to member. And noticed some Jr. Member already have more than 120 activity are having zero merits. Newbies having ranked friends can simply provide them the merits. But how about those don't have?? Those people posting a meaningful posts still have nothing. Here is the sample profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2000093
For starters, if you can really find a merit abuse amongst those members then you should definitely report it to the moderator so that they will be banned in this forum but I've made a little research about who merited that user and it seems like zcroc1 applied for a merit review in lordquanta thread and most probably the post of zcroc1 is merit worthy for lordquanta.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:43:49 PM

For starters, if you can really find a merit abuse amongst those members then you should definitely report it to the moderator so that they will be banned in this forum but I've made a little research about who merited that user and it seems like zcroc1 applied for a merit review in lordquanta thread and most probably the post of zcroc1 is merit worthy for lordquanta.

Where do you see that zcroc1 applied? I don't see any posts by zcroc1 in that thread.
IL.Guerreiro

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:44:48 PM

Actually there is a little bit suspicious from the both of them. I reviewed the account of the sender and I found out
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=925500 here that there an exchanging for smerit is happening.  Wink
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:48:42 PM

I wonder if it is worth adding a field to BPIP that shows the average merit received per day.  Could produce a list sorted to catch questionable actions like this...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:52:50 PM

Where do you see that zcroc1 applied? I don't see any posts by zcroc1 in that thread.
Sorry, my bad. I did not look at zcroc1's application in that thread first and only assumed that he did because I noticed in the merit summary of lordquanta that he received and sent merits from the same two users and dug deeper in the post they got merited to and found out that it was a post review for a merit. So I took the chance to see zcroc1's post and only assumed that he used that post to get reviewed because IMO, it is merit worthy but too much for that 5 merits.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: